Division I Championship

oknative

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very fine all around match. Catholic pretty well dominated the pitch. CAK had only 1 shot on goal that I can remember to probably 10 or 12 for the Irish. Catholic scored all 3 of its goals early--under 30 minutes. CAK's keeper played a huge game for the Warriors. Catholic's Payne and Martinez were easily the most effective and dangerous of the forwards. Tarr was nullified by Mishu from Catholic.

A very fine all around match. Catholic pretty well dominated the pitch. CAK had only 1 shot on goal that I can remember to probably 10 or 12 for the Irish. Catholic scored all 3 of its goals early--under 30 minutes. CAK's keeper played a huge game for the Warriors. Catholic's Payne and Martinez were easily the most effective and dangerous of the forwards. Tarr was nullified by Mishu from Catholic.

That pretty much sums it up. Catholic was all over the place, and kept the pace up the entire match. You could tell they were HUNGRY for that championship. I congratulate them on a game (and season) very well played. You all deserved to win, and my hat off to you!

I have a feeling we will see more of each other in the future, so we will have more opportunities!

That pretty much sums it up. Catholic was all over the place, and kept the pace up the entire match. You could tell they were HUNGRY for that championship. I congratulate them on a game (and season) very well played. You all deserved to win, and my hat off to you!

I have a feeling we will see more of each other in the future, so we will have more opportunities!

Nice post coach. If no one has congratulated you, I'll be the first. You must be about 35-1 in playoff elimination games? Maybe more? I know you don't like the "1", and you shouldn't, but it is a heck of a mark to put on the board.

Congrats to Catholic. 42 goals for and 0 against in the playoffs. 26-2. One loss without 5 starters and one loss in a very close rivalry game. Both losses to AAA quarterfinalists or better. I think the second loss was very good for you. You do deserve a fairly high spring national ranking.

It is pretty easy to get very "HUNGRY" when your district rival keeps eating all of the food every year for year after year!

Gman, you are one h... of a coach. Your work this season with this young team, especially with your injuries, spells nothing but trouble for the Irish---and everyone else---next season.

I, on the other hand, want to keep this run going to at least to 11 in a row after the way the Warriors have refused to play nice and share the last several years. And of course you'll know that the only way we can try to get to 11 in a row next season is by playing a rematch in the 2009 final. I'll be there if you are.

Congratulations to the Warriors on another great season! See you next spring to start it all again. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is pretty easy to get very "HUNGRY" when your district rival keeps eating all of the food every year for year after year!

Gman, you are one h... of a coach. Your work this season with this young team, especially with your injuries, spells nothing but trouble for the Irish---and everyone else---next season.

I, on the other hand, want to keep this run going to at least to 11 in a row after the way the Warriors have refused to play nice and share the last several years. And of course you'll know that the only way we can try to get to 11 in a row next season is by playing a rematch in the 2009 final. I'll be there if you are.

Congratulations to the Warriors on another great season! See you next spring to start it all again. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Many thanks my old friend! But the credit goes to One greater than me. I just get the joy of working with the boys and seeing them mature into adults (well kind of!) and go on to bigger and better things! Hopefully in our future meetings my boys won't see as many of those yellow things that the ref kept holding above their heads. One of the things that one has to learn is how to deal with adversity and how to channel agression or frustration when you are losing into good energy, and not the kind that gets you those cards. Catholic kept their heads and played an EXTREMELY consistant game.

In a VERY weird way, a monkey is off our backs. We ended the "streak", but lost to a high quality team in the state finals. Now, it is almost as if we are free to get back to business. Sure, I hate losing (especially to Catholic... this is 7 in a row now, I think) but I hope that we can learn something from this. Catholic loses 4 and CAK loses 3, and while they are big losses (Derosa, Beckham, Ricardo [sorry don't remember the 4th]... Tarr, Cunningham, and Bonewitz) knowing that we are both bringing back 8 starters each from state final teams bodes well for the "Bluff" area.

Catholic, again, congrats, and enjoy the championship. You have certainly earned it, and proven yourselves as state champions. I would put this 2008 team up against most any team in the state, in any division. Very, very well done.

Catholic loses 4 and CAK loses 3, and while they are big losses (Derosa, Beckham, Ricardo [sorry don't remember the 4th]... Tarr, Cunningham, and Bonewitz) knowing that we are both bringing back 8 starters each from state final teams bodes well for the "Bluff" area.

Better than you think. Catholic actually loses 6 (Derosa, Beckham, Martinez, Wegryn, Trombly, Holleman). All were starters this year. In fact, the juniors and seniors that made up the majority of this year's team were starters on the 06' team as freshmen and sophomores that lost in the finals.

Nice post coach. If no one has congratulated you, I'll be the first. You must be about 35-1 in playoff elimination games? Maybe more? I know you don't like the "1", and you shouldn't, but it is a heck of a mark to put on the board.

Is a championship match technically an elimination match since both teams' seasons are over at the end of the game anyway? (Chuckling) TECHNICALLY, I think CAK is still undefeated in that particular category...

Better than you think. Catholic actually loses 6 (Derosa, Beckham, Martinez, Wegryn, Trombly, Holleman). All were starters this year. In fact, the juniors and seniors that made up the majority of this year's team were starters on the 06' team as freshmen and sophomores that lost in the finals.

somehow I think catholic will be just fine despite the losses to key players, Both KCHS and CAK find ways to reload the talent every year, which is a testament to job the coaching staffs do in preparing the younger players and playing the right type of competition to get ready for the playoffs. I'm just going to throw them both together though and say cedar bluff soccer is just greedy. I think you should share next year with blount county. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Congrats to the Catholic Boys!!! You did what my Irish teams couldn't do (as Hoya knows) in finishing the job and getting a state title. You should be proud to be the first soccer champion and hopefully there will be another next year!

The alumni are all very proud!