Predictions on the Harriman/Hancock game and the Rockwood/University g

thadream

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take Harriman over Hancock by 3 or 4, and Rockwood over UH by 6 or 7. I think Hancock has a better chance to win than UH does. I wouldn't be too surprised if that game ends up being a dog-fight.

Not too far off on your picks! Harriman just won by 1 but Rockwood rolled by 8. Congratulations to Roane County, you now have two teams in the state tournament! All the recent name calling and finger pointing between the two schools could be put to an end in a Rockwood/Harriman state championship game!!! Now wouldnt that be one for the record books???

I dont have a source from harriman, maybe bluedevil fans can fill us in on how that one went, the winning pitcher, clutch hitter etc. My Rockwood source phoned in updates and from what I could gather it sounds like the tiger offense which had been sputtering with only 7 runs scored in their last two games broke out the bats in a big way. They scored 8 and apparently from what I gather were threatening to score nearly every inning. Meanwhile, Zach Breazeale mowed down University High hitters with very little trouble all night. When you pitch a shutout in a Sectional game that is quite an accomplishment! I also heard that Rockwood's defense turned in some sterling defensive plays. Sounds like the tigers are out of their funk and getting ready to play state tournament level ball.

Things will get tougher from this point on for both teams, but hopefully with TWO county teams in the tourney we can make some noise in the Boro!

Not too far off on your picks! Harriman just won by 1 but Rockwood rolled by 8. Congratulations to Roane County, you now have two teams in the state tournament! All the recent name calling and finger pointing between the two schools could be put to an end in a Rockwood/Harriman state championship game!!! Now wouldnt that be one for the record books???

I dont have a source from harriman, maybe bluedevil fans can fill us in on how that one went, the winning pitcher, clutch hitter etc. My Rockwood source phoned in updates and from what I could gather it sounds like the tiger offense which had been sputtering with only 7 runs scored in their last two games broke out the bats in a big way. They scored 8 and apparently from what I gather were threatening to score nearly every inning. Meanwhile, Zach Breazeale mowed down University High hitters with very little trouble all night. When you pitch a shutout in a Sectional game that is quite an accomplishment! I also heard that Rockwood's defense turned in some sterling defensive plays. Sounds like the tigers are out of their funk and getting ready to play state tournament level ball.

Things will get tougher from this point on for both teams, but hopefully with TWO county teams in the tourney we can make some noise in the Boro!

I figured the Hancock-Harriman game was gonna be tight... Actually, earlier today, the more I though about it, the more I though Hancock would win... Well, good luck to both Rockwood and HArriman, but I believe they are the # 7 and 8 teams down there. Thats just my opinion though.

I think the pitchers arm actions are what messed Harriman up the most. When the rain started, errors were also hurting Harriman.

Hancock Co. should hold their heads up high. They came to win and did a good job. You could tell both teams were ready to play tonight. It was a good game. Your heart has to go out to anyone who gets put out at this point. Everyone knows they are one win away from state.

Crazzyness: If you think Harriman and Rockwood are the number 7 & 8 teams, who are the best teams in your opinion. I was very surprised to see Cascade out of it. I am assuming Lookout Valley is still probably one of the best teams. Any knowledge of the others? When will the paring brackets be out? From what I am seeing it is: Rockwood, Harriman, Lookout Valley, Friendship Christian, Richland, Summertown, Huntingdon & Jackson Christian.

Good Luck to both Roane County Teams (and Midway Softball)! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I think the pitchers arm actions are what messed Harriman up the most. When the rain started, errors were also hurting Harriman.

Hancock Co. should hold their heads up high. They came to win and did a good job. You could tell both teams were ready to play tonight. It was a good game. Your heart has to go out to anyone who gets put out at this point. Everyone knows they are one win away from state.

Crazzyness: If you think Harriman and Rockwood are the number 7 & 8 teams, who are the best teams in your opinion. I was very surprised to see Cascade out of it. I am assuming Lookout Valley is still probably one of the best teams. Any knowledge of the others? When will the paring brackets be out? From what I am seeing it is: Rockwood, Harriman, Lookout Valley, Friendship Christian, Richland, Summertown, Huntingdon & Jackson Christian.

Good Luck to both Roane County Teams (and Midway Softball)! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If I HAD to pick them one through eight, It'd probably go something like:

1. Jacksn Christian

2. Richland

3. Summertown

4. Lookout Valley

5. Huntingdon

6. Friendship

7. Rockwood

8. Harriman

But I believe any of those teams 1-6 could beat each other. Rockwood MIGHT be able to beat one of them once, but not twice.

If I HAD to pick them one through eight, It'd probably go something like:

1. Jacksn Christian

2. Richland

3. Summertown

4. Lookout Valley

5. Huntingdon

6. Friendship

7. Rockwood

8. Harriman

But I believe any of those teams 1-6 could beat each other. Rockwood MIGHT be able to beat one of them once, but not twice.

