Gatorade Player of the Year is Stephen Morrissey from TNFC/BGA

ETSU_BucSoccerFan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the qualifications to be the Gatorade POY? Is is just high school soccer or both travel and high school? Also who votes? They seem to make good decisions every year and i was just wondering how they are chosen?

Not too sure. In the begining of the season, I was contacted by the gentleman who was in charge of the Gatorade POY, and he wanted info on Brandon. I sent him a stat sheet, which included club and high school information (soccer stats as well as GPA and other academic info). I am a member of NSCAA, TACA, NFHS, and TSCAA, and I did not vote, so I am not sure who does.

Not too sure. In the begining of the season, I was contacted by the gentleman who was in charge of the Gatorade POY, and he wanted info on Brandon. I sent him a stat sheet, which included club and high school information (soccer stats as well as GPA and other academic info). I am a member of NSCAA, TACA, NFHS, and TSCAA, and I did not vote, so I am not sure who does.

I went to the Gatorade POY site and pulled this off. It somewhat explains the process.

The selection process is administered by RISE Magazine, the nation's leading sports and lifestyle magazine for teens. Featuring an editorial staff of prep sports writers from across the nation, RISE has comprehensively covered the world of high school sports for more than a decade and its 25 regionalized editions are currently distributed in more than 6,500 high schools nationwide.

In narrowing and evaluating the list of candidates for Gatorade State Player of the Year honors, RISE works with top sport-specific experts and a media advisory board of accomplished, veteran prep sports journalists.

All state winners are automatically eligible for the Gatorade National Player of the Year award in their respective sports.