best qbs in 1a

pirate15

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Will Healy from Boyd and Mark Byrd are the best in 1-A. Healy I think has the chance to be a QB in college. Maybe not a D-1 school but I think for certain at a lower level. I hope someone from UTC is taking a look at that kid.

Mark Byrd is probably the best Athlete. I think he will get the chance to play college ball, maybe at the D-1 level, but it won't be as a QB. He's too small. He is just a junior and I'm sure still has some growing to do. He's a great football player though, there are alot of 4-a and 5-a schools in the state that would love to have somebody like him.

Guest panther09

John Ward I beleive is by far the best qb in 1A. He's like 6'1 225 and can run and throws a bullet. I don't know if he'll play qb in collge but I beleive he can or he might play linebacker in D1 but has potential to play qb at that level

• 2 weeks later...

Will Healy at Boyd-Buchanan has to be considered not only one of the top 1A quarterbacks, but tops in the state. Will is definantly considered the top returning QB in the Chattanooga area as he was named 1st Team All-City Offense last year as a junior. This summer Will also attended the Nike Camp at the University of Georgia with several of the top QB's in the southeast...(CJ Leak and others) During the camp...Will got reps with the A QB squad by the request of the coaching staff. Passing for over 2700 yards last year...Will is easily one of, if not the Top 1A QB's around!!!

[Edited by sportsguy1 on 8/2/02 11:22P]

I saw Healy and Ward both play, and both are terriffic QBs. Ward gives you a dimension of a hard nosed winner can run throw and plays physical. Healy is a pocket passer with cannon for a right arm, and if you let him sit in the pocket he will pick you apart. It will be interesting to see if Boyd has someone step up and become their go to receiver. While Ward has his two go to men back, his legs and Victory.