cbhs vs usj

hsbaseballfan03

I laughed pretty hard when I read this one. Like I said...I was in the dugout. Never seen either ump. Thought they were below average all the way around but both teams had to deal with it. CBHS was by far the better team that night. When they go up there Tuesday if we get beat you won't see me making excuses (or one of our players getting tossed). If we win you won't see me bragging either. I know USJ is talented so it does mean something to beat them. I've gotten my say in, I know what I saw and I know the umps weren't the best quality. Nough said from me about the game.

yea.... well said! but whos making excuses? im an outsider giving my opinion about the game! i just came to see good baseball and im telling YOU what i saw..... so there NOUGH SAID! just stay in the dugout and keep sitting on that bench

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to the cbhs third base coach gant did not get tossed for touching or talking to the umpire, he got tossed because when he was talking to the umpire he dropped the f bomb. and that word will always get u tossed

We all know he didn't get tossed for touching the umpire because he never touched the umpire. So you are saying he didn't get tossed for talking, just saying certain words. Still sounds like talking to me. If the conversation had anything to do with a monkey and a football, then I agree totally! That's about the only way I can think of to describe the officiating of Friday night's game! I remember when pointing at an umpire repeatedly and making a fool of yourself from the 1st base coaching box could get you an early exit. I guess actions really don't speak louder than words!!

actually i heard that the umpire was very bad. he was obviously for cbhs because gant is not the type to act like this. tuesdays matchup will be alot better one. and by the way gant will not be throwing

I don't care how bad the umpire is a high school player should never get in any adult's face. I do not know Gant, but apparently he is this type or he would not have done this.

We all know he didn't get tossed for touching the umpire because he never touched the umpire. So you are saying he didn't get tossed for talking, just saying certain words. Still sounds like talking to me. If the conversation had anything to do with a monkey and a football, then I agree totally! That's about the only way I can think of to describe the officiating of Friday night's game! I remember when pointing at an umpire repeatedly and making a fool of yourself from the 1st base coaching box could get you an early exit. I guess actions really don't speak louder than words!!

Maybe its a little different for a coach to argue with an umpire than a 17 or 18 year old high school ball player?

Maybe its a little different for a coach to argue with an umpire than a 17 or 18 year old high school ball player?

If that is a little then what is a lot? The only difference I noticed was that everyone in the park could see the 1st base coach going nuts, and no one knew that Gant said anything until he was ejected. So the point you are making is that there is no problem with a coach showing an umpire up just to be seen, but no matter how professionally it is displayed, a player can never express frustration with an umpire. I thought you were finished discussing this anyway????

If that is a little then what is a lot? The only difference I noticed was that everyone in the park could see the 1st base coach going nuts, and no one knew that Gant said anything until he was ejected. So the point you are making is that there is no problem with a coach showing an umpire up just to be seen, but no matter how professionally it is displayed, a player can never express frustration with an umpire. I thought you were finished discussing this anyway????

GOING NUTS? I hardly think a 15 second arguement about a call is going crazy. And maybe the ump didn't say anthing about this is because he knew he blew that call.

the brothers pitcher was geting curveballs and fastballs that the catcher scooped out of the dirt called for strikes, and gant and the other pitcher (who i heard was a SOPHOMORE) were not getting corners, knees or letters.... they had to throw fastball ###### shots down the middle of the plate!

Ok, rule time - it makes absolutly no difference where the catcher catches the ball, but only where and how it crosses the plate.

Smith was throwing an 12/6 CB, and so yes, this ball will be in the dirt after it crosses through the strike zone.

As for the calls Gant was or wasn't getting. Unless you were sitting directly behind the plate, I'm not sure how you can say a thing about the calls. From my angle, I couldn't tell how far he was missing. Sure didn't look like much, but like I said, I couldn't tell from that angle.

Ok, rule time - it makes absolutly no difference where the catcher catches the ball, but only where and how it crosses the plate.

Smith was throwing an 12/6 CB, and so yes, this ball will be in the dirt after it crosses through the strike zone.

As for the calls Gant was or wasn't getting. Unless you were sitting directly behind the plate, I'm not sure how you can say a thing about the calls. From my angle, I couldn't tell how far he was missing. Sure didn't look like much, but like I said, I couldn't tell from that angle.

Smith threw a great game. He was dominant. I don't think the umpire hurt him as much because a lot of the strikes he got were swinging strikes! As a credit to him, he saw what was working and stuck with it!

As for Gant, I was right behind the plate and he got hosed. In the 1st and 2nd innings he didn't have any trouble because it was not in the umpire's hands. CBHS was swinging as well. When it was left to the umpire he was out to lunch. I'm not sure because I've only played baseball on this planet and reading some of these responses a few of you guys certainly have some experience on others. We all lost out on a chance to see a great game in my opinion though!

I didn't discuss Gant getting ejected in my post. It was about a coach arguing with an umpire. Since you specifically directed this post to me I will mention though that many people knew Gant had already been dropping some f-bombs. You may not have been able to hear it but that is not my problem, I'm not a doctor. He did question the umpire two pitches earlier from the mound (which in my opinion crossed the line). Then he went on to argue more after the batter got a hit.

I didn't discuss Gant getting ejected in my post. It was about a coach arguing with an umpire. Since you specifically directed this post to me I will mention though that many people knew Gant had already been dropping some f-bombs. You may not have been able to hear it but that is not my problem, I'm not a doctor. He did question the umpire two pitches earlier from the mound (which in my opinion crossed the line). Then he went on to argue more after the batter got a hit.

He asked for a clarification on where the pitch missed. That's baseball. All I'm saying is let's track the rabbit the way he went!