Triple A All MTSCA Mid-State Teams

Guru

These are the girls that have made the First and Second Teams of the All MTSCA Mid-State Teams

First Team

Shelby Morris Mt.Juliet

Katy Ayers Father Ryan

Alice O'Brien Riverdale

Jenny Bain Hendersonville

Merrick Martin Mt. Juliet

Lauren Baker Beech

Kelsey Choate Riverdale

Hannah Irwin Mt. Juliet

Caroline Mason Mt. Juliet

Brooke Overby Beech

Breana Thomas Riverdale

Sarah Humphries Lincoln County

Ashia Terry Riverdale

Kat Hosfield Riverdale

Courtney Elrod Rossview

Second Team

Shelby Barrett Mt. Juliet

Megan Matthews Mt. Juliet

Courtney Billington Wilson Central

Beth Harris LaVergne

Natalie Papini Blackman

Leevie Greenwood Wilson Central

Lauren Dorsett Blackman

Kat Banks Beech

Jennifer Maher Brentwood

Amanda Buntin Brentwood

Tiffany McCormick Coffee County

Amy Buntin Brentwood

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the girls that have made the First and Second Teams of the All MTSCA Mid-State Teams

First Team

Shelby Morris Mt.Juliet

Katy Ayers Father Ryan

Alice O'Brien Riverdale

Lauren Baker Beech

Kelsey Choate Riverdale

Hannah Irwin Mt. Juliet

Brooke Overby Beech

Breana Thomas Riverdale

Ashia Terry Riverdale

Kat Hosfield Riverdale

Courtney Elrod Rossview

Second Team

Beth Harris LaVergne

Natalie Papini Blackman

Lauren Dorsett Blackman

Kat Banks Beech

Jennifer Maher Brentwood

Amanda Buntin Brentwood

Amy Buntin Brentwood

Nine of the fourteen (First Team) are from two schools..............................this is hilarious!

First Team

Shelby Morris Mt.Juliet

Katy Ayers Father Ryan

Alice O'Brien Riverdale

Lauren Baker Beech

Kelsey Choate Riverdale

Hannah Irwin Mt. Juliet

Brooke Overby Beech

Breana Thomas Riverdale

Ashia Terry Riverdale

Kat Hosfield Riverdale

Courtney Elrod Rossview

Second Team

Beth Harris LaVergne

Natalie Papini Blackman

Lauren Dorsett Blackman

Kat Banks Beech

Jennifer Maher Brentwood

Amanda Buntin Brentwood

Amy Buntin Brentwood

Loaded roster from 2 schools.

First Team

Shelby Morris Mt.Juliet

Katy Ayers Father Ryan

Alice O'Brien Riverdale

Lauren Baker Beech

Kelsey Choate Riverdale

Hannah Irwin Mt. Juliet

Brooke Overby Beech

Breana Thomas Riverdale

Ashia Terry Riverdale

Kat Hosfield Riverdale

Courtney Elrod Rossview

Second Team

Beth Harris LaVergne

Natalie Papini Blackman

Lauren Dorsett Blackman

Kat Banks Beech

Jennifer Maher Brentwood

Amanda Buntin Brentwood

Amy Buntin Brentwood

Now I am just a dumb old country boy, and no disrespect intended to these fine ladies, but I would like to specifically ask how many names were submited from Coffee County? I hope we were not just afraid to make someone mad so we only submited one. Specifically in my opinion, with the record we had and the teams we beat, it is a joke to me that players such as Leslie Keele and the Lawrencburg pitcher are not on this list.

It looks pretty funny to me that Lawrenceburg and CC finished ahead of Riverdale and got so few names on this list. If no one wants to state this information publicly feel free to send it through the message system, I would really like to know.

If it all boils down to playing in a "bigger market" maybe we need to re-think some things.

Now I am just a dumb old country boy, and no disrespect intended to these fine ladies, but I would like to specifically ask how many names were submited from Coffee County? I hope we were not just afraid to make someone mad so we only submited one. Specifically in my opinion, with the record we had and the teams we beat, it is a joke to me that players such as Leslie Keele and the Lawrencburg pitcher are not on this list.

It looks pretty funny to me that Lawrenceburg and CC finished ahead of Riverdale and got so few names on this list. If no one wants to state this information publicly feel free to send it through the message system, I would really like to know.

If it all boils down to playing in a "bigger market" maybe we need to re-think some things.

I think it boils down to stats and performace across a season. If the lawrenceburg pitcher put up the numbers she should be on the list. If Coffee county hitters hit certain batting averages they should be on the list. I dont think it matters where you finish in the season. What is the highest batting average of the coffee county girls, or homerun stats or RBI numbers or ERA and strikeout numbers?

I believe Coach Smith stated in another thread that Lawrenceburg's Coach was not a member of the Assoc. therefore none of their players would qualify for this team. Can't answer your question regarding CC though. That sounds odd to me also.

I believe Coach Smith stated in another thread that Lawrenceburg's Coach was not a member of the Assoc. therefore none of their players would qualify for this team. Can't answer your question regarding CC though. That sounds odd to me also.

Brentwood only has a couple and we are going to state, but I do know these awards are based on stats. These awards dont seem odd to me, I have seen all these girls play. Most on the list arent just good they are " blue chip " players , most with college scholarships indicating high performance over the season if not years. There are always those who think their kid is as good as___( fill in the blank)___________, but in reality they really arent. Just because your kids name isnt on the list doesnt mean your kid isnt good. I read an article on the Alice O'Brien kid ON COACH T who was batting OVER 500 with 13 , or was it 16 homeruns with an ungodly amount of RBI's , who else that didnt make the list did that????? How about Katie Ayers and her hitting , how many homeruns did she hit 15 or so??? Mt juliet had the best hitters in high school ball today, we just happened to beat them that one game preventing them from going to state. Those girls still deserve to be on the list. They are good!!

I agree that these ladies are excellent players that made the MTSCA team. Been watching most of them play in the summer since before they were 10 years old. Were there any other schools that were members of the MTSCA that had canidates on their teams. You would think that it would be more distributed instead of looking like the Riverdale/Mt. Juliet connection. I am pretty sure that I have seen many more excellent players from other schools that could and do play this "blue chip" ball. Not taking a thing away from any of the listed players, they are good, no doubt. No offense, but this is a real head scratcher.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Ok I'll say what everyone wants to say but won't. Cat is a great player, a great young lady but does not deserve to be on this team. I know she was hurt and I hate that for her but she only played in very few games. She'll be a super player in college but another girl should have been named. If stats counted then you see my point, sorry just pointing out the truth.

Happens every year with the "extra" awards. The same coaches that will not vote for certain players from certain schools on MVP / Pitcher of the Year awards are the same coaches that are members of the MTSCA. Just go back and read the posts this year and other years. Always the same.

Sometimes it has been really funny to see who wins these annual awards (MVP/POY/All-Star).

Political.... maybe....Blackballing....sometimes.......Unfair.....depends on who you are..... But not soley based on stats ... and by the way... who gives/keeps the stats??????

It is what it is but it isn't always fair or right.

Happens every year with the "extra" awards. The same coaches that will not vote for certain players from certain schools on MVP / Pitcher of the Year awards are the same coaches that are members of the MTSCA. Just go back and read the posts this year and other years. Always the same.

Sometimes it has been really funny to see who wins these annual awards (MVP/POY/All-Star).

Political.... maybe....Blackballing....sometimes.......Unfair.....depends on who you are..... But not soley based on stats ... and by the way... who gives/keeps the stats??????

It is what it is but it isn't always fair or right.

You probably don't realize how right you are......