Chattanooga Post Season Play

bluelion

I guess I should answer my own post first.

AAA...Ooltewah and Cleveland should advance through the first rounds of the playoffs. Very good teams but I don't seem them advancing to spring fling. Hope I am wrong.

D2...Baylor and McCallie. I would be surprised if one or both does not make it to Murfreesboro this year. Both are extremely strong teams. Baylor as defending state champion would not surprise to if they make a strong run and repeat as champions...especially if they get their injured players back.

AA/A...CCS and Notre Dame. Notre Dame is playing pretty well it seems now winning the regular season district. CCS has a senior laden team and it will be very interesting to see how they do in district having to play at ND. But I think CCS will win the post season district there. I see Notre Dame advancing but not to Murfreesboro. I believe CCS can make it to Murfreesboro again this year.

Best of luck to all Chattanooga teams!

Curious to see who everyone thinks will make the post season play and do well in both D1 and D2 in Chattanooga and surrounding area.

Well lets see...

AAA

Region play

Mcminn Co. 2 Owls 1

Cleveland 4 Soddy 1

Region Champs

Cleveland 3 McMinn Co. 1......Cleveland wins Sub-State

A/AA

Region play

CCS 3 Boyd 0

N.Dame 2 CSAS 1

Region Champs

CCS 3 N.Dame 1......... CCS wins Sub State

D2 Don't Care /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You must have a chip on your shoulder with D2....great soccer.

Well lets see...

AAA

Region play

Mcminn Co. 2 Owls 1

Cleveland 4 Soddy 1

Region Champs

Cleveland 3 McMinn Co. 1......Cleveland wins Sub-State

A/AA

Region play

CCS 3 Boyd 0

N.Dame 2 CSAS 1

Region Champs

CCS 3 N.Dame 1......... CCS wins Sub State

D2 Don't Care /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Next week there are several key rematches in Chattanooga playoffs.

In AA/A starting at Notre Dame....CCS and East Ridge square off again. First time it was a 2-2 tie. Did not see the game but I think CCS had the better play but could not score? Correct me if I am wrong. I don't think East Ridge has ever gotten to this round before and CCS needs the win to set up a possible rematch with Notre Dame.

Notre Dame gets the first round bye due to winning the regular season district. Then they take on the winner of Hixson and Bledsoe County.

No slight to East Ridge or Hixson (Bledsoe, no slight to but they are a 2nd year coed team....their day will come) but I predict a Notre Dame vs CCS rematch.

In D2 starting at Baylor next Tuesday....is a Baylor vs Webb rematch. I went to this game and Baylor played very tight the first half. I almost think them knowing they needed a 3-0 win for the outright top seed affected them. Outshot Webb probably over 20 shots to maybe 3? Need to put some of those in. But after seeing the two play....have to go with Baylor to advance to play McCallie again.

McCallie gets a first round bye and gets the winner of Baylor/Webb next Thursday. Wow. A possible McCallie/Baylor rematch....what a great game that would be. McCallie has had similar problems. They get the better of play and outshoot their opponents the last few games...only connecting on 1 shot.

If Baylor and McCallie get a rematch....and Notre Dame and CCS get a rematch...I hope they aren't at the same time. Would love to see both games involving these longtime rivals. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

bluelion i read you takes on the rematches next week and agree. we will (ND) await the winner of the hixson game for our next opponent. while ccs takes on east ridge in a rematch. should be an interesting game. can't count anyone out yet....but a notre dame and ccs rematch could happen....at notre dame. looking forward to a great week of soccer.

i would take baylor to advance also for a rematch with mccallie. if that happens that would be a tremendous game. alot of great soccer in chattanooga next week.

sorry i don't know anything about AAA.

csas is getting healthy at a good time. should have a great chance of advancing to the region. with a perfect game could upsaet nd or ccs. silverdale's senior trip is this week or i think they could make some noise and get to the region. probably be boyd and ccs against ccs and nd once again.

bluelion i read you takes on the rematches next week and agree. we will (ND) await the winner of the hixson game for our next opponent. while ccs takes on east ridge in a rematch. should be an interesting game. can't count anyone out yet....but a notre dame and ccs rematch could happen....at notre dame. looking forward to a great week of soccer.

i would take baylor to advance also for a rematch with mccallie. if that happens that would be a tremendous game. alot of great soccer in chattanooga next week.

sorry i don't know anything about AAA.

Does East Ridge have to meet Bledsoe on Monday before they meet CCS on Tuesday??

East Ridge did have to play one team before CCS and I believe it was Bledsoe. They won 7-0. The game was last week.

East Ridge played Bledsoe last week during the regular season. But Bledsoe did not want to travel to Chatt town for the tourny. So it was agreed that the reg season game would also count as the tournament game.

I understand why Bledsoe did that, however I'm not sure I agree with it. That meant E. Ridge had a bye for the tourny. but didn'nt earn it. I'm not saying that I think Bledsoe had a shot at beating E.Ridge ( Bledsoe"s still in the beganner stage, they will improve with time) but it's not fair to the other teams in the district that E.Ridge got a bye. Anything can happen in a game, Cards, injuries (God forbid), anything.

Bledsoe started the season, you should finish it. I would rather say that a team beat the living crap out of me, than I Quit

Sorry if I sound harsh but thats just an old man's opinion.