Its all over.... What about next year

Welshdragon

You are right....D2 does reload but it may take longer for McCallie next year than you think. Both McCallie and Baylor lost alot of talent this year and even with young good talent coming up next year....the senior classes for both will be very much missed. You are right that the final 4 in D2 could have as easily been McCallie and Baylor. Very close, close games but congrats to FR for their win. Not hard to notice that McCallie has a very hard time with Baylor....2 ties and 3 loses the last 5 times the teams have played with the last 3 games on McCallie's field. Kudos to Baylor for that. Go Irish!

I would not rule out McCallie who played well all year and lost to FR in the semi's by 1 and did not lose a regular season game beat JP2 in playoffs and according to many FR fans ie parents they certainly felt like they got their "moneys worth" when playing McCallie in the semi's.

While McCallie did lose a large group of starters they have solid talent remaining and great young talent. They will certainly have a team next season who should match up with most if not all in D2. My guess is most teams no matter who they lost in D2 will have solid teams. Not sure any one team will over run another. Frankly at the end any of the four teams in the semi's could have won state and I for one believe if it was played again a differnt team would win. Which is not reflecting bad on FR because they had a GREAT team I just mean both semi games were hard fought and based on a play here or there and a call here or there they could have certainly been different. But high respect for FR they got the job done! They are Champs. Cant wait to take a shot at the title, because that is what it is all about playing the best.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all of the "upsets" around Knoxville, I will be very interested in seeing how things will pan out next year. West and Oak Ridge got a taste, and I think they liked it! I personally think that them going to state will actually ratchet up the soccer in and around Knoxville.

A/AA should be intersting. Alcoa should be strong (I don't think he lost too much, but I could be wrong). CAK and Catholic lost some big names, but have good youth coming up.

Will Hardin Valley have a squad? I'll predict that they will be a top team within 5 years.

hey g what about the kids from seymour they have came on strong the past two years and still are moving forward but yet all your credits go toward Alcoa (All the time) I believe seymour lost to alcoa the past two years in the district championship and both games came down to the end kind of like yours did this year with alcoa so maybe you should spread the credit out a little bit but i know from your stoop it is hard to see that far down but they are coming, even playing field or not

hey g what about the kids from seymour they have came on strong the past two years and still are moving forward but yet all your credits go toward Alcoa (All the time) I believe seymour lost to alcoa the past two years in the district championship and both games came down to the end kind of like yours did this year with alcoa so maybe you should spread the credit out a little bit but i know from your stoop it is hard to see that far down but they are coming, even playing field or not

Having played against both Seymour and Alcoa, IMO Alcoa is the more stable program. Seymour always has talented teams but they seem to struggle to play as a team consistently. IMHO there is too much individual play when a simple pass could score a goal. Alcoa also has talent and they have a great coach that is fundamentaly and also tactically sound. The Seymour coach seems to be a good coach, but he will need time to bring the program to the next level. So, I think, Alcoa is a step ahead of Seymour, but both teams (and even Carter and Berean) are starting to get better players and will hopefully start giving the Catholics and CAKs a run for their money.

Wow. You obviously have not read my other posts on Seymour soccer. Just because I did not mention them in this thread does not mean that I don't think they have a future or that they are not a threat. I do take offense with your personal blast in the last sentence, but if that is how you think I am, then so be it. I believe I have proven my character on these boards. I am sorry if I have not proven myself to you. I have learned over the years, though, that you cannot please everyone no matter what you do or say.

But, to Seymour soccer players, I think that you guys do have a great program, but since I haven't seen you this season, it was hard to judge. I wish you the best of luck in the coming years, and I know that your coach will get you ready to play the big games.

Wow. You obviously have not read my other posts on Seymour soccer. Just because I did not mention them in this thread does not mean that I don't think they have a future or that they are not a threat. I do take offense with your personal blast in the last sentence, but if that is how you think I am, then so be it. I believe I have proven my character on these boards and in the press. I am sorry if I have not proven myself to you. I have learned over the years, though, that you cannot please everyone no matter what you do or say.

