What happened to Ooltewah?

broadbat

I see where Ooltewah got shut out Thursday by Notre Dame. What's going on at the nest? This used to be one of the strongest programs in the state, at a school with 900 boys to choose from to field a baseball team, and great youth rec and middle school feeder programs. Where did everyone go?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see where Ooltewah got shut out Thursday by Notre Dame. What's going on at the nest? This used to be one of the strongest programs in the state, at a school with 900 boys to choose from to field a baseball team, and great youth rec and middle school feeder programs. Where did everyone go?

One went to Polk Co., and I'd say they sure are glad he chose there. He has stepped into that program and has filled in nicely. The people I have talked with say his whole family is real supportive of the program and they are a welcome addition.

One went to Polk Co., and I'd say they sure are glad he chose there. He has stepped into that program and has filled in nicely. The people I have talked with say his whole family is real supportive of the program and they are a welcome addition.

The Owls will be back. They start as mamy as five sophomores. They don't have strong junior and senior classes which has been their undoing this season. Coach Massey will have them ready to rumble next season.

• 3 weeks later...

The Owls will be back. They start as mamy as five sophomores. They don't have strong junior and senior classes which has been their undoing this season. Coach Massey will have them ready to rumble next season.

Coach who? Whoever he is, hope he is ready to handle the parents! What a mess!!!

Owls will be fine.w/ massey leaving,the ole buddy ball will go with him,I hope.maybe a certian stud ball player(not to mention any names)will go with him,but they gave 'em away on stump martin's show tonight:come and find out a few played little league together back in the 70's so that explains alot about certain georgia transfers and freshmen starting over more than able upperclassmen. owls will be back sooner than later!!

Owls will be fine.w/ massey leaving,the ole buddy ball will go with him,I hope.maybe a certian stud ball player(not to mention any names)will go with him,but they gave 'em away on stump martin's show tonight:come and find out a few played little league together back in the 70's so that explains alot about certain georgia transfers and freshmen starting over more than able upperclassmen. owls will be back sooner than later!!

That explains a lot! I know Owls will be just fine as long as the new coach sets the parents straight and don't let them run the show!!!

Void-The Georgia transfers of '06 were all studs. Tyler Covington could hit with anybody. I know Jon and Tyler's pop played little league together but Tyler played based on merit and not who he was.

It's all over with,who cares.Why is baseball so traumatic and life changing for ooltewah parents?There are only a couple of kids here and there,that are good enough to get baseball scholarships(to a school that really gives you an education),everybody gets caught up in there kid getting a baseball scholarship to any dumb little school out in the sticks just so the mom or dad can say "my son has a scholarship"only after a few short months,THE SON comes home,reliazing he just wants to go to a local college or just not play ball anymore.HAPPENS every year,bottom line unless a big name school comes calling or you get drafted right out of highschool,just let your son or daughter just have a halfway normal life.,.if they are playing highschool ball,GREAT!!,if they are having fun,GREAT!!,if they are just on the team,GREAT!! There are alot of so called "STUDS" on every team,some nice boys,some so cocky,you wish they would get brought down to size w/ a little "chin music",every school as the same problems(just like ooltewah),but owl fans get really nasty for some reason? Well,massey is gone,for some thats good for a chosen few,thats bad(massey is a good guy),He took the wrong job at the wrong time. SEE ya LATER!!!!

It's all over with,who cares.Why is baseball so traumatic and life changing for ooltewah parents?There are only a couple of kids here and there,that are good enough to get baseball scholarships(to a school that really gives you an education),everybody gets caught up in there kid getting a baseball scholarship to any dumb little school out in the sticks just so the mom or dad can say "my son has a scholarship"only after a few short months,THE SON comes home,reliazing he just wants to go to a local college or just not play ball anymore.HAPPENS every year,bottom line unless a big name school comes calling or you get drafted right out of highschool,just let your son or daughter just have a halfway normal life.,.if they are playing highschool ball,GREAT!!,if they are having fun,GREAT!!,if they are just on the team,GREAT!! There are alot of so called "STUDS" on every team,some nice boys,some so cocky,you wish they would get brought down to size w/ a little "chin music",every school as the same problems(just like ooltewah),but owl fans get really nasty for some reason? Well,massey is gone,for some thats good for a chosen few,thats bad(massey is a good guy),He took the wrong job at the wrong time. SEE ya LATER!!!!

It's important because people want to know who the coach is going to be. For most baseball players, their season didn't end against Red Bank as everyone is beginning preperation for the summer season. Inquiring minds want to know who the next coach is going to be. I hope we get Garland!