Sequoyah

dumdum

Can you name the coach who has been at Sequoyah longer than anyone? It is David Staff, the first coach, and current coach at Sweewater. Honestly, if they had let him coach, he would have still been at Sequoyah, and hence, Sequoyah would have much more stability over the years. I have been around Madisonville a long time, and a few knuckleheads ruin it for everyone in those communities. I swear, they put their own pride and agenda over the people who matter, and that would be the kids. Unless it gets out of control, Vonore WILL NOT get their own school again. This county has never added a high school, and it does not have the money to do so.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our school board is a joke. Hopefully, they can put this to another vote next month when Sonya Martin Lynn is voted out of office. Hopefully, Lisa Maclamore and the blowhard Dean Williams will be ousted in 2010. Seriously, leave it up to the darn school and coaches. I mean good grief, there is a reason we don't have one huge county school. What works at Tellico, may not work at Sequoyah and Sweetwater, and vice versa.

By the way, if you live in the Tellico district, or know someone in the Tellico district, please vote or tell that person to vote Sonya out of office. That woman is related to the devil, I swear.

Amen, the best that could happen would be removal of all the "yes" people that sided with Dean Williams. If the board would approve money for assistants then we wouldn't need volunteers. But as it is there are several vindictive board members that abuse their position as well as the sunshine law to promote their own agendas. Somebody with money for an attorney should file an action for violation of the Sunshine Law and have the cell phone records of William's five yes people subpoenaed and let them explain that "Board business was not discussed" during their many conversations. They all want to be re-elected because they care about the children. I have not seen one vote that was to the benefit of the children. You could count new school building projects, but they were only approved so that people would feel obliged to vote for them the next time the position was up for re-election.

Amen, the best that could happen would be removal of all the "yes" people that sided with Dean Williams. If the board would approve money for assistants then we wouldn't need volunteers. But as it is there are several vindictive board members that abuse their position as well as the sunshine law to promote their own agendas. Somebody with money for an attorney should file an action for violation of the Sunshine Law and have the cell phone records of William's five yes people subpoenaed and let them explain that "Board business was not discussed" during their many conversations. They all want to be re-elected because they care about the children. I have not seen one vote that was to the benefit of the children. You could count new school building projects, but they were only approved so that people would feel obliged to vote for them the next time the position was up for re-election.

So the yes people were Dean Williams, Sonya Lynn, Lisa Maclamore, and who else? Reagan Dalton and the black guy from Sweetwater voted NO. You will not believe how many people hate Sonya Lynn. I have no idea how that (you fill in the blank) got elected to office. She does nothing but make things worse. We really need term limits in this county.

Gentlemen, Gentlemen...

Let's change the direction for a moment; those that want to take pride in SQHS athletics, join me, just for a minute.

Go to TTUsports.com, womens soccer, 2008 roster, down towards the bottom, #21.

I know it's a football thread but give me this 45 seconds of pride and thankfulness and let me share it with all the SQHS faithful.

So the yes people were Dean Williams, Sonya Lynn, Lisa Maclamore, and who else? Reagan Dalton and the black guy from Sweetwater voted NO. You will not believe how many people hate Sonya Lynn. I have no idea how that (you fill in the blank) got elected to office. She does nothing but make things worse. We really need term limits in this county.

The ones who voted to remove these coaches. 2nd District Dean Williams, Doris Davis, Jean Allision. 3rd District Sonya Lynn, Lisa Maclamore. The Ones who voted not to remove- 3rd District Readan Dalton, 1st District Larry Stein, Dewitt Upton, Rusty Vineyard. I read in the paper were Doris Davis actually said she felt like they had made a mistake by removing these coaches but she was not going to change her vote because she just wanted the bickering to stop. How pathetic is that!

Gentlemen, Gentlemen...

Let's change the direction for a moment; those that want to take pride in SQHS athletics, join me, just for a minute.

I know it's a football thread but give me this 45 seconds of pride and thankfulness and let me share it with all the SQHS faithful.

WOO-HOO!!! I am so proud of Mary Gray. She's a special young lady - on and off the athletic field! Go ahead...bask in that prideful glow!!!

