Sequoyah

dumdum

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know a number of players who have changed their mind, please no names just a number, if any at this time?

I dont know how many have came back or how many actually quit but I do know that its time for all those people who TRUELY want whats best for ALL the boys to encourage them to support the rest of the "TEAM" and do whats best for the "TEAM". Dont let your boys look back on this year and wish they hadnt quit on the friends who are depending on them. They should at least give the new coach a chance.

from my understanding yes, sequoyah will be in 4a when it comes playoff time. the tssaa has classified sequoyah as 4a. sweetwater megs polk central are all 3 a when it comes to the playoffs. it is very hard to understand how it will all work out but that is the way it will be. and i also want to add something here. i hope and pray that all of the mess that is taking place there at sequoyah can be worked out before the season starts. i am from sweetwater and believe me i bleed blue and gold, but i want to see a strong program at your school. a program that will keep the county riverly going strong into the future. i know you guys were really slaped in the face by the director of schools, if that is what they call him, i worked under him here in sweetwater for two years and it took me about two days to figure him out... its all about him. so i am not shocked at what he did. but please dont let one man bring down a program that you all worked so hard to build. pease give the new coach a chance. and to all the kids ... show this man (mike lowery) he can not beat you , he might have you down, but show him you are not out !!!! play football.. play hard.. and smile every game because that means you are a better man than he !!! I know i am pulling for all the kids up there, it hurts what was done to you, but please dont give up, play the game you love with passion. God bless all of you at sequoyah !!!!

I would like to leave a message for the Sequoyah Football Players, and this is from experience of some folks I know. Everyone I have ever talked to who said they didnt play their senior years for one reason or another, absolutely regretted the decision. Men, from what I know and have read, Coach Satterfield had no idea of what the board members were up to, he simply thought he was being hired by the folks who do the hiring. From what I hear and seen last season, the men of Sequoyah have been molded into a good football team and was expecting to make some noise this season, I would hope you guys come back and Make The Noise, do in for your new coach, your old coach, yourself and for everyone of your brothers out there on the field of battle. Do not go through life wonder "what if". Take some time and do the right thing. I'll pray for every football player who have struggled with their decision. God Bless and Go Chiefs!

I would just like to say how proud I am for these boys to stand together as a TEAM Thursday night. I am also even more proud of those who choose to walk back into that field house this morning. I know how difficult it must have been for you. To those who have not made up their minds as of yet, I do hope you to will return and join you TEAM. And to the adults out there you could really learn a lesson from these guys who return this morning. I know first hand with mine has struggled all weekend about what to do. He choose to move on and he walk back into the field house this morning. This whole thing is a sad situation, but it's time to move on. What done is done. Now lets get prepared for a cat skinning come August.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lineman Mom

AKA Rita Workman

I would just like to say how proud I am for these boys to stand together as a TEAM Thursday night. I am also even more proud of those who choose to walk back into that field house this morning. I know how difficult it must have been for you. To those who have not made up their minds as of yet, I do hope you to will return and join you TEAM. And to the adults out there you could really learn a lesson from these guys who return this morning. I know first hand with mine has struggled all weekend about what to do. He choose to move on and he walk back into the field house this morning. This whole thing is a sad situation, but it's time to move on. What done is done. Now lets get prepared for a cat skinning come August.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lineman Mom

AKA Rita Workman

Saw your son in passing Saturday. You have a fine young man to be proud of. As do many others.

Saw your son in passing Saturday. You have a fine young man to be proud of. As do many others.

[/q

Thanks SID. I total agree there are many others out there. Just wish they knew how proud we really are of them. The only way I think for them to know is for all to united together as one team like they did. Move forward united in the 08" season with support and pride in the RED and WHITE. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone is very proud of every young man who showed up this morning to lift weights, keep your heads up and continue to work hard and it will pay off. please do not let the comments of a few people bring the entire team down, some of the comments made on here show where their hearts really lie, it is not with the team, it is with theirself. (hint,hint redchief)