Jackson Christian vs. Rockwood

Rogkid42

I'm a numbers guy. That just makes me look at the numbers before going into a game. This is just entertaining for me to look at going into a big game. This can never replace a game. I don't think that I ever said that it did. Good Luck and Go Eagles!! I am looking forward to tomorrow.

The Voice of the Eagles

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will pick JCS over Rockwood. Jackson Christian is 18-1 in class A. Rockwood is 18-3. Facing AA opponents, Rockwood is 7-1. Jackson Christian is 8-3. JCS has scored 301 runs and allowed 156. Rockwood has scored 277 and allowed 171. Rockwood's margin of victory to teams with a similar winning precentage of JCS's is -9. JCS's mov against teams with a similar winning percentage as that of Rockwood's is -11 which is only from the 28-6 Lexington Tigers who lost a heartbreaking AA sectional to David Lipscomb in extra innings 7-8. The average win percentage of Rockwood's opponents is 48.9% JCS opponents average: 57.3% (These statistics come from coacht.com and aren't 100% guarunteed as not all teams report their results. Especially since JCS played a AAAA from Mississippi in Jackson Prep that is incredible and great team from Georgia as well.)

The Voice of the Eagles

Being a numbers guy myself, the one that has always stood out to me is Rockwood's record versus private schools in the state tourney. In all the years Rockwood has made the state, they are only 2-10 (the record actually could be worse, I may be forgetting a few loses) with their only wins over private schools at the state being over Friendship. For what its worth, RHS has a winning record vs. public schools at the state. Rockwood was also beaten soundly in the 2 games with JCS last year. Trends (and the numbers you provide would) definitely suggest that JCS would be favored tomorrow.

So if I was a betting man, I would take JCS, but hoping this is the year Rockwood bucks the trend.