D2 East/Middle Region Championship

chattasoccer

Thanks DonCChatt. I will grab a bit to eat on Signal Mtn Rd and head back for this game. I have read and heard about the Express team. They have some great players. Should be another great game!

Bluelion, as a soccer junkie, I hope you stay after these games for some extra soccer. 2 of the top U17 Girl's teams in the state (SRFC Strikers from Murfreesboro and ERSA Express from Chattanooga) will be playing at Baylor at 5:00 or 5:30. This game will determine the winner of the Region III Premier league. Hope you hang around....

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father Ryan 3

Baylor 0

I don't think Baylor was ready to play. Very unlike their defense.

Substate--- May 17

MBA @ Father Ryan

McCallie @ St. Benedicts

JP2 @ CBHS

MUS @ Baylor

Wish i could go to all of them!!!

How could MBA which is a Nashville school be playing Father Ryan, another Nashville school and both from the east region be playing a substate match that is supposed to be a west vs east match? That doesn't sound right to me. What happened to ECS or some of the other Memphis schools?

You are right....Baylor was very flat today. Did not look like Baylor at all. Had a few great shots by #12 but the team just was not typical Baylor. Father Ryan played very well and aggressive. #8 for Baylor was solid as always on defense. #7 and #9 for Father Ryan were very good. I agree with you I wish I could see all of the games next week also. Live in Chattanooga so will go to Baylor and MUS game. Next week starts elimination for all....so no one can afford a bad game for sure.

Father Ryan 3

Baylor 0

I don't think Baylor was ready to play. Very unlike their defense.

Substate--- May 17

MBA @ Father Ryan

McCallie @ St. Benedicts

JP2 @ CBHS

MUS @ Baylor

Wish i could go to all of them!!!

Father Ryan will be a very tough foe for anyone in the State tournament. They played an excellent game versus Baylor yesterday. Baylor may have suffered from 3 games in 5 days, but that does not explain the loss completly Baylor had two defensive errors that cost them. Danny V did not have his best game, but could do nothing on the 3rd goal, as it was a great strike by Jona. Baylor lost Zander early on in the match with an ankle injury and that was a factor. Good luck to FR. Hope for a rematch and a better effort by Baylor.

How could MBA which is a Nashville school be playing Father Ryan, another Nashville school and both from the east region be playing a substate match that is supposed to be a west vs east match? That doesn't sound right to me. What happened to ECS or some of the other Memphis schools?

it isn't supposed to be a straight west vs east match, but i agree that playing mba isn't right. this is also the 3rd time ryan has played mba in two and a half weeks...plus, it is hard to set up the brackets without some conflict like this because they take 5 teams from the middle/east region and 3 from the west...i wish they could have done a better job with it, but that's the way things go i guess

Father Ryan will be a very tough foe for anyone in the State tournament. They played an excellent game versus Baylor yesterday. Baylor may have suffered from 3 games in 5 days, but that does not explain the loss completly Baylor had two defensive errors that cost them. Danny V did not have his best game, but could do nothing on the 3rd goal, as it was a great strike by Jona. Baylor lost Zander early on in the match with an ankle injury and that was a factor. Good luck to FR. Hope for a rematch and a better effort by Baylor.

3 games in 5 days cannot be an excuse because Father Ryan had played 3 games in 5 days as well, not to mention that one game was an hour and 40 minutes long...

yes we do and I am looking forward to some ribs and seeing Elvis.

That ride will be a lot easier to make after winning against JP2 who is a great team. Sure helped us in the seeding considering JP2 and CBHS have been at the top all year and now will have to play.

still have to make that long ride to Memphis though blue /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

yes we do and I am looking forward to some ribs and seeing Elvis.

That ride will be a lot easier to make after winning against JP2 who is a great team. Sure helped us in the seeding considering JP2 and CBHS have been at the top all year and now will have to play.

The Rendezvous, the King, and great soccer -- it doesn't get much better than that!!

Thank ya, Thank ya very much!