Is Bartlett ready for the post season

WILDCATS47

I believe so, I dont know if they are as good right now as they were last year. Wilson and Hatfield are not having the year that they had last year. But other players like Feathers,Turner and Murk are stepping up and getting the job done. Jon Davis,Hatfield, Wright and Mellinger are doing a great job pitching. No one is counting on Bartlett to repeat and maybe they won't, but I would not want to be the team to have to play them in the post season. They have been there before and they will not go down without a fight, I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT. For the past few weeks (since the Collierville game) Bartlett has been flying under the radar, that lost was very good for them. I hope the Sr's goes out with a bang, but if they don't, they will always be remembered as the first players to bring a state championship to Bartlett. Good luck Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe so, I dont know if they are as good right now as they were last year. Wilson and Hatfield are not having the year that they had last year. But other players like Feathers,Turner and Murk are stepping up and getting the job done. Jon Davis,Hatfield, Wright and Mellinger are doing a great job pitching. No one is counting on Bartlett to repeat and maybe they won't, but I would not want to be the team to have to play them in the post season. They have been there before and they will not go down without a fight, I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT. For the past few weeks (since the Collierville game) Bartlett has been flying under the radar, that lost was very good for them. I hope the Sr's goes out with a bang, but if they don't, they will always be remembered as the first players to bring a state championship to Bartlett. Good luck Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what Wildcat I Think Bartlett is as good as they were last year. They have had to deal with several issues this year and had to put some things behind them in order to move forward. Seniors had a meeting and went to visit a very special friend ( you probably know who I am talking about) I assure you things are now in place and they are giving everything they have to defend their State title and bring home another ring. True, it may not happen for them again this year but as you said they wont make it easy for anyone to take it from them. This is baseball we all know anything can happen. My inside informant tells me that they are ready to defend, so buckle your seat belt and hold on. With that said.. Good luck Panthers! Play hard and have FUN!

You know what Wildcat I Think Bartlett is as good as they were last year. They have had to deal with several issues this year and had to put some things behind them in order to move forward. Seniors had a meeting and went to visit a very special friend ( you probably know who I am talking about) I assure you things are now in place and they are giving everything they have to defend their State title and bring home another ring. True, it may not happen for them again this year but as you said they wont make it easy for anyone to take it from them. This is baseball we all know anything can happen. My inside informant tells me that they are ready to defend, so buckle your seat belt and hold on. With that said.. Good luck Panthers! Play hard and have FUN!

i agree with this because they have the same players as last year. if they hit watch out for the panthers cuz they will repeat as state champs

i agree with this because they have the same players as last year. if they hit watch out for the panthers cuz they will repeat as state champs

They have many of the same players. If I am remembering correctly they did lose 4 of the 6 pitchers that pitched in the state tournament, which is a huge blow from an experience perspective. They are still plenty good to make it back to the state tournament but they will need some people to step up and pick up the slack because JM and Heath will have a hard time doing it by themselves.

They have many of the same players. If I am remembering correctly they did lose 4 of the 6 pitchers that pitched in the state tournament, which is a huge blow from an experience perspective. They are still plenty good to make it back to the state tournament but they will need some people to step up and pick up the slack because JM and Heath will have a hard time doing it by themselves.

I dont think they will see each other again, unless in state. That's a good thing for Collierville.

Yea good thing for Collierville; you've got to be kidding me. Its not like they have been playing some great baseball for a quite a while. Its that type of thinking that can lead to a season ending early than you'd like.

Yea good thing for Collierville; you've got to be kidding me. Its not like they have been playing some great baseball for a quite a while. Its that type of thinking that can lead to a season ending early than you'd like.

No doubt they have been playing good ball, all I'm saying is that I would not want to go to Bartlett and play them to see who goes to state. Especially since Collierville beat them earlier in the season. You know Collierville will not see Bartlett's #4 or 5 pitcher this time, they will see Hatfield or Davis. So it will not be easy. But they "SHOULDN'T" see each other, they both should win their district. I hope Collierville does go to state, they deserve it, with the season they had. Good luck Dragons & Panthers