MVP in District 8AAA, opinions?

robotman

If you go by stats, i think it would be Shelby Lamb from Shelbyville. i mean how many other girls are hitting over.500? Also she's a sophmore which should mean even more cuz what will she be like as senior??!!!

I don't know..she is a great player but didn't have her best game last night....she was struck out twice by Junior pitcher Lady Raider Kristin Swan last night...awesome pitching and awesome hitting lady raiders!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know..she is a great player but didn't have her best game last night....she was struck out twice by Junior pitcher Lady Raider Kristin Swan last night...awesome pitching and awesome hitting lady raiders!!

I said a few weeks ago that I would never post on here again but I can't stop myself from replying to this one. Shelby did not ask for all these comments on here about her. She is not worrying whether she will get MVP or whether she will even make All District. All she cares about is playing her best so that her team will win. Yes, she had a bad game last night and she was crushed because she felt like she let her team down but she will pick herself back up tonight and play as hard as she always does. If you ask the girls, I'm sure most of them feel the same way. Its the parents that get so caught up in the awards and recognition. Lets just let our girls play ball.

FUNNY...You seemed to have left out that she did have a double last night, and it was one of the best hit balls of the game. I would have loved to have a double in the district tournament when i was a sophomore. I'm not saying that shelby is the absolute best player in the district but i think most people would agree that she is one of the better ones. I mean, obviously, people notice when she stikes out that can only mean that people expect more from her than that. Everyone has an off game every now and then; its just very unfortunate for shelby that hers had to be broadcasted over the internet. Her career is far from over; this was one night.

Even Barry Bonds strikes out /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I said a few weeks ago that I would never post on here again but I can't stop myself from replying to this one. Shelby did not ask for all these comments on here about her. She is not worrying whether she will get MVP or whether she will even make All District. All she cares about is playing her best so that her team will win. Yes, she had a bad game last night and she was crushed because she felt like she let her team down but she will pick herself back up tonight and play as hard as she always does. If you ask the girls, I'm sure most of them feel the same way. Its the parents that get so caught up in the awards and recognition. Lets just let our girls play ball.

Point well made. These girls just want to win because of the love for the game. They all have bad nights, but they pick each other up move onto the next game and do their best. In my book all the girls on the Eaglette team deserve to win and have played well this year. Good luck girls hope you come out of the losers bracket and do well.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know exactly how an MVP is picked and what criteria is used within any district? Do all the district coaches have a fair and equal vote on it? What statistics does it include? Is batting average, on base percentage, sacrifice bunts/flys, RBI's, fielding percentage, and stolen bases taken into account? This could also include leadership on the field as well. What about all the great defensive and offensive plays made over the course of a regular season? How are those tracked? I know that throughout the season spectators, parents, and coaches witness a lot of great plays made by many players on all the teams, but are these feats taken into account? In every district there is no doubt many outstanding players that are technically and tactfully sound which makes choosing one single outstanding player a very difficult and painstaking task at best. From what I have seen, district 8AAA has been blessed with a windfall of talented young ladies who have not only learned the game well throughout their years of playing, but are a credit to their coaches, parents, schools and community in their everyday life situations and the way they conduct themselves on and off the field. Be proud of all your players. Good luck to all and enjoy the rest of the season.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know exactly how an MVP is picked and what criteria is used within any district? Do all the district coaches have a fair and equal vote on it? What statistics does it include? Is batting average, on base percentage, sacrifice bunts/flys, RBI's, fielding percentage, and stolen bases taken into account? This could also include leadership on the field as well. What about all the great defensive and offensive plays made over the course of a regular season? How are those tracked? I know that throughout the season spectators, parents, and coaches witness a lot of great plays made by many players on all the teams, but are these feats taken into account? In every district there is no doubt many outstanding players that are technically and tactfully sound which makes choosing one single outstanding player a very difficult and painstaking task at best. From what I have seen, district 8AAA has been blessed with a windfall of talented young ladies who have not only learned the game well throughout their years of playing, but are a credit to their coaches, parents, schools and community in their everyday life situations and the way they conduct themselves on and off the field. Be proud of all your players. Good luck to all and enjoy the rest of the season.

Please read my post on How All District Teams are selected by MrNoitAll /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Please read my post on How All District Teams are selected by MrNoitAll /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Yes sir, I understand about how the all-district awards are given, but is there any precedent on the MVP award.

The pitcher of the year is pretty straightforward. What is your districts criteria for the MVP?

BTW...is your team playing today?

Well first of all in the game against coffe co shelby had an average night hitting (1 for 3) when ususally she is ABOVE AVERERAGE and second look how excited you are that she only got ONE hit. That pretty much says it all for me. There are a lot of great players in this district but in MY opinion Shelby is the mvp, her stats are outstanding on offense and her defense is excellent. Again this is my opinion and i'm sticking to it. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Well first of all in the game against coffe co shelby had an average night hitting (1 for 3) when ususally she is ABOVE AVERERAGE and second look how excited you are that she only got ONE hit. That pretty much says it all for me. There are a lot of great players in this district but in MY opinion Shelby is the mvp, her stats are outstanding on offense and her defense is excellent. Again this is my opinion and i'm sticking to it. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

From my understanding they have already voted on these awards. This was done before district tournament started. So what a player does now is not going to change the out come . But to all the girls that are playing this yr. I would like to thank you for an exciting yr. Its been fun ladies and good luck through the rest of the games. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes sir, I understand about how the all-district awards are given, but is there any precedent on the MVP award.

The pitcher of the year is pretty straightforward. What is your districts criteria for the MVP?

BTW...is your team playing today?

I am sorry I just got on coacht a few minutes ago, but usually the MVP will come from the team that wins regular season and the playoffs does not count for anything. Because we have to get the trophies fixed and that takes some time. But my team plays tonight if the rain does not stop us from playing. Are you going to be there tonight? Did you get a tee shirt a couple of weeks ago? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I am sorry I just got on coacht a few minutes ago, but usually the MVP will come from the team that wins regular season and the playoffs does not count for anything. Because we have to get the trophies fixed and that takes some time. But my team plays tonight if the rain does not stop us from playing. Are you going to be there tonight? Did you get a tee shirt a couple of weeks ago? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Last years MVP was on the #3 seeded team.