GRACE LOSES AGAIN

2seamfastball

Sounds like Silverdale has really come to play in the postseason. I just looked in the paper the other day and they've got a freshman who's hitting .590 which was good enough to be 3rd in the city. After considering Silverdales past two season, its pretty surprising. This will be their first appearance in the region tourny. Good luck to them.

If it s the same one i saw he s in the top five in several of the stats around Chattanooga..........good for a freshman in my book.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, 2seamfastball ... it is the same freshman (#22) who led off the game with a 2B vs. Lookout Valley and was 2-3 that game. He is very consistent and plays hard. He had several multi-hit games this year.

Iroot4vols, please don't question the integrity of the coaches at SBA. Why would we pad the stats? I have the book to prove his average if you would like to take a look. I can tell you this ... he was 6-6 vs. Howard (DH) and 4-4 vs. Richard Hardy. If you want to call his BA "shady" then say it's because we played some bad teams and #5 would be leading the city if he played against Richard Hardy and Howard instead of Ooltewah and Oak Ridge. Now that's a legitimate argument, but to say that we don't know how to keep a scorebook is weak.

I respect Grace's baseball program and have for years. Ruston is a friend of mine and I am glad SBA vs. Grace is finally a rivalry now. I too am a big Tennessee fan. I have compared the Grace/SBA games to the Tennessee/Vanderbilt football games. We finally beat you guys in something and it felt pretty good. I look forward to the game Thursday. I hope we come ready to play because I know it will be the toughest game of the year.

Honestly, if you told me before the season that our team would finish 2nd to Grace in the District Tournament and go to Region Tournament for the first time in school history, I would be elated. We were 4-16 last year and now we have a winning record (yes, some of the wins were cupcakes ... but we were the cupcake last year!) I think we have earned a little respect this week.

I pray that we keep it a friendly rivalry because there are way more important things in life than sports.

By the way, you guys played great tonight. I want to congratulate David Brainerd for an awesome season too! The future looks bright in our district. Maybe one of us will knock off L.V. in a few years.

Yes, 2seamfastball ... it is the same freshman (#22) who led off the game with a 2B vs. Lookout Valley and was 2-3 that game. He is very consistent and plays hard. He had several multi-hit games this year.

Iroot4vols, please don't question the integrity of the coaches at SBA. Why would we pad the stats? I have the book to prove his average if you would like to take a look. I can tell you this ... he was 6-6 vs. Howard (DH) and 4-4 vs. Richard Hardy. If you want to call his BA "shady" then say it's because we played some bad teams and #5 would be leading the city if he played against Richard Hardy and Howard instead of Ooltewah and Oak Ridge. Now that's a legitimate argument, but to say that we don't know how to keep a scorebook is weak.

I respect Grace's baseball program and have for years. Ruston is a friend of mine and I am glad SBA vs. Grace is finally a rivalry now. I too am a big Tennessee fan. I have compared the Grace/SBA games to the Tennessee/Vanderbilt football games. We finally beat you guys in something and it felt pretty good. I look forward to the game Thursday. I hope we come ready to play because I know it will be the toughest game of the year.

Honestly, if you told me before the season that our team would finish 2nd to Grace in the District Tournament and go to Region Tournament for the first time in school history, I would be elated. We were 4-16 last year and now we have a winning record (yes, some of the wins were cupcakes ... but we were the cupcake last year!) I think we have earned a little respect this week.

I pray that we keep it a friendly rivalry because there are way more important things in life than sports.

By the way, you guys played great tonight. I want to congratulate David Brainerd for an awesome season too! The future looks bright in our district. Maybe one of us will knock off L.V. in a few years.

My apologies on sounding so negative...not my intention...I wasn't questioning integrity of coaches, I know who they are and know they are solid men, especially men of God. I just thought I've seen a parent doing it at one of the games earlier in the season and thought that was your book. I just remembered an earlier topic about stolen bases and what was mentioned on the difference between passed balls and stolen bases and just carried it over to this...I should have just left it at what was first said about him and his average. I guess I just figured if that was his true average then why wasn't he nominated for MVP? That said, what ever his average is it sounds like he had a great season, especially for a freshman...congrats on that and sounds like he will be the guy to look out for the next few years. Again, I didn't mean it to sound as negative as it sounded and because of that I should have jus left it alone...probably still bummed about who the real MVP should be even though it had nothing to do with ya'll...my bad! I look forward to Thursday night and hopefully a second game!!!