By the way...I'm looking forward to election day! All the best wishes and good luck to you!

The Truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gentlemen, Gentlemen...

Just need to add SunShine to HRH'S profie /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I heard that the Blowhard Dean Williams has something against Mr. Moser. Is that true? We need people on the school board that has a set on them, and is willing to take a stand on what is right. By the way folks, early voting starts on the 17th. The election commision has moved once again. They are in the big red roof building hehind the Courthouse. (I think it use to be a grocery store)

Gentlemen, Gentlemen...

Who else out of that SR.Class made rosters at the next level in any sport? I wonder

Any sport Football,Baseball,Soft-ball,m/w Soccer,M/W Basketball surley their 4 or 5 more

I just don't know. Some one who knows please put up a list and brag a little

Who,What School, What sport.

Had a first today.

For the first time since all this mess started something I did not know was

printed in the BUZZ and that is.

That Slobber's cyber-buddy V-is-4 is none other than school-board member

"I don't know what I voted for but lets keep it any way" Mrs.D.Davis's

son-in-law and those that remember the V remember his only fight was with Assit.Coaches.

Now that's some news I did not Know. But it helps a lot of things click together.

I heard that the Blowhard Dean Williams has something against Mr. Moser. Is that true? We need people on the school board that has a set on them, and is willing to take a stand on what is right. By the way folks, early voting starts on the 17th. The election commision has moved once again. They are in the big red roof building hehind the Courthouse. (I think it use to be a grocery store)

Yes in fact Dean Williams does have a problem with Mr. Moser. It is by know suprize that he would side with a handful of disgruntled parents on there kids being treated unfairly by a coach. He and Brenda both hate Mr Moser for they felt there son did not get enough playing time when Moser was the basketball coach. Now mind you the year this happened if my memory serves me correctly that basketball team won the district and had the district player of the year! Dean Williams had told people that the reason he ran for school board was to get Moser fired. So it is no wonder he would have such a sympathetic ear to just a handful and in turn hurt so many kids in so many of his decisions to "get " Moser. I can personally tell you that "EVERY" conversation I ever had with Dean(and there have been many) that it always came back to being Moser's fault.

Now I can also tell you that on the first vote they had on doing away with volunteer "daddy" coaches I was at the board meeting not even knowing that volunteer coaches was on the agenda. They had it listed as" Interscholastic sports" rather nice way to hide it don't you think, they can't even be upfront on what and how they put things on the agenda! Rusty Vineyard said that Dewitt Upton had requested the subject be tabled till the next meeting since he was on vacation. Dean Williams would have nothing of it he wanted it voted on now. So after less than 5 minutes of discussion with no clear reason other "than some problems" Dean got his wish and his sheep followed his lead and they passed the policy.

The next day I called Jeane Allison and Doris Davis both. They kindly returned my call. Jean returned my call first, I asked Jean what were some of the specific problems that they had had with parent coaches, she said " well I'll just tell you Dave it was about that meeting," I said what meeting Jean???? she said "that meeting you had when Summey was let go as head coach" I said Jean I was TOLD to be there, I had to cancel patients! she said "told by who" I said by the administration, she said "I did not know that" I said further more we were not in that] meeting 45 seconds [/b] when Summey asked Moser that he thought the meeting was going to be just between the two of them and Mr Moser immediately told us we were dismissed from the meeting! I asked Jean how she got her information she said "Dean Williams" I asked her "Jean did you talk to anyone on the other side of the issue?" "Did you ask Mr Moser?" she said no she had not!!!!!! Here is the real kicker I myself talked to Dean at least FOUR TIMES thats right FOUR times after Summey was remove as the Head coach and not one time NOT ONCE did he ask me or make any reference to a meeting or concern over volunteer parents! Now ask yourself do you think it wasn't a vendetta or personal in some way???

I had basically the same exact conversation with Doris Davis, in summary her responses were the same, she too got her information from Dean Williams.

And now it is policy. Sad for they kids that things can , have, and will continue to go on in Monroe county until responsible people are elected to our school board.