Coaching

baseballer31

baseballer-

Read back through your posts and you have been a ballgames and at district games throughout Cookeville's softball season and you know too much about the players and Jones.

Does the high school you coach at in Texas softball team's season run different from the rest of America?????????? It must or you were MIA for 99% of their season. Give it a rest guy!

The new coach just might be better off without 4 or 5 of Jones starters from last year. He didn't have a team he just had players.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

baseballer-

Read back through your posts and you have been a ballgames and at district games throughout Cookeville's softball season and you know too much about the players and Jones.

Does the high school you coach at in Texas softball team's season run different from the rest of America?????????? It must or you were MIA for 99% of their season. Give it a rest guy!

The new coach just might be better off without 4 or 5 of Jones starters from last year. He didn't have a team he just had players.

Well said Midtennsoftball. Has anyone heard when tryouts are for Cookeville Softball?

baseballer-

I heard someone say on CoachT that Georgia's softball season is in the fall. Texas may do this also. I don't know if that is true or not. I wish Tennessee did that and played their soccer in the spring.

I heard someone say on CoachT that Georgia's softball season is in the fall. Texas may do this also. I don't know if that is true or not. I wish Tennessee did that and played their soccer in the spring.

Have you heard who the new cascade softball coach is going to be?................................................................................

Texas plays in the spring, St Benedict went down there a couple of years ago and beat Keller ( who at the time was ranked 1 or 2 in the nation ) 1-0.

Well then he doesn't have the help needed then cookeville will have a rough time this year even more so then last year because 6 of the starters will not be playin for this new coach. For the programs future I hope this changes. And i am a coach for a small high school in texas and was in cookeville watching my sister play.

So.... those six starters were only playing because daddy or mommy or someone close to them had control over last year's coach? Is that what you are saying? If that is true then the new coach (and team) will be better off without them....

Purplegrad

That's what baseballer is trying not to say but that is exactly the case and has been the case in Cookeville since Coach Duff left several years ago.

Whatever the new coach does may not result in a winning season but be assured that even if he starts his season without the girls baseballer is talking about it will be an improvement to the team over the last few years. I wonder are those girls afraid he will not select them based on the baggage they carry or are they afraid he is going to change their spot on the field or did they just love the way Jones coached and can't stand the thought of being held to a high standard on and off the field and being held accountable for thier actions? or is purplegrad right and mommy and daddy will have no influence on the coaches decisions?? or all of the above? that's my guess!

Amy Stevens's would have been a nice addition to the program in Cookeville. She was listed in an earlier post as one of the best coaches in Tennessee. She is stepping down from her coaching position and SHOULD have been offered the coaching position in Cookeville.

I ALSO THINK AMY STEVENS WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD COACH FOR COOKEVILLE.

AFTER READING ALL OF THIS AND TALKING TO SOME GOOD PEOPLE FROM COOKEVILLE, IT SEEMS TO ME THAT COACH JONES DID ALOT DAMAGE TO THIS PROGRAM. I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT SOME OF THE GIRLS WHO LEFT THE TEAM MIGHT NOT COME BACK BECAUSE JONES HAD BROKE THESE GIRLS DOWN SO BAD MENTALLY THAT THEY HAVE GAVE UP PLAYING. I BELIEVE THIS WAS 2 OUTFIELDERS AND A PITCHER. (I THINK HE HAD TWO CATCHERS QUIT ALSO, NOT SURE ABOUT THAT) I WAS ALSO TOLD ABOUT ANOTHER PITCHER WHO LEFT BECAUSE OF ALL THE DRAMA ON THE TEAM AND JONES NEVER MADE ANY EFFORT TO STOP HIS TROUBLE MAKERS.

I WAS AT CROSSVILLE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND SOMEONE POINTED THIS KID OUT TO ME. I WAS TOLD THAT SHE IS 16 BUT PLAYING 18'S. SHE CAN THROW THE BALL.

MAYBE THIS NEW COACH CAN HELP THIS PROGRAM. DON'T THINK IT COULD GET MUCH WORSE. EACH PLAYER EVERY YEAR SHOULD WORRY ABOUT THEIR POSITIONS. THAT JUST TEACHES THEM THAT YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR WHAT YOU GET. MOMMY AND DADDY WILL NOT ALWAYS BE THERE.

I ALSO THINK AMY STEVENS WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD COACH FOR COOKEVILLE.

AFTER READING ALL OF THIS AND TALKING TO SOME GOOD PEOPLE FROM COOKEVILLE, IT SEEMS TO ME THAT COACH JONES DID ALOT DAMAGE TO THIS PROGRAM. I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT SOME OF THE GIRLS WHO LEFT THE TEAM MIGHT NOT COME BACK BECAUSE JONES HAD BROKE THESE GIRLS DOWN SO BAD MENTALLY THAT THEY HAVE GAVE UP PLAYING. I BELIEVE THIS WAS 2 OUTFIELDERS AND A PITCHER. (I THINK HE HAD TWO CATCHERS QUIT ALSO, NOT SURE ABOUT THAT) I WAS ALSO TOLD ABOUT ANOTHER PITCHER WHO LEFT BECAUSE OF ALL THE DRAMA ON THE TEAM AND JONES NEVER MADE ANY EFFORT TO STOP HIS TROUBLE MAKERS.

I WAS AT CROSSVILLE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND SOMEONE POINTED THIS KID OUT TO ME. I WAS TOLD THAT SHE IS 16 BUT PLAYING 18'S. SHE CAN THROW THE BALL.

MAYBE THIS NEW COACH CAN HELP THIS PROGRAM. DON'T THINK IT COULD GET MUCH WORSE. EACH PLAYER EVERY YEAR SHOULD WORRY ABOUT THEIR POSITIONS. THAT JUST TEACHES THEM THAT YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR WHAT YOU GET. MOMMY AND DADDY WILL NOT ALWAYS BE THERE.

I wish good luck to whoever takes over this program. They are going to need all the luck they can get .

I wish good luck to whoever takes over this program. They are going to need all the luck they can get .

Last night's Cookeville newspaper was very interesting. Excoach Jones must have written both articles. Hope that Roane benefites as much as they said they hoped to. What the new coach said was short and sweet. Nice!! Not a whole lot of bull.