Silverdale plays nobody,all those stats are for nothing,anytime they've played any talent they were beat badly.any of those kids go anywhere else and they wouldn't even play.They play some teams that aren't much better than middle school and WE are supposed to be impressed,give me a break!!

My apologies on sounding so negative...not my intention...I wasn't questioning integrity of coaches, I know who they are and know they are solid men, especially men of God. I just thought I've seen a parent doing it at one of the games earlier in the season and thought that was your book. I just remembered an earlier topic about stolen bases and what was mentioned on the difference between passed balls and stolen bases and just carried it over to this...I should have just left it at what was first said about him and his average. I guess I just figured if that was his true average then why wasn't he nominated for MVP? That said, what ever his average is it sounds like he had a great season, especially for a freshman...congrats on that and sounds like he will be the guy to look out for the next few years. Again, I didn't mean it to sound as negative as it sounded and because of that I should have jus left it alone...probably still bummed about who the real MVP should be even though it had nothing to do with ya'll...my bad! I look forward to Thursday night and hopefully a second game!!!

Thank you. It's cool.

I know why our guy was not nominated for Player of the Year ... Our district record was 3-5 and yours was 7-1. I still can't believe we lost to C.B. Anyway, Wallace Foster is no doubt a great player. He is tearing it up in the tournament. Brooks Thedford is a solid ball player too.

I'm fine with playing two games Thursday, as long as we each win one game. Ha Ha.

BTW, if you go back to a previous board and look at what was said before the season, I actually predicted ya'll being second best...haha, I hope I'm still right and you are second best this year. Even though you weren't second in rankings at end of season, you still have a chance to be second in tourney. Just wanted to add that I called it though! Good luck Thursday and look forward to a couple great games I hope!

Honestly, if you told me before the season that our team would finish 2nd to Grace in the District Tournament and go I pray that we keep it a friendly rivalry because there are way more important things in life than sports.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Hey, I Hope your Programs Improve but not that much! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Just Kidding /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Hey, I Hope your Programs Improve but not that much! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Just Kidding /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Ha ha, well, that is definitely a compliment to y'alls program over on the other side of the city. Y'all are definitely the team to beat in 1a, especially in the area. How does next year look with all the seniors leaving this year? You don't have much coming up from MS do you? I heard you only have one or two eighth graders? I just know y'all have some good coaching and are the team for us all to beat! Congrats on a great year!

Ha ha, well, that is definitely a compliment to y'alls program over on the other side of the city. Y'all are definitely the team to beat in 1a, especially in the area. How does next year look with all the seniors leaving this year? You don't have much coming up from MS do you? I heard you only have one or two eighth graders? I just know y'all have some good coaching and are the team for us all to beat! Congrats on a great year!

Thank You, Coach Dinger is a good coach. He works hard making young men ball players. You know this is my second kid to play here. Our next tallented young bunch is Freshmen this year. You are also correct about players coming up. The Middle School isn't going to help in the next few years. Good Luck to all in our Region!

Thank you. It's cool.

I know why our guy was not nominated for Player of the Year ... Our district record was 3-5 and yours was 7-1. I still can't believe we lost to C.B. Anyway, Wallace Foster is no doubt a great player. He is tearing it up in the tournament. Brooks Thedford is a solid ball player too.

I'm fine with playing two games Thursday, as long as we each win one game. Ha Ha.

Foster clearly proved why he was the two time returning MVP of district 5. Pitched outstanding on short rest and dominated the district 5 regular season co-champs(DB). Absolutely crushed the ball into deep left-center for a triple as well as 2 other extra base hits. Although there are other good players in district 5, Wallace stands head and shoulders above them all. I feel it is a travesty that he was not chosen for a 3rd year. The coaches need to look at the quality of the teams on the schedule as well as the stat lines. Defenses rob hitters more as the level of competition increases. Grace hands down played the toughest non-district schedule and their players should not be punished because of that schedule.