PICKS FOR REGION 6 AA

BadKitty63

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) Hickman Co.: the talent is there still to make another run with the "old 4A team" before East Hickman's being built begins to take it's toll.

2.) Lewis Co.: as long as Bobby Sharp is the HC of the football program they'll always be a contender.

3.) Harpeth: the Indians return basically the same team that just missed the playoffs last year and they're hungry.

4.) Fairview: the Yellow Jackets are a model of consistency and should get to the playoffs as a "wild card" this posteason.

5.) East Hickman: Coach Jones will have them improved in year two but they are still a year away from the playoffs.

6.) Richland: the other school in Giles County always has talent but the question is whether or not they have the experience to get back to the playoffs.

7.) Loretto: this has been the worst program in all of 2A over the last two years and it may be a third straight season in '08.

What did Hickman County lose from last year besides the staff. Last year they were salty and mean and not to mention well coached and talented. I was hoping they would be down some this year because they drilled us last year. Maybe you can help me out Catfish. Plus will Harpeth be that much better? Do you believe this? Just because most of a bad team is back doesn't mean they are gonna be good.

What did Hickman County lose from last year besides the staff. Last year they were salty and mean and not to mention well coached and talented. I was hoping they would be down some this year because they drilled us last year. Maybe you can help me out Catfish. Plus will Harpeth be that much better? Do you believe this? Just because most of a bad team is back doesn't mean they are gonna be good.

Hickman has gone from a "Wing-T" package on offense under Swenson to a spread zone option offense familiar to what Sycamore has run for years. THAT IS THE WORD THAT I HAVE BEEN GIVEN!!!! I heard that they looked really good in their spring game with Spring Hill. They scored on both their first and third offensive plays in the scrimmage. It's a spring scrimmage I know but I also hear that they return both of the speedy slot backs that were on the field for them last season. That's not bad when you combine those guys with an athletic QB who can run and throw it a little bit.

Harpeth lost very close games last year to both Fairview & Richland. I look for the Indians to turn those into wins this year and that will get them a #3 in the district and lead to a playoff berth. Outside of Hickman & Lewis one would have to admit that the rest of the pack just doesn't look imposing heading into the '08 campaign.

I think Harpeth will have another tough season. They have a new option running offense this year. I dont understand why they would change, they have a great wide out and quarterback. Who is going to be doing the running for them?

I believe it will be the Hayes kid. I think his name is Raymond Hayes but don't quote me on that for certain. You are 100% right about Horkins. He is a terrific athlete and Harpeth has to find ways to get the football in his hands as much as possible if they want to return to the postseason (AND THIS YEAR IT WILL BE EXPECTED OF THEM).

Hickman has gone from a "Wing-T" package on offense under Swenson to a spread zone option offense familiar to what Sycamore has run for years. THAT IS THE WORD THAT I HAVE BEEN GIVEN!!!! I heard that they looked really good in their spring game with Spring Hill. They scored on both their first and third offensive plays in the scrimmage. It's a spring scrimmage I know but I also hear that they return both of the speedy slot backs that were on the field for them last season. That's not bad when you combine those guys with an athletic QB who can run and throw it a little bit.

Harpeth lost very close games last year to both Fairview & Richland. I look for the Indians to turn those into wins this year and that will get them a #3 in the district and lead to a playoff berth. Outside of Hickman & Lewis one would have to admit that the rest of the pack just doesn't look imposing heading into the '08 campaign.

The key to Hickman being successful is to me not what kind of offense they run but if they can keep that grit and straight out meanness I saw against lewic co. last year in the playoffs. I personally think they will be deadly in that offense but from my seat it was aggressiveness and preciseness on both sides of the ball that left an impression on me. They were not physically large but played like animals. I'm saying they stay hungry and go deep.

• 3 weeks later...

1.) Hickman Co.: the talent is there still to make another run with the "old 4A team" before East Hickman's being built begins to take it's toll.

2.) Lewis Co.: as long as Bobby Sharp is the HC of the football program they'll always be a contender.

3.) Harpeth: the Indians return basically the same team that just missed the playoffs last year and they're hungry.

4.) Fairview: the Yellow Jackets are a model of consistency and should get to the playoffs as a "wild card" this posteason.

5.) East Hickman: Coach Jones will have them improved in year two but they are still a year away from the playoffs.

6.) Richland: the other school in Giles County always has talent but the question is whether or not they have the experience to get back to the playoffs.

7.) Loretto: this has been the worst program in all of 2A over the last two years and it may be a third straight season in '08.

I still can't figure out why everyone seems the think LC will have some major drop-off.This all seems like a RE-RUN that I've watched like 20 times.Every year,everyone is saying,"Well their down in speed ,their down in size,their down in talent."But every year the coachesrealize what they have and make the adjustments to make the best out of what they have and kick some tail one the field,especially the past three years.So what's the deal guys??No faith in the Panther's coaching staff??? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> just curious.

So Hayes is going to be doing all the running. From wat i saw last year he didnt do ne thing. That #46 carried the load on the ground for them. But if Harpeth wants to do ne thing in there region they have to get the ball to Horkins. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

Are you Horkins agent or something because you love to toot his horn on here???? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LewisCoPanthers I have all of the faith in the world in Sharp & Co. They have been very strong for several years. They'll be a playoff team and may win a couple of games in the playoffs. That being stated however I just believe Hickman Co. will be better this year. No knock there on the LCHS program though /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

So Hayes is going to be doing all the running. From wat i saw last year he didnt do ne thing. That #46 carried the load on the ground for them. But if Harpeth wants to do ne thing in there region they have to get the ball to Horkins. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

I believe Harpeth will still be balanced. Perry Horkins is going to get his yards and running back might be by committee with the graduation of Patrick Clark. They could have a big physical package and a speed package. Also they have 2 tight ends in Kendrick Jones and David Stapleton that can catch the ball or run block. Harpeth will be improved no matter how you look at it. They'll have 3 nice classes in a row from the middle school that had a lot of success the past 3 years against a lot of the same competition they'll be seeing in high school. The Indians graduated one starter on the O-line plus a tight end and Clark at running back. They've lost a couple of others due to injuries. Everybody else returns.

Harpeth looked good in 7 on 7's against Creekwood and Spring Hill, winning both as far as I could tell. There wouldn't be a need to put an option running offense in 7 on 7 scrimmages if they weren't going to throw it around the yard some.