Ripley Baseball

ripfan23

Well, word is coach is out at Ripley and can't even attend the games and is the same thing that happened at Gibson County from what I understand. Hopefully the kids get through this and still go deep in playoffs.

Well maybe they need to bring coach bridges back out of retirement from coaching.THAT WAY THEY KNOW THEY WILL BE TOGETHER AS A TEAM.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Ripley Tigers are able to pull together and make a run in the tournament. Things have gotten so bad, some kids wanted the coach to stay and others are glad he's leaving. If ever there was a team divided, Ripley is that team. They have a lot of talent on that team, and I wish them all the luck in the world. GO TIGERS!!

They may need to bring coach bridges back

They may need to bring coach bridges back

One thing's for sure, if Bridges were to come back, everyone would be treated the same--no favorites on the team. I've been hearing lots of things. I heard the coach pitched a kid 7 innings last Friday night and then turned around and pitched him again on Saturday for one inning, and then two additional innings on Mondays. Doing something like that can hurt a kid's arm. I don't know any of this to be certain, as I was not at any of those games, but there were a number of people talking from Halls that said it was true.

One thing's for sure, if Bridges were to come back, everyone would be treated the same--no favorites on the team. I've been hearing lots of things. I heard the coach pitched a kid 7 innings last Friday night and then turned around and pitched him again on Saturday for one inning, and then two additional innings on Mondays. Doing something like that can hurt a kid's arm. I don't know any of this to be certain, as I was not at any of those games, but there were a number of people talking from Halls that said it was true.

That is true. He would be the first to chew you out ,but the first to congratulate you on a good play.He also had the respect of his players and the fans.

• 2 weeks later...

What is happening with Ripley baseball? They are winning! They are moving on w/ great coaching!

You keep sticking Coach M in the spotlight, but you know he was not rehired for next year. Yes, Ripley won two of the right games, but if you credit the wins with great coaching, then you must credit the upcoming losses with poor coaching. The truth is that it takes much more than winning to make a great coach. Treat all the kids with the same respect. Lead by example. Baseball is a team sport, and those wins lately are due to the kids making the right plays along with the coaching staff. Win as a team or lose as a team.

Thank You. Well he is taking you to state. What do you want, little johnny to pitch and not make it out of districts? Moms and Dads, let the man do his job, You have a winner. Mabey little johnny is not the player you think he is. Maybe the coach is the man you needed to have to prove that to you. I will be watching to see if you FIRE a coach that just took you to the STATE>

That is exactly what Coach Messer does. He treats everyone the same. He knows the game and he knows the right players to play. He never curses players, berates them or treats them unfairly. It is a shame that he will not be hired back because of a few selfish ignorant, powerful parents. It is a shame that a man who makes an honest living trying to help kids will not be hired back because of some parents who are unhappy with playing time. It is a shame that a man who dedicated himself to Ripley, RHS and Ripley Baseball and teaching will loose 95 % of his salary because of a baseball coaching position that is almost a voluntary job. I hope you and your counterparts can sleep at night.

Whoa there, me and my counterparts didn't do anything but respond to this message on Coach T, so I am sleeping just fine. I just wanted to remind you that the kids did the playing in my earlier post. You keep posting all over this board how great he is, but somehow Ripley baseball managed to be plenty respectable before he came along, so all the success of winning a couple of post season games can't all be atributted to just him. It takes a team to win and it takes a team to lose. This is high school baseball, and the coaches and umps should be in the background.

Whoa there, me and my counterparts didn't do anything but respond to this message on Coach T, so I am sleeping just fine. I just wanted to remind you that the kids did the playing in my earlier post. You keep posting all over this board how great he is, but somehow Ripley baseball managed to be plenty respectable before he came along, so all the success of winning a couple of post season games can't all be atributted to just him. It takes a team to win and it takes a team to lose. This is high school baseball, and the coaches and umps should be in the background.

The parents as well.

Coach Messer got caught up in small town politics and it is a shame that Ripley is like this. Coach Messer has been great for this program, and he is still currently coaching. The person that can not come back to the ball field is a parent of a player and he is not allowed at the ballfield next year either. It is awful that the parents have enough pull with the superindent that they can just get this man fired like this. I wouldn't blame anyone for not coming to Ripley to work as a coach, especially if they have the fear they will get the same treatment. Way to go Coach Messer, you are doing a great job. It is a shame that a coach that takes a team to sub state get fired.