Pigeon Forge Tigers Roll over the Farragut Admirals 5-3

melabonz

farragut had bases loaded 1 out. 1st guy struck out, then a fly out to right field ended it. I think Farragut may have had more hits that PF too. So I wouldn't try to claim that PF "rolled over them". It was a good game, but anyone that was there could tell Farragut didn't seem to care at all. PF deserved the win, but don't take too much out of it.

Couple of questions and comments.

Why would a AAA powerhouse play a AA team?

Who wins the game the team with more runs or the team with more hits?

Not motivated, didn't care, overlooked them those are all excuses team come up when they get beat by a supposed weaker team.

Championship caliber teams always care.

Lets give P.F. credit they stepped up and spanked a team that most would think they couldn't beat.

Wasn't at the game. Just some observations based on what I have read and past experiences. Next thing we will hear is the umps killed us.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of questions and comments.

Why would a AAA powerhouse play a AA team?

Who wins the game the team with more runs or the team with more hits?

Not motivated, didn't care, overlooked them those are all excuses team come up when they get beat by a supposed weaker team.

Championship caliber teams always care.

Lets give P.F. credit they stepped up and spanked a team that most would think they couldn't beat.

Wasn't at the game. Just some observations based on what I have read and past experiences. Next thing we will hear is the umps killed us.

did you read any of my posts other than this one? I said that PF deserved the win. Giving you facts about them having more hits doesn't mean I think hits win the game. I was just saying usually Farragut does not leave runners stranded. They usually have an efficient offense that has them averaging almost 10 runs a game. With the amoun of hits they had and the opportunities they had they should have scored more than 3 runs. I said Farragut did absolutely nothing to desereve a win in the game. Me saying they didn't care and were unmotivated was clearly obvious is you had seen them play before.

Pigeon Forge (Appalachain State) went into a state powerhouse Farragut (Michigan) and upset a team they werent supposed to beat. App State has had good success in their division, just like PF has, and the same for Farragut, being the dominant 4AAA team. Hes not saying PF is a bad team, just not on the same level as Farragut. Theyve got depth unlike any team. Without Guinns kids, PF doesnt make it to regions this year, Harveston being the only man to rely on on the mound to blow people away in the big game, and they run out of arms on the mound. Everytime i read the paper its something about the Guinn kids lifting the team to victory. And the PF team that went to state had nearly a completely different lineup. Cannons team was much different and better than this team, in my opinion.

i dont know about harveston being the only big arm.. we played pf in the regular season and they threw a tall right hander that was pretty dominating...i agree with you too. cannons team was much different than there team this year.... cannons team was built around one player ( Tyler Cannon). There team this year has multiple weapons on the mound and good sticks throughout the lineup. I'm not saying either team is better but this years team will have to prove there selves in the post season before we say whose is better.

ok so ur comparing pigeon forge tiger victory over farragat to Michigan and appalachan state???

last time i checked, Pigeon forge aint no pushover. they've been to state two out of the last three years. how are you gonna argue with that?

This is how I will argue with that. How many state championships has Farragut won? How many has PF won? How many D1 kids does FHS have every year, how many does PF usually have? They have been to state 2 out 3 years who cares. First of all its AA baseball, second of all if FHS had to beat the teams PF has to beat to get there, FHS would have 10 or more state titles in a row. Yes PF was better on that day, but you need to check the last time PF brought home a state title.

Yeah you are right there....it took alot to pursuade his own two sons to come with him.

To be honest I'm going on the guys track record at his previous school, he always seemed to have lots of out of district kids on his teams. I don't know PF current roster and where the players are from, I'm just saying I see alot of smoke around this guy.

Was Farrragut not motivated when W.B. defeated the?

I don't see why they wouldn't have been. It was basically for a chacne to go undefeated in the district. William Blount, recently has played Farragut really tough no matter what, but we aren't talking about that game. Yes you are right championship caliber teams are always ready to play, when it isn't baseball. I mean in MLB they play what 162 games? You can't tell me that every single on of the those games is important when you have won 90% of the other games. In football, yes you have to be pumped for every game, but in a sport like baseball where you play a ton of games not every game is as important as it could be. Even in the NFL, if a team is undefeated they sit their starters out for most the last game, because why? It essentially doesn't count towards anything. They have already won their conference and are in the post season. In Farragut's case, They were 29-1. They had their district essentially done with and were going to be #1 seed. Then PF comes along. a 2A team, not even in the same class as Farragut. Why would they care? The game didn't matter towards anything. You could argue that their national ranking was already gone after the WB loss. I doubt a win over a team in a lesser division would help them any. They wouldnt play PF down the road in the post season. I don't even see the point in having scheduled the game, but in baseball there are so many games to play, you play who you can when you can.

I don't see why they wouldn't have been. It was basically for a chacne to go undefeated in the district. William Blount, recently has played Farragut really tough no matter what, but we aren't talking about that game. Yes you are right championship caliber teams are always ready to play, when it isn't baseball. I mean in MLB they play what 162 games? You can't tell me that every single on of the those games is important when you have won 90% of the other games. In football, yes you have to be pumped for every game, but in a sport like baseball where you play a ton of games not every game is as important as it could be. Even in the NFL, if a team is undefeated they sit their starters out for most the last game, because why? It essentially doesn't count towards anything. They have already won their conference and are in the post season. In Farragut's case, They were 29-1. They had their district essentially done with and were going to be #1 seed. Then PF comes along. a 2A team, not even in the same class as Farragut. Why would they care? The game didn't matter towards anything. You could argue that their national ranking was already gone after the WB loss. I doubt a win over a team in a lesser division would help them any. They wouldnt play PF down the road in the post season. I don't even see the point in having scheduled the game, but in baseball there are so many games to play, you play who you can when you can.

a friend of mine coaches high school ball and after a tough game he was really giving it to the kids. a parent came up and said coach its just a game. He turned around and pointed at the score board and said, thats what they keep score for its not just a game.You play to win period. I have never seen any kids not play to win,so dont think that the players from farragut layed down they just got beat thats it. There was even one player(dale ferrell) that came back from a broken collar bone early for PF to play. He had an rbi and made a diving catch to save a couple runs. This kid also played one game while it was broken, so he wouldnt let his team down.These kids all come to play I dont think anybody layed down in this game one team was just better that day.

There was even one player(dale ferrell) that came back from a broken collar bone early for PF to play. He had an rbi and made a diving catch to save a couple runs.

That is sort of my point. PF had a little more to play for than Farragut. Farragut was playing a team they didn't even really need to be playing. PF was playing to beat a nationally ranked team. Think about it. Who will be hyped up more?