Lexington vs. Sycamore

TruFan18

Well, I guess one of Sycamore's highlights was when a fan from Lexington told Tyler Guye good job when he struck out. Guye told this high school fan "your mine after the game". After the shaking of hands between teams, Guye and several other players came out of the dugout towards this Lexington teen, and several parents had to pull them back towards the dugout. I had heard that he had an attitude and was cocky. Players have to try to block out the noise from the stands. I know it is hard, but you can't let it get to you or it will take you out of the game.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess one of Sycamore's highlights was when a fan from Lexington told Tyler Guye good job when he struck out. Guye told this high school fan "your mine after the game". After the shaking of hands between teams, Guye and several other players came out of the dugout towards this Lexington teen, and several parents had to pull them back towards the dugout. I had heard that he had an attitude and was cocky. Players have to try to block out the noise from the stands. I know it is hard, but you can't let it get to you or it will take you out of the game.

Yep this definitely isnt suprising anyone. All bark no bite. But I am sure he would have done something if the parents would not have got in his way. Let me guess it took one hand to hold him back? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

He probably thinks he impressed somebody with his antics.

haha the field size is obviously a sore subject with the lexington people. yall won the game plain and simple. as for pitching to keck or not pitching to keck...all ive read about is 1-9 these lexington guys can take you yard. so wouldnt that mean pitching around him means facing another dangerous hitter? if this team is as loaded as everyone seems to say then you wouldnt want to put anyone on base in front of these studs.

I'm not the one with a little "size" problem, you are. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And I'm not sore about it! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Billy had a great game Monday...two HR's and 6 or 7 RBI's. Next game it could be some one else. As for our starting line up ask Bolivar, Jax Southside, Ripley, Jax Liberty or Bartett the defending AAA state champ a game we led a till the 6th inning and score 6 runs on at their place. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> What about defense? The Big Red did another great job Monday night with good "D".

Please tell everyone you know to "pitch around" Billy Keck......then Kizer, Rush, Hehe, Johnson or some else will "mop up" for the win. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would make Lexington prove to me that the other 8 hitters could beat me. Keck would have to beat me by stealing and getting into scoring position. Something I'm not sure he could do. What were the highlights for Sycamore?

Go Luck to Lexington and Boliver Wednesday and Friday.

Billy doesnt even run the bases 99% of the time, he has a courtesy runner.

I'm not the one with a little "size" problem, you are. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And I'm not sore about it! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Billy had a great game Monday...two HR's and 6 or 7 RBI's. Next game it could be some one else. As for our starting line up ask Bolivar, Jax Southside, Ripley, Jax Liberty or Bartett the defending AAA state champ a game we led a till the 6th inning and score 6 runs on at their place. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> What about defense? The Big Red did another great job Monday night with good "D".

Please tell everyone you know to "pitch around" Billy Keck......then Kizer, Rush, Hehe, Johnson or some else will "mop up" for the win. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm not, by any means, trying to down grade the other 8. Just basing my point on his last 3 years of baseball(and last name) I would make the surrounding cast beat me.

I'm not, by any means, trying to down grade the other 8. Just basing my point on his last 3 years of baseball(and last name) I would make the surrounding cast beat me.

Once again, if knew anything about Lexington BB you would know that Lexington is NOT a "one man" team. We had 7 players make the all district team with a 28 - 4 record. The other eight will and have beat most teams with great batting. Don't forget about outstanding defense! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I would not trade our SS or 2nd baseman for anyone.

Ok. So you pitch to Keck the first time and he hits a bomb. I'm not pitching to him again until the other kids start knocking them out of the park. There are some teams that you can't pitch around, but the first one that hits a bomb is getting pitched around the next time he comes up. I'll take my chances with the other 8 for awhile. That's just sound baseball strategy. The other 8 had one rbi combined in this game.

I hope there weren't any college scouts in the crowd that saw the post game antics. That would be a shame. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />