Sequoyah

dumdum

Im not so sure that what we did on offense last year should be called "working". Im glad that someone is at least considering a change. Sounds good to me.

GO CHIEFS!

averaged over 325 yards per game on offense with 9 starters back and you wouldn't call that "working" unbelievable except for you. I guess it would have been a great offense if a certain kid had got all the attention. He may have if he had learned the plays before half the season was over.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

averaged over 325 yards per game on offense with 9 starters back and you wouldn't call that "working" unbelievable except for you. I guess it would have been a great offense if a certain kid had got all the attention. He may have if he had learned the plays before half the season was over.

Im not sure what you mean by "a certain player" not learning the plays but Im guessing you just offended someone who didnt deserve it. I was just referring to the fact that we were outscored 8 of 10 games and Im glad to see changes taking place. Im trying to be positive and hopefull about the upcoming year. We should all try and be more supportive for the sake of all who are involved; especially our boys.

GO CHIEFS!

Im not sure what you mean by "a certain player" not learning the plays but Im guessing you just offended someone who didnt deserve it. I was just referring to the fact that we were outscored 8 of 10 games and Im glad to see changes taking place. Im trying to be positive and hopefull about the upcoming year. We should all try and be more supportive for the sake of all who are involved; especially our boys.

GO CHIEFS!

just stated the truth, if the shoe fits, walks like a duck, getting outscored is the offenses problem?????????? offense played well enough to win at least 5 or 6 games. running power plays with a 130 lb tailback doesn't make a lot of sense to me,,, great kid hard nosed as the dickens gives you maximum effort, but not a between the tackles kind of runner. I love the I formation I think you need to have it in your playbook its just a head scratcher to me if you are going to stick with last years offense, why change the way you number backs when you are in the I, verses double wing, twins quads, gun etc, maybe they are not going to stay with last years offense, I don't know

just stated the truth, if the shoe fits, walks like a duck, getting outscored is the offenses problem?????????? offense played well enough to win at least 5 or 6 games. running power plays with a 130 lb tailback doesn't make a lot of sense to me,,, great kid hard nosed as the dickens gives you maximum effort, but not a between the tackles kind of runner. I love the I formation I think you need to have it in your playbook its just a head scratcher to me if you are going to stick with last years offense, why change the way you number backs when you are in the I, verses double wing, twins quads, gun etc, maybe they are not going to stay with last years offense, I don't know

Sorry guys but I believe I will put my faith in the guy with a state championship ring on his finger. Some people decided we needed to go in a new direction so a complete new direction is where we are headed. There are about nine teams on our schedule who do not like what is going on, and that is more players than we have had in a while a new offense and a head coach who can show these kids the playoffs.

GO CHIEFS

I heard it was Jesse Ray who went to Central and never played his freshmen yr, then he had a kid and went home schooled... He did go play in vonore in little league for a yr or two.. And he does not run a 4.7.. But hopefully he gets to play some where his senior yr.

There are a couple of Central kids they may possibly transfer. If you do get Jesse Ray, he is good athlete would make an excellent option style QB. Since the other kid hasn't been named on here, I'll leave him nameless. He is a good player that has fell victim to alot of depth at his position. If Sequoyah gets these 2, they should feel very lucky because I think they will make an immediate impact. Personally, I hope they stay at Central but I hope they succeed wherever they go. Chief fans should keep there fingers crossed.

There are a couple of Central kids they may possibly transfer. If you do get Jesse Ray, he is good athlete would make an excellent option style QB. Since the other kid hasn't been named on here, I'll leave him nameless. He is a good player that has fell victim to alot of depth at his position. If Sequoyah gets these 2, they should feel very lucky because I think they will make an immediate impact. Personally, I hope they stay at Central but I hope they succeed wherever they go. Chief fans should keep there fingers crossed.

Good post, good information. Everyone should be as supportive of any kid that has to make these decisions. There has been a situation at Meigs that has apparently turned ugly that we should all take notice of. I don't know all the circumstances involved, nor do I want to know, but a young athlete should be supported no matter what decision is made. jw, good luck at Central this year until you face the Chiefs! LOL!

DrDave has eluded to what I think has been a problem for more than just last year. I can't count more than twice last year, once at the end of the Grundy County game and once in the Notre Dame game (I believe), where we got a big stop on defense. I can't point a finger on whether or not it was the scheme, match ups, or what, but as a team we have not tackled well over the last couple of years. We have had individuals do well, but as a team we have just had issues with bringing people down. It's just an observation. What do you guys think?

42 kids on the field yesterday but only 2 coaches. Coach S. on Vacation and I hope where ever he is he can bring a couple of coaches back with him. Things are not sounding good as far as new hires are concerned. The kids are back and this team can still be successful but they need a full compliment of coaches to keep them learning, hungry and in line.

Sorry guys but I believe I will put my faith in the guy with a state championship ring on his finger. Some people decided we needed to go in a new direction so a complete new direction is where we are headed. There are about nine teams on our schedule who do not like what is going on, and that is more players than we have had in a while a new offense and a head coach who can show these kids the playoffs.

GO CHIEFS

Good point slobber knocker! Coach Satterfield knows what he is doing. You don't win as many ballgames as he has without that type of knowledge. Certain people wanted to go in a different direction with the football team so things will change. Every coach has his own terminology ie. numbering the backs, holes, and identifying receivers. It is a system that they have developed over the years and it fits that coach. The kids and assistant coaches have to learn as quickly as they can.

When you have the type of turnover in June that Sequoyah had it will take time to get a coaching staff put together. Every coach in the south had already went through spring practice and most will not pack up and go to a new school once this is done. That is a major problem with replacing a head coach so late in the year.

To all the players at Sequoyah, work hard, believe in Coach Satterfield and his system and you will win!!

Did Bill #49 apply for one of the coordinator positions? He'd make a good one there. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Thanks for the plug Umpire2829 but I'm happy at Marion County.