Who will be the top teams in Mid Tenn

OffTheRecord

I was there.... it was great.... i don't think that CPA was robbed like DaCatfish said but it was a great game... Dyer Co. was the better team last year... their in your face defense was impresive, as well as how they moved the ball down the floor... CPA got beat, but they played good, with a good coach, the first part of the game where they had to "adjust" really hurt them...after that it was neck n neck... CPA should be the team to beat this year...they will definetly be back to the boro... but I don't know who all memphis has got returning or if Fulton or AE from Knoxville will be loaded again this year... last years 2A was a great tournament... really all classes, best I think in a while....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there.... it was great.... i don't think that CPA was robbed like DaCatfish said but it was a great game... Dyer Co. was the better team last year... their in your face defense was impresive, as well as how they moved the ball down the floor... CPA got beat, but they played good, with a good coach, the first part of the game where they had to "adjust" really hurt them...after that it was neck n neck... CPA should be the team to beat this year...they will definetly be back to the boro... but I don't know who all memphis has got returning or if Fulton or AE from Knoxville will be loaded again this year... last years 2A was a great tournament... really all classes, best I think in a while....

It sounds even more like an outstanding game and thanks for the update. Being such an outstanding game is again why I was asking for anyone's help as far as a gamefilm or dvd or this game. Again thanks for your help and I look forward to reading more about CPA this coming year.

Will CPA be as good this year as they were last year???? And does anyone know if their is a dvd or gamefilm available of their quarterfinal game??? I know the finals and semis are available through the tenn. high school website, but not the quarterfinal games. I would love to see that game, as it sounds as if it was unbelievable. Thanks in advance.

My personal belief is that CPA will be better than they were last year. Many believe that CPA will miss the 2 seniors from last year's team more than some think, but I tend to disagree. This year's 3 seniors (Mason, Miller, Anderson) have been the 3 best players on the team since they were sophomores, and are truly the heart and sole of the team. Those guys are only gonna be better when this season roles around. I've heard (not official) that CPA is getting a freshman transfer that could be talented enough to compete for a starting job. Don't know any details other than that he is a 6'2'' freshman that plays AAU, but that could be an added bonus to an already stacked team. Will Chapman, who started occasionally as a freshman and regularly as a sophomore is returning this year after taking a year off of school to pursue music opportunities. Will is an excellent ball handler and 3-point shooter and should join his fellow seniors in the starting 5. Also, CPA's bench should be much deeper and stronger than last year with plenty of upperclassmen. Overall, the 08'-09' CPA team is LOADED and I would not want to play them.

As far as the game tape from the quarterfinal game goes, you are correct that quarterfinal games are not available through TSSAA, because they do not film it, they only film the State Championship games. For the quarterfinal games, only two cameras are allowed to film the game- one from each school in the designated area only. No one else is even ALLOWED to film it, especially other schools (TSSAA violation). So therefore, tapes of these games can be very hard to come by. I filmed the game for CPA, but I do not have a copy of it, it belongs to CPA. And as for Dyer Co., there was a parent couple filming for them, and I don't know about that copy, I would assume the Dyer Co. coaching staff has it. CPA made a copy of the game film I shot to send to the TSSAA for review on the clock errors, so those are the only copies I know of. Don't think it's available. I could possibly work on getting a copy... how much would it be worth to you /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ?

My personal belief is that CPA will be better than they were last year. Many believe that CPA will miss the 2 seniors from last year's team more than some think, but I tend to disagree. This year's 3 seniors (Mason, Miller, Anderson) have been the 3 best players on the team since they were sophomores, and are truly the heart and sole of the team. Those guys are only gonna be better when this season roles around. I've heard (not official) that CPA is getting a freshman transfer that could be talented enough to compete for a starting job. Don't know any details other than that he is a 6'2'' freshman that plays AAU, but that could be an added bonus to an already stacked team. Will Chapman, who started occasionally as a freshman and regularly as a sophomore is returning this year after taking a year off of school to pursue music opportunities. Will is an excellent ball handler and 3-point shooter and should join his fellow seniors in the starting 5. Also, CPA's bench should be much deeper and stronger than last year with plenty of upperclassmen. Overall, the 08'-09' CPA team is LOADED and I would not want to play them.

As far as the game tape from the quarterfinal game goes, you are correct that quarterfinal games are not available through TSSAA, because they do not film it, they only film the State Championship games. For the quarterfinal games, only two cameras are allowed to film the game- one from each school in the designated area only. No one else is even ALLOWED to film it, especially other schools (TSSAA violation). So therefore, tapes of these games can be very hard to come by. I filmed the game for CPA, but I do not have a copy of it, it belongs to CPA. And as for Dyer Co., there was a parent couple filming for them, and I don't know about that copy, I would assume the Dyer Co. coaching staff has it. CPA made a copy of the game film I shot to send to the TSSAA for review on the clock errors, so those are the only copies I know of. Don't think it's available. I could possibly work on getting a copy... how much would it be worth to you /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ?

Thanks for the rundown. I coach basketball in college and I am always looking for well played games by well-coached teams, and generally pay anywhere from $10 to $40 depending on whether it is a professional job (several cameras etc...) or a single camera. I would be willing to pay as much as $25 for this particular game, as good of a game as it sounds. Let me know what you can do if that is a price that would make it worth it to you, if not I certainly understand. Thanks for your help so far. I don't guess you would happen to know who won this camp that is the topic of this thread would you lol?

Thanks for the rundown. I coach basketball in college and I am always looking for well played games by well-coached teams, and generally pay anywhere from $10 to $40 depending on whether it is a professional job (several cameras etc...) or a single camera. I would be willing to pay as much as $25 for this particular game, as good of a game as it sounds. Let me know what you can do if that is a price that would make it worth it to you, if not I certainly understand. Thanks for your help so far. I don't guess you would happen to know who won this camp that is the topic of this thread would you lol?

I'll look into it and see what I can do and get back to you. Don't know about the camp.

I know Franklin has a very good team. At Gallatin, they beat LA by 6 without Dunn.

Franklin must be very very good as Moeller was nationally ranked last year and returns most of those guys, now I don't know how many of those were w/them at the camp, they could have been missing a few. Still Franklin looks to be tough this year.