REGION 4-5 PRE-SEASON RANKINGS

MOJO11

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haws anyone heard about a who the new DC at RIVERDALE is going to be...the rumor i heard fell through so that is not going to happen i was wondering if anyone had heard about the next candidate

Maybe we are not gonna play defense this year as 'supposedly' the WING-T is suppose to keep the other team off the field. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Somebody should have told Smyrna and WC that though!

Maybe we are not gonna play defense this year as 'supposedly' the WING-T is suppose to keep the other team off the field. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Somebody should have told Smyrna and WC that though!

just as the name implys LOST

just as the name implys LOST

Football is a very simple game. Your team scores points and the other team scores points. The MAIN object is to score MORE points than the other team does. During the last two years teams that R'dale already proved they could beat in the REGULAR season by some miracle scored MORE points than they did in the PLAYOFFS.

R'dale has ALWAYS been know for its defense and the 2004 team proved that with their 8 shutouts that season. Since we have gone to the Wing-T the emphasis seems to have been placed on the low scoring offense and NOT defense. Thusly we have been beaten when we should NOT have been. Even the loss to McCallie was lack of defense related. While Coach A does know the wing-t, he does need a good DC despertely!

Yes I am 'Lost' alot, but I do know what LOSING looks like. Thus my prediction that R'dale will go 5-5 this season.

Football is a very simple game. Your team scores points and the other team scores points. The MAIN object is to score MORE points than the other team does. During the last two years teams that R'dale already proved they could beat in the REGULAR season by some miracle scored MORE points than they did in the PLAYOFFS.

R'dale has ALWAYS been know for its defense and the 2004 team proved that with their 8 shutouts that season. Since we have gone to the Wing-T the emphasis seems to have been placed on the low scoring offense and NOT defense. Thusly we have been beaten when we should NOT have been. Even the loss to McCallie was lack of defense related. While Coach A does know the wing-t, he does need a good DC despertely!

Yes I am 'Lost' alot, but I do know what LOSING looks like. Thus my prediction that R'dale will go 5-5 this season.

i would have to agree with you LOD...with your prediction...maybe 6-4

but...coach A's teams will be very prepared...will come after you every play...well coached...etc...the only difference this year is they won't have the caliber of players overall that they have historically had and therefore the 5-5 record...coach "A" may do his best job of coaching this year and still not get the 9 or 10 win season...things do go round and round and for the next year or two...the best talent will be elsewhere in the region instead of riverdale...

Lets sing along................"The wheels on the bus go round and round...............round and round............round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round..............all over A...Lott.

We all know how you feel /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

1.) You yearn for Gary

2.) You hate the wing-t

They have not lost a regular season region game since the present coach has been there..................who will be the first to do it? Tell us old prognosticator of losing................5-5 hmm!

Now see there you go you think you know some one LOD is NOT a Rankin fan he disliked rankin when he was here and did not hide it...so you have number 2 correct but number 1 was incorrect

I disagree about our talent level to an EXTENT!!!! no we do not have 5 lineman signing D1 scholarships but then again we never had so having said that there is enough talent to keep up our tradition

PATTON I DISAGREE WITH YOU we do have the talent and while coach A is a good coach he has a LOT of work to do from what i saw in the spring game please go read that thread for those thoughts by people other than me that saw it...all things I saw are correctable but there is a lot of correcting to do

Now see there you go you think you know some one LOD is NOT a Rankin fan he disliked rankin when he was here and did not hide it...so you have number 2 correct but number 1 was incorrect

I disagree about our talent level to an EXTENT!!!! no we do not have 5 lineman signing D1 scholarships but then again we never had so having said that there is enough talent to keep up our tradition