Hmmm, maybe they should just give Jackson Christian the trophy! Just kidding! It is suprising to me that most of the so-called experts are picking either Richland or Summertown as the favorites. I have heard that Jackson Christian is not the threat that they were last yr....but we all know that is conjecture. Its true Rockwood might have a time beating a team twice, but its not for certain that they would have to play any team twice. Check out this scenario: If rockwood beats JC in game one, they move on and play for arguments sake, Summertown. If they beat Summertown, they will end up playing the winner of the loser bracket which lets say turns out to be FC. If they beat FC that would put them in the finals against a team from the other bracket who lets say for the sake of argument has one loss already. If they beat that team they would be state champs by only playing the minimum of 4 games and never played any team twice!!! I seriously doubt that scenario will happen.....but this is tournament baseball and you never know what could happen! Thats what makes this so much fun.

Hmmm, maybe they should just give Jackson Christian the trophy! Just kidding! It is suprising to me that most of the so-called experts are picking either Richland or Summertown as the favorites. I have heard that Jackson Christian is not the threat that they were last yr....but we all know that is conjecture. Its true Rockwood might have a time beating a team twice, but its not for certain that they would have to play any team twice. Check out this scenario: If rockwood beats JC in game one, they move on and play for arguments sake, Summertown. If they beat Summertown, they will end up playing the winner of the loser bracket which lets say turns out to be FC. If they beat FC that would put them in the finals against a team from the other bracket who lets say for the sake of argument has one loss already. If they beat that team they would be state champs by only playing the minimum of 4 games and never played any team twice!!! I seriously doubt that scenario will happen.....but this is tournament baseball and you never know what could happen! Thats what makes this so much fun.

I didn't mean that they could beat ANY of these teams once, I meant that they could maybe beat ONE of those 1-6 teams once.

I didn't mean that they could beat ANY of these teams once, I meant that they could maybe beat ONE of those 1-6 teams once.

Well they played LV in the regular season and Rockwoods number two pitcher beat LV's ace. In that game LV made some mistakes late that turned the game in Rockwoods favor, but thats high school baseball. Everybody makes mistakes and if they are made at the wrong time, they can cost you a game. So they are basically 1-0 against one of those 1-6 teams already this year. I can tell you this, if Rockwood plays good defense and hits the ball like they are capable of hitting, they can beat every team on that 1-6 list. But turn it around, how many of those teams could maybe beat more than ONE of those 1-6 teams? Your statement is probably true about every team on the list depending on pitching matchups, errors, etc etc. And since most of these teams dont play the same competition or each other, its impossible to say who can beat who...thats why they are gonna play it on the field!

There will be a champion that wins this tourney and it could be anybody....baseball is all about whos hot, whos not, who is getting great pitching, who is fielding the ball good, who has luck on their side and most of all who is hungriest for it. No one can predict who is going to be lucky next week and as far as the other factors go, hot streaks change on a weekly basis! Take Rockwood for example, the University High team they beat had won something like 9 or 10 straight games coming into the sectional contest but they ran into a rockwood team that was mad after suffering a humiliating loss to arch rival harriman. Rockwood fans tell me that UH had better pitching than what Rockwood saw in the region. But the Tigers had their backs to the wall friday night and came out of the box angry and jumped on UH early and put them on the defensive from the start.

Also, experience is a huge factor. Rockwood went undefeated in district and region play last yr with a starting lineup that included 9 juniors and one senior. They rolled into the state thinking they were going to continue that kind of domination and wound up losing 2 out of 3 games they played. This year they are returning 9 of the 10 guys that started last yr and are more humble and also know that no one is going to lay down and fear them. There is no replacement for experience! If any team thinks the tournament is going to be a piece of cake they are in for a rude awakening. I know from reading the comments that Cascade fans were making just a week or so ago, they thought that the championship was just a foregone conclusion and everbody else was just wasting their time. But a funny thing happened on the way to their coronation!

from the end of last season, rockwood has been in a process of humbling themselves. losing 2 of 3 last year at BORO showed them that you cant just show up and win. also during this season, they were brought down to earth very quickly when they got smacked by coalfield. that brought them down to earth for a good while. then they started getting a bit cocky, assuming they were going to make it to state. they rolled through the district and went into region thinking it was a cake walk. then baseball being baseball, wartburg beats coalfield twice and rockwood has to play coalfield in an elimination game.rockwood was then a dropped ball away from not even being metioned on coacht til next year. i was at the game. coalfields players were all out of the dugout celebrating, and bam! again, baseball being baseball. that again was a wake up call that it would all be over like that. the harriman was bad for many reasons. it got bumped up and i dont think rockwoods heads were ever right for that game. not using that as an excuse because harriman played great. then they get the W when it counts the most on the road and end up drawing JCS, the team that beat them twice last year, again in the first round. sounds to me like all this could be fate. i mean rockwood was a pop fly away from being done, that kid had caught every ball hit to him all day and had that last one in the glove. i hope rockwood comes to play tuesday. gas is too costly for me to drive up there for an ole fashion butt whoopin.