Soddy Daisy at Coffee

sdfan1234

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured you would prove my point. People pull against SD because of their arrogance, period. Do they have a good team? Absolutely. But so does Goodpasture, Trinity, Beech and you don't see any of their fans on here spouting off about how "nobody plays the quality competition that SD plays". Give me a break, "a high powered team on every corner"? You must only have two corners in Chattanooga........

Don't count on being in that 5th championship game in a row, that streak may end sooner than you think!

It's more than just the arrogance, it's the antics over the years from the coach, the fans and a few times, the players.

As for the talent in the county, it's still strong especially considering there are only four AAA teams and two in Division II. Ooltewah, GPS and Soddy-Daisy are excellent, SD is down this year but who wouldn't be after last year's graduation, and they still have a chance to make it back to the state. Baylor has graduated a lot in the last couple of years and isn't as strong as they were, but I'd say GPS's program may have something to do with that as far as students with softball skills choosing between them.

In AA, Hixson has underachieved in the postseason the last couple of years but this may be their year to do something in Murfreesboro if they can get by an underrated DeKalb team. Chattanooga Christian is not far from that level and they return virtually everybody next year. Teams like Boyd-Buchanan (at least this season), Red Bank, Notre Dame and especially East Ridge have dropped so there aren't as many quality teams but at the top you'll find few better.

If you're talking Chattanooga area, there are a few more good programs, Whitwell has established itself in Class A, others like Bradley Central usually have good teams but run into an Ooltewah in the region tournament, same with Rhea and to a lesser extent, Sequatchie, this year. You also have to remember there are no teams to the south, of course, that's North Georgia, but their teams have been helped by the summer programs in Chattanooga and started producing lots of college talent. If you called them "Chattanooga area" the same way you can go any direction from Nashville and call it "metro Nashville" there would be several more good teams and players being discussed.

Wear your red!

Coffee Co. is like Riverdale. Never won or done anything except talk and talk and talk.......

If I'm not mistaking...I think C.C. wears red, black, and white. Let us know what color The Owl fans are wearing and we will try to coodinate. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And i don't see C.C. talking trash. The Owls seem pretty confident about making it to the big dance. You better watch out Lawerance County beat Riverdale and they may beat you. Anything is possible from 8AAA teams. Good Luck Lady Raiders. Good Job Coach Floyd! I may wear black to the game tomorrow if that is ok with you wilson? Oh wait you won't be there i bet! Good Luck to Lawerance County also!!

If I'm not mistaking...I think C.C. wears red, black, and white. Let us know what color The Owl fans are wearing and we will try to coodinate. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And i don't see C.C. talking trash. The Owls seem pretty confident about making it to the big dance. You better watch out Lawerance County beat Riverdale and they may beat you. Anything is possible from 8AAA teams. Good Luck Lady Raiders. Good Job Coach Floyd! I may wear black to the game tomorrow if that is ok with you wilson? Oh wait you won't be there i bet! Good Luck to Lawerance County also!!

The Owls and their fans can be just as bad as Soddy. I pick Beech to win it all , they have a great pitching one -two punch, they have good coaches, good hitters, and they have supportive players and parents. One loss and the Owls players, parents and fans will tear themselves apart from the inside. It is hard for a team like that to win state. I hope Coffee county makes it to state but I do not see them winning it all as much as I would like to see them do it. Good luck to them.

The Owls and their fans can be just as bad as Soddy. I pick Beech to win it all , they have a great pitching one -two punch, they have good coaches, good hitters, and they have supportive players and parents. One loss and the Owls players, parents and fans will tear themselves apart from the inside. It is hard for a team like that to win state. I hope Coffee county makes it to state but I do not see them winning it all as much as I would like to see them do it. Good luck to them.

No one from Ooltewah will be tearing anything apart this year. Unless they have a total meltdown {which is possible} they should go deep into the state. And you should leave the players out of your comments. Fans and parents I agree. Soddy just has good coaching period. You can like it or not but it is a fact. I don't know anything about Coffee County or Lawrence but sure am glad to see some other schools from that area getting this far so good luck to them and there fans. Should be a good state tournament for everyone.

Time for a post - This Ooltewah team this year is very different from teams past, the girls take nothing for granted, they know that it is one game at a time and next is Lawrence County. Even if they should not make state, their accomplishments this year are to be cherished, they won the district and region for the first time in years. They are a close group and should not be compared to anything in the past. Sometimes when I read what is written on here I am ashamed of people. These girls on all these teams are doing their best, and they are still our children.

Time for a post - This Ooltewah team this year is very different from teams past, the girls take nothing for granted, they know that it is one game at a time and next is Lawrence County. Even if they should not make state, their accomplishments this year are to be cherished, they won the district and region for the first time in years. They are a close group and should not be compared to anything in the past. Sometimes when I read what is written on here I am ashamed of people. These girls on all these teams are doing their best, and they are still our children.

the girls take nothing for granted, they know that it is one game at a time and next is Lawrence County........someone has read the morning paper.

Good Luck to all you AAA teams. You guys have always gotten us prepared for the post season by giving us your best. We have had the privledge of being in the fling the last couple years, and in between games the best crowd entertainment was what was happening over at the AAA field. Soddy/Mt Juliet last year was a classic. Or the year before when the umpires decided to call illegal pitches, thought that was going to be a riot.

Anyway I hope we make it past substate today, and leave when they shut the lights off next week.