PATTON I DISAGREE WITH YOU we do have the talent and while coach A is a good coach he has a LOT of work to do from what i saw in the spring game please go read that thread for those thoughts by people other than me that saw it...all things I saw are correctable but there is a lot of correcting to do

no problem with dis-agreeing...even in ALL CAPS... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

the reason coach A has alot of work to do is because he does not have the talent he has had the first two years...nor the experience...again...not individuals...but overall team talent...i know the spring did not look pretty...the reason is not as much talent or experience as usual at the dale...Coach A knows it...the other coaches know it...the coaches that left know it...riverdale fans know it...and others who know football in the county know it...so jump on the "know it train"... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> (i'm just trying to be funny with that last line)

but let me say again...you can't count riverdale out even if they are down on their talent and experience...one common denominator is coach A...this guy can flat out coach and run a program...you are lucky to have him...and a top class individual as well...cares for the kids...even the ones who do not play...is gracious in his wins and in his defeats...so the point is he will squeeze every ounce out of every bit of talent he has...and may SHOCK some folks this year...BUT...probably not

i am not a riverdale hater...like them alot...but i am also pretty objective...not blinded by past state dominance...so i honestly hope you go 9-1...with the only loss to blackman...so good luck and we'll see in about 8 to 10 weeks what shakes out...but if things go sour...don't blame the coach...it ain't his fault this year

no problem with dis-agreeing...even in ALL CAPS... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

the reason coach A has alot of work to do is because he does not have the talent he has had the first two years...nor the experience...again...not individuals...but overall team talent...i know the spring did not look pretty...the reason is not as much talent or experience as usual at the dale...Coach A knows it...the other coaches know it...the coaches that left know it...riverdale fans know it...and others who know football in the county know it...so jump on the "know it train"... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> (i'm just trying to be funny with that last line)

but let me say again...you can't count riverdale out even if they are down on their talent and experience...one common denominator is coach A...this guy can flat out coach and run a program...you are lucky to have him...and a top class individual as well...cares for the kids...even the ones who do not play...is gracious in his wins and in his defeats...so the point is he will squeeze every ounce out of every bit of talent he has...and may SHOCK some folks this year...BUT...probably not

i am not a riverdale hater...like them alot...but i am also pretty objective...not blinded by past state dominance...so i honestly hope you go 9-1...with the only loss to blackman...so good luck and we'll see in about 8 to 10 weeks what shakes out...but if things go sour...don't blame the coach...it ain't his fault this year

well smyrna got their first win 2 years ago wilson central got their first win last year is it blackmans turn? we shall see

part of our inexperince is due to not getting the leads we should have gotten last year to let the younger guys play that is one of the disadvantages of the offense it keeps it close so you have games that should not be close is close so the starters have to stay in longer

Sometimes i dont put on here what i know or my full opinions because i do love the kids and RIVERDALE so take that for what its worth

well smyrna got their first win 2 years ago wilson central got their first win last year is it blackmans turn? we shall see

part of our inexperince is due to not getting the leads we should have gotten last year to let the younger guys play that is one of the disadvantages of the offense it keeps it close so you have games that should not be close is close so the starters have to stay in longer

Sometimes i dont put on here what i know or my full opinions because i do love the kids and RIVERDALE so take that for what its worth

you are a great fan "riverdaleman"...

heck...at blackman we have had some great kids the last three years...but not alot of talent (or not enough talent...or not enough experienced talent...we had some talent last year...but the majority of it was young) and experience...but we sure did love and appreciate them for showing up to work everyday

blackman SHOULD be good this year...there is no reason under the sun why they should not have a really, really good year with lots of wins and a playoff bid...at least...if we don't...something is wrong for sure...but i will never say they will beat riverdale or anyone else until it happens because of their past three year track record...i and others are FINALLY a little excited because of the possibilities and the kids seem to have a pop in their step and a swagger that i have not seen before...but as you know...only the play on friday nights is what counts...so we will see

you guys have a great tradition which breeds confidence...the weight room looks incredible with all the new stuff (i saw it last week) ...and you do have a fine coach who i am personally very impressed with...several personal conversations with him have convinced me of this...but the freshmen teams the last three years and what is coming your way from the middle schools has put you where you are now...but i think it is only temporary because of everything else you have in place...and you are right...you did not get chances to get your young guns in the games last year like in years past