AAA Pairings

CoachT

hi all...

cleveland with the most losses against brentwood with the fewest in the first round; thats gotta hurt the young team from cleveland, but then again... isn't that how playoffs are supposed to work? with the highest seed taking out the lowest? that is how conventional brackets are dessigned.

thruthfully tho, if cleveland is healthy right now, maybe its their best shot at taking out one of the juggernauts before they get a full head of steam up for the finals.

anything in sports is possible, thats why they play the game; just ask the ny giants from last season, they were deffinently not picked to go all the way, exspecially going thru both dallas and green bay on their way to defeating the prolific patriots in the super bowl... you couldn't of asked for a tougher playoff schedule if you had to script it out, but they overcame the odds game after game.

so don't tell me its under the radar and all that jazz, anyone can beat anyone on any given day, P.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all...

cleveland with the most losses against brentwood with the fewest in the first round; thats gotta hurt the young team from cleveland, but then again... isn't that how playoffs are supposed to work? with the highest seed taking out the lowest? that is how conventional brackets are dessigned.

thruthfully tho, if cleveland is healthy right now, maybe its their best shot at taking out one of the juggernauts before they get a full head of steam up for the finals.

anything in sports is possible, thats why they play the game; just ask the ny giants from last season, they were deffinently not picked to go all the way, exspecially going thru both dallas and green bay on their way to defeating the prolific patriots in the super bowl... you couldn't of asked for a tougher playoff schedule if you had to script it out, but they overcame the odds game after game.

so don't tell me its under the radar and all that jazz, anyone can beat anyone on any given day, P.

To say Cleveland is a young team is a little bit of an understatement, they have several juniors on the team, all returning from a sectional loss to Blackman last year. I believe they only loss one person from last year. They look really good and execute away from the ball very well and the midfield distributes to the outside midfielders and forwards who are moving without the ball. They reminded me of the Brentwood team in 2005. I haven't seen Brentwood play, but they have a very good defender, goal keeper and forward. I think Cleveland wins this game, but barely. It's really a toss up and I am only predicting based on seeing them play this past Satruday. They are a very good team, who has flown under the radar here on CoachT.

I have seen Brentwood play quite a few times this season, and they have a very, very good spine to the team. Strong keeper, the best 'sweeper' I have seen play, a tall good in the air stopper, two D1 center midfielders and two good starting strikers. The think that I have noticed over their last couple of games, it is not the expected players getting the goals but the less 'well known' players are coming up big and getting Brentwood through.

If there is going to be an upset, it will be here. Cleveland does have a chance to pull this one off.

I think that both Cleveland and Brentwood have similar styles of play and that this will be a great game to watch in the first round of the tournament.

ya wes, we got screwed.

Welcome to McMinn's world. Each of the three years we made it, we faced the #1 team. In 2004, we were ranked #2 and were the only team to score on Farragut at the State tournament--but it was in the quarterfinals.

But they keep telling me that it is a "Blind Draw".

Welcome to McMinn's world. Each of the three years we made it, we faced the #1 team. In 2004, we were ranked #2 and were the only team to score on Farragut at the State tournament--but it was in the quarterfinals.

But they keep telling me that it is a "Blind Draw".

Ha they must just not like our district too much.