New Hixson Coach lied?

oochie

Just wondering how this guy got hired. It is obvious that he lied about his record. The article that described his resigning says that he had a record of 29-36. Here is the website for that article: http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs....RTS02/804290349. But if you go onto unapproved website and look up Kenwood High School Boys Basketball their record in 06-07 was 8-17 and their record in 07-08 was 8-19. I don't think that this adds up to 29-36 the last time I checked. I know that coach was fired in Dalton for lying on his resume so I was just wondering how this guy got hired. It is obvious that he lied about his record, how can the players believe in him and have trust in him? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Could it be that you are upset because you didn't get hired?

Actually I am not a coach, just a supporter in the Hixson community but I know with all of the bad press that has been coming out on Hixson since January, it would look like to me that they would at least try to do something positive at the school. The prinicipal made the comments on Chattanoogan.com that this coach had many years of experience and was very successful with winning records during his years of coaching but research proves that this is not true and I just can't understand why all of the lies. This is another negativism on the school.

Actually I am not a coach, just a supporter in the Hixson community but I know with all of the bad press that has been coming out on Hixson since January, it would look like to me that they would at least try to do something positive at the school. The prinicipal made the comments on Chattanoogan.com that this coach had many years of experience and was very successful with winning records during his years of coaching but research proves that this is not true and I just can't understand why all of the lies. This is another negativism on the school.

I know nothing of this coach or his record but I will say Hixson HS is in a total mess from top to bottom. The Hamilton County Schools are horrible with the excetion of the new Signal Mountain school which will now get all of the attention simply because they look down on all of us. I doubt very seriously that they had over 3 applicants for this job if they had any with the way they did Coach Eller. So lets not bash this new coach...I would applaud him for risking his reputation by even agreeing to take a job no one else wants.

I do know that some coaches count their summer wins and losses as part of their record

Now thats baloney, and I don't care who you are /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Hall of Fame games and now scrimmages. Whats next practices?

Now thats baloney, and I don't care who you are /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Hall of Fame games and now scrimmages. Whats next practices?

I am not saying that I agree with it, because I don't. I know a few coaches that do it. There are also coaches who schedule 2 or 3 hall of fame games on the same day so they can count it on their record, and it only counts as one day of games. If you do not think this goes on then you have not been around very long. I know that this is not the practice for most coaches but it is for some.

I'm from chattanooga and played prep basketball here I moved back last yr and it just seems to me that most of the schools don't really care about who they hire for there athletics its really sad to say but Chattanooga kids are being cheated when it comes down to athletics cause these coaches don't know sugar they just in it for the little pay check the middle school sports season is s too darn short how the heck can u teach them anything in that little bit of time we chattanoogans that really give a darn need to protest and put a end to this ########.