Prattville v BA

Chattcity

BA and Prattville on the tube on September 26. The article in the Prattville paper builds BA to be a monster. RRR, I know Prattville has had a successful program but what's your insight on this game?

Interesting how the paper mucked up the BA classification, particularly this week. I'm sure Prattville will continue to be tough, even with a new coach, but BA should have the team to compete quite well.

Not to steal BA's thunder, but since it hasn't been mentioned yet (I don't think), MBA-Moeller will be televsied on the NFL Network.

Granted, ESPNU and the NFL Network aren't staples in a lot houses, but it's nice to see two Tennessee programs play in games deemed meaningful enough for national exposure.

Interesting how the paper mucked up the BA classification, particularly this week. I'm sure Prattville will continue to be tough, even with a new coach, but BA should have the team to compete quite well.

Not to steal BA's thunder, but since it hasn't been mentioned yet (I don't think), MBA-Moeller will be televsied on the NFL Network.

Granted, ESPU and the NFL Network aren't staples in a lot houses, but it's nice to see two Tennessee programs play in games deemed meaningful enough for national exposure.

Got both netwroks and have ordered a crate of popcorn.

This game fits with one of the rumors flying around Chattanoga when Ralph Potter left McCallie to head west to BA. Some suspected that Coach P was looking for opportunities to take a high school program to a higher level (more out of state competition, TV, etc) than McCallie was necessarily interested in pursuing and clearly BA has that interest. I have some questions as to the validity of that speculation but there may be some truth to it.

Good luck to BA and MBA in those televised games.

This game fits with one of the rumors flying around Chattanoga when Ralph Potter left McCallie to head west to BA. Some suspected that Coach P was looking for opportunities to take a high school program to a higher level (more out of state competition, TV, etc) than McCallie was necessarily interested in pursuing and clearly BA has that interest. I have some questions as to the validity of that speculation but there may be some truth to it.

Good luck to BA and MBA in those televised games.

I have heard Coach Potter speak several times on the reasons he came to BA. Coach is a very strong Christian and he feels like God called him to the school. His relationship with BA dates back to 1991 when he interviewed for the Head Coaching position at BA for the first time. At that time, Coach Flatt was considering stepping down, but obviously decided to stay put. He and Coach Flatt have remained close over the years...also, Coach Potter's wife teaches at BA too, and it was important to their family that not only could they coach/teach together, but their children could attend the same school.

He struggled with the decision, but apparently seems very happy, and we are happy to have him! Also, Coach Potter's wife has an uncle who was Asst. Headmaster at BA for many years, so their connections to the school are much more extensive than I realized. It is understandable why folks in Chattanooga would question this move after the Potter legacy at McCallie, but I thought sharing this information would shed some additional light on his move.

As far as his desire to take the program to another level, I for one am all for that!

Granted, ESPNU and the NFL Network aren't staples in a lot houses, but it's nice to see two Tennessee programs play in games deemed meaningful enough for national exposure.

RRR,

Prattville will be a tall order for BA, but I think BA will do Tennessee proud. BA, and MBA, have both done Tennessee proud by stepping up to the plate and playing tough out-of-state teams over the years. I know that the BA/Prattville game is going to be televised, but my question to you is if you know if the Prattville/St. Xavier,OH game is going to be televised, as well? I would like to see Prattville play before I watch the BA/Prattville game.

If I'm not mistaken the Prattville/St. X game is right after the MBA/Moeller game.

Just a little background on Prattville: Prattville is a fast growing suburb just north of Montgomery, AL.

The Lions are the defending 6A Alabama State Champions going 16-0, and are loaded on defense for the coming season.

They defeated Hoover in 2006 to also win the 6A Championship

They finished last year as the #2 in the nation in the USA Today High School Poll.

Supposedly their last regular season loss was in 2002.

Routinely, they have a number of players signed to play D1 football each year. A number of their players have gone to Bama (surprise?). Vandy signed their QB, who was the 2006 Mr. Football in the state.

They will be featuring a new head coach, as their previous coach Bill Clark, left to take a job with the University of South Alabama in Mobile.