Brentwood vs Independence

rebelj

after last nights game i would say that independence is one of the best teams in state. playing 80 minutes of regulation 2 10 minute over times and 2 five minute overtimes independence matched them step for step. Take nothing away from brentwood but the play of independence last night made a statement and will be evident in the following games. Why is it do you think independence gets no respect?

Who do you think has not given them respect? I mean Brentwood has beat them 3 times in one season with a combined score of 8-0. Thats the fact! There isn't a person on here that said Independence was terrible and hasn't given you guys any repsect. Quality team that has shown up the past few games and one that has a chance to beat Hendersonville. You ARE given respect so stop talking and go earn it!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you think has not given them respect? I mean Brentwood has beat them 3 times in one season with a combined score of 8-0. Thats the fact! There isn't a person on here that said Independence was terrible and hasn't given you guys any repsect. Quality team that has shown up the past few games and one that has a chance to beat Hendersonville. You ARE given respect so stop talking and go earn it!

Independence has definitely earned my respect with their progression from losing to Brentwood 5-0 to 2-0 to 1-0 in OT. They are peaking at the right time and their is no shame in losing in 11AAA to teams that are really, really good too. Hope they beat Hendersonville on Saturday.

Because Brentwood has proven throughout the year to be a solid standout squad even when jacobs was disqualified for two games. Independence did well but when the games mattered in regular season they didn't show up for them. Now obviously they have done what they needed to do to get where they are for the sectionals but its kind of late to be asking for respect this late in the season when it showed during the year that they only competed in games when they wanted to.

No ones taking anything away from Brentwood.. they are a great team

But the only game that anyone can say Independence didn't "show up for" would be their 5-0 loss. The other 3 losses were to quality teams in close games. Two of those losses were to Brentwood (and one of those was in four overtimes).

No ones taking anything away from Brentwood.. they are a great team

But the only game that anyone can say Independence didn't "show up for" would be their 5-0 loss. The other 3 losses were to quality teams in close games. Two of those losses were to Brentwood (and one of those was in four overtimes).

You mean 3 losses?

The touch part for Indy is if you look at their season, it looks like the coach wanted to ensure wins as opposed to good competition... they really have had a very easy schedule and when it came time to play the better teams, Centennial beat them I believe and they couldn't get past Franklin without a tie. They did come back and beat Centennial but it is a consistency issue and yes... they played Brentwood tight in ONE game...does not get them to the par of a Brentwood... I am not a huge Brentwood fan but you can't take the talent of players they have away from them. If anything, this close game will only ensure Brentwood quits being complacent and will go out and kick some butt in the next games. Hats off to Indy for a good game against Brentwood but... one game does not make a great team.

ok lets finish this up brentwood destroyed indy first round 5-0 second round indy wasnt ready for the first half 2-0 second half they stepped it up and proved they could play 2-0 final third round they held brentwood for 107 minutes before Andrew Colley scored an awesome header brentwood is good but not invincible INDY is peaking at the right time both teams are outstanding and they deserve credit and respect where its due

The touch part for Indy is if you look at their season, it looks like the coach wanted to ensure wins as opposed to good competition... they really have had a very easy schedule and when it came time to play the better teams, Centennial beat them I believe and they couldn't get past Franklin without a tie. They did come back and beat Centennial but it is a consistency issue and yes...

Actually, the intention of scheduling this season for Independence was to create a difficult schedule in preparation for District 11AAA games. Unfortunately, a few games that were intended to be "hard" games ended up not being up to par with what was expected.

Those games include:

BGA

MBA

Siegel

LaVergne

Science Hill

the Finals of the Independence tournament were cancelled (weather)

the entire USN Tournament was cancelled (weather)

I hope this helps.