But, to Seymour soccer players, I think that you guys do have a great program, but since I haven't seen you this season, it was hard to judge. I wish you the best of luck in the coming years, and I know that your coach will get you ready to play the big games.

G actually I was just giving you a hard time, but in a post you cannot tell that in my demeanor that is what I do is mess with people I think it is fun I like you alot and have seen you since at CAK and think you do a great job and definately are one of the best high class and morally sound coach around which is a blessing I was not trying to take a jab at you just poke a little fun and make sure you don't forget the little people

I am glad you came on here to clarify that you was "poking fun" as you say. I really thought you were being very tacky and insulting. You are right it is hard to tell in a post when someone is having fun or being cynical. Glad you cleared it up....because alot of people think very highly of Big G.

G actually I was just giving you a hard time, but in a post you cannot tell that in my demeanor that is what I do is mess with people I think it is fun I like you alot and have seen you since at CAK and think you do a great job and definately are one of the best high class and morally sound coach around which is a blessing I was not trying to take a jab at you just poke a little fun and make sure you don't forget the little people

Will is a very capable goalie and can keep you in games...but I still think they will have trouble if they are able to move on to Murfreesboro. Collierville should be the best team in the Div. coming out of Memphis and White Station has some very good young talent.

CBHS should have a great team. JPII will be very good. Anytime you have a player such as Jonah you are dangerous...so Father Ryan will be in the mix....

But good try...Cary..LOL

Will is the best goalie in the state and their defense will be held together by john krc and the midfield around tyler doss if he can remain consistent...they will field some great athletes and this is great that theyre already basically being called the third best team in their own district next year...while collierville and white station may have more talent you can guarantee that coach wolff will get more out of his players then the collierville kids or white station kids...Houston will be back at the state tournament next year...CF dont back down from JA...

maybe you were having fun and maybe you weren't. i guess you are the only one that knows....but i am pretty sure that you have taken some jabs at big g before....and you seemed serious there as well. either you really like to poke fun at g....or for some reason you have a problem with him? i just wish every kid could have as classy and moral (as you said) a coach as big g.

I appreciate the clarification; it certainly did not come off as jovial, but sometimes posts are tough to read. My wife always laughs at the amount of time I take in phrasing my responses on Coach T, and I do so for this reason. Since you can't read a facial expression or unspoken innuendo in typed words, I really spend a lot of time thinking, typing and re-typing my thoughts, since the written words on this web page are read across the state (and possibly beyond) and represent not only myself, but my program and much more. I take my responses very seriously (except when Reaction or Coniglio are involved!) and sometimes read more into what other people write than I need to.

What you might not realize is that I don't think that Seymour is a "little person" by any means. I get apprehensive about EVERY game and try to teach my boys to respect every opponent, no matter who they are. As soon as one thinks that they are high on a "stoop", that's when you fall quite hard onto that rocky surface. This is why I try and keep my boys ego's in check (along with my own, but my wife takes care of that one quite nicely!).

ANYWAY, this is water under the bridge. Again, thanks for clearing it up, and I look forward to seeing what Seymour brings next season.

Will is the best goalie in the state and their defense will be held together by john krc and the midfield around tyler doss if he can remain consistent...they will field some great athletes and this is great that theyre already basically being called the third best team in their own district next year...while collierville and white station may have more talent you can guarantee that coach wolff will get more out of his players then the collierville kids or white station kids...Houston will be back at the state tournament next year...CF dont back down from JA...

Collierville is loosing the coach everyone liked and keeping the one like Houston had in the past. Houston will go to state next year - not sure how far they will go because who knows, but Collierville is going to be shooting blanks. The local club for the boys is having a High Schools team next year that will be 91, 92, 93, 94 - Not even a d3 team so there is not much for Collierville to hope to get. Coach might even affect the girls team too.

Not to worry - Dr. J is all show and no go! I've seen him play golf . . . /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Trying to figure you out rockytopreigns - should be easy given only one or two Big Orange fans in this part of the state!