Gatorade POY

photography101

actually i really do believe that jordan leedle (goalkeeper for Brentwood) has a great shot. He has, along with the Brentwood defense, shut out all district opponenets this season. To add on to that, he has already broken the Brentwood High School career shutout record with 44, in counting! If you watch him play, enjoy the show /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i really do believe that jordan leedle (goalkeeper for Brentwood) has a great shot. He has, along with the Brentwood defense, shut out all district opponenets this season. To add on to that, he has already broken the Brentwood High School career shutout record with 44, in counting! If you watch him play, enjoy the show /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It shouldn't be Leedle at all.

Danny Rayburn (Brentwood's central defense) should get credit for Brentwood's shutouts, and be in the running for POY before Leedle is ever considered.

It shouldn't be Leedle at all.

Danny Rayburn (Brentwood's central defense) should get credit for Brentwood's shutouts, and be in the running for POY before Leedle is ever considered.

I dont feel like you have any room to talk. They both complement each other and both do a great job. Watched them play and he gets to take more risks back there because he knows his butt is covered

The most fundamentally sound and enjoyable player I have seen this season is Tyler Gibson, the junior center mid for Catholic. He is highly skilled, absolutely relentless and his field vision and game smarts make all of his teammates better. This kid is a coach's dream and while I doubt he will win POY, either locally or on the statewide basis, I hope he receives serious consideration. I thought he outplayed all three AAA players you mentioned, Carter (Maryville), McCoy (West) and Shoenfeld (Bearden), in head to head match-ups this season. He destroyed Baylor's fine mid-field when they played the Irish and I can't count how many game winning goals and assists he has accumulated this season and last.

The truth is, however, it's tough to get votes for a A/AA player unless you win the title or unless you are a National Team player like Tarr at CAK. Nevertheless, I really hope at least the KNS gives him some thought when it names its PrepExtra POY in the Knoxville area.

The most fundamentally sound and enjoyable player I have seen this season is Tyler Gibson, the junior center mid for Catholic. He is highly skilled, absolutely relentless and his field vision and game smarts make all of his teammates better. This kid is a coach's dream and while I doubt he will win POY, either locally or on the statewide basis, I hope he receives serious consideration. I thought he outplayed all three AAA players you mentioned, Carter (Maryville), McCoy (West) and Shoenfeld (Bearden), in head to head match-ups this season. He destroyed Baylor's fine mid-field when they played the Irish and I can't count how many game winning goals and assists he has accumulated this season and last.

The truth is, however, it's tough to get votes for a A/AA player unless you win the title or unless you are a National Team player like Tarr at CAK. Nevertheless, I really hope at least the KNS gives him some thought when it names its PrepExtra POY in the Knoxville area.

I agree that Gibson is outstanding. I have been very elaborate with how great of a player I think he is.

matt lightfoot houston

javier hernadeaz shelbyville

jake holt farragut

daniel tackling ooltewah

matt reed blackman

bradley jacobs brentwood

MJUB...

What about Tony Garibaldi from Warren Co? Another one of those players that will not get any attention because of the team he plays on, however he was the best forward we faced this year. Deceptively quick and powerful shot with great accuracy.

Other coaches...keep him in mind when selecting all state honors. 24 goals, District 7 Offensive player of the year.

jordan leedle should def be in running- committed to memphis

rodriguez is also an elite player, extremely good distributer of the ball- commtted to unc

houston oldham of mba should be in running next year- pulled them through half their season

Is he getting any looks from any colleges?

Tyler is just a junior but I am sure he will get many looks. I know the more local schools are already aware of him. I share Frenchfootbol11's size concern because many bigger programs have a definite bias toward bigger and more physical players.

So far Tyler's size hasn't affected him much at all. Part of that is simply his intensity and skill. I think another important factor has been the presence of his running mate in the middle, Brian Beckham, who is also very highly skilled midfielder. Brian is a big, imposing, physical player. Most high school teams don't have enough personnel to afford a player to simply muscle Tyler because then Beckham will eat them up. I don't know what next year will be like for Tyler with Beckham having gone on to college. I definitely think both will end up playing well in college.