South Rebels--Starter Predictions-Anyone?

Guest footballfan100

compusman,

thanks for the reply.....i have coached at all levels of school ball (one year of middle and several of high school) and seen firsthand how some "close friends of players" have put undue pressure on some kids and made what should have been their best times and years, a pain in the butt because of parents and friends. Let the boys and their abilities speak for themselves. What child wants their parents to "get" them playing time? If a boy has the ability to play, the other teammates will know it and if the have earned it, then they will be respected for it! If the Cassell boy is a transfer as I have gathered, he had pressure from the first day of practice. So everybody leave him alone and let him play----goodness gracious! I am sure that he would want to earn his time instead of it being given to him. I have heard good things of him as well as all of the south team so uplift them all instead of creating grudges between them about who should play first----they all will play!!!!!!

You fans should pull for them all to do good. Keep up the positive posts compusman, you say good things!

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

compusman,

thanks for the reply.....i have coached at all levels of school ball (one year of middle and several of high school) and seen firsthand how some "close friends of players" have put undue pressure on some kids and made what should have been their best times and years, a pain in the butt because of parents and friends. Let the boys and their abilities speak for themselves. What child wants their parents to "get" them playing time? If a boy has the ability to play, the other teammates will know it and if the have earned it, then they will be respected for it! If the Cassell boy is a transfer as I have gathered, he had pressure from the first day of practice. So everybody leave him alone and let him play----goodness gracious! I am sure that he would want to earn his time instead of it being given to him. I have heard good things of him as well as all of the south team so uplift them all instead of creating grudges between them about who should play first----they all will play!!!!!!

You fans should pull for them all to do good. Keep up the positive posts compusman, you say good things!

Thanks, FBF100, I hope your comments are taken seriously, as I have, in the past and am presently, often befuddlled (sp?) at some of the comments made by posters on the Rebel board. I too believe that comments, even on the board, can do harm to the young boys' psychie (sp?). Many are them are trying hard (or they wouldn't be there) and let's let them and their abilities earn them a place in the green. Your claimed experience has taught you well and I dare say that many of these posters have never coached youth --so I hope your recommendations are headed. "100 good words of encouragement can be killed by 1 word of discouragement".

Comp,you must have forgot the name Cassell he may not start but I would be willing to bet he will play more than any Soph on the team.Some of the players that I've talked with say that he should be starting over Bobby,,so Stacy says he's going to put the best on the field regardless of what the parents say so guess we will see if Stacy backs his talk,with that being said St. Clair has looked great at the 7/7 drills.Heath has a long ways to go.And for Bradley he has looked great hooking up with K.K. what a football team I believe it can be better than last years team if they will play as a team and not play I ball. GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Regarding the discussion on Cassell---I saw him play as a Freshman and he was a man among boys. Take Bobby's field time at RB?? Well, that might be a possibility, but that will depend on who shows they want it in the first 3 weeks of pre-season (and 2-a-days). Any time on the sideline, for anyone, feeling tired/sick and feeling sorry for himself will define his destiny. Bobby showed alot of quickness and heart on the Kickoff Team last season. Cassell will need to "show his stuff". Cassell being a sophomore??? Makes no difference, in my opinion---it'll go to the one who performs --and even a little weighted to the one who is deemed the "FUTURE" for 2010.

Whatever happens, both boys have a place on this team. Is RB the only position that is important? They both can contribute and that's what's important. Good luck for both in finding a position that they excel in.

7 on 7----QB debate----Both St.Clair and Haden have a ways to go.

BD and KK??? Looking for KK too much---will have to spread it around.

Waterson looks good on both sides of the ball.

Can't wait to see the linebackers in pads (T.J., Clint, Ty and Taylor F.)---sort of lost in 7 on 7, can't hit the backs releasing over the middle---but should awesome.

Can't wait to see who's on the O and D line.---Beetle and Company.

Great post...point well taken. As for Rebelred, he is very a zealous individual and speaks well of the whole team...not just part of it. He has no negative attitude whatsoever toward me or any one else. He does not downplay anyone elses ability in order to uplift someone elses. He merely is promoting the player closest to his heart. Nothing wrong with that.

COMP, I do like to lift up the whole team..and I think this is the most talented bunch that South has ever put on the field.By the way Comp this is not Jordan...he would never brag on his self...but this is someone very,very close to Jordan.When I talk to Jordan he's always bragging on Taylor,Bobby.But he really looks up to Fletcher.F.F.100 as far as I know me and Comp dont hate each other we just like to talk football.I will be the first to apologize if I have upset anyone.I do agree we need to support the South football program together.GO REBELS!!!

COMP, I do like to lift up the whole team..and I think this is the most talented bunch that South has ever put on the field.By the way Comp this is not Jordan...he would never brag on his self...but this is someone very,very close to Jordan.When I talk to Jordan he's always bragging on Taylor,Bobby.But he really looks up to Fletcher.F.F.100 as far as I know me and Comp dont hate each other we just like to talk football.I will be the first to apologize if I have upset anyone.I do agree we need to support the South football program together.GO REBELS!!!

Well we got 2 weeks. I can't wait to see Jordan show us what he's made of. I feel a little better about it every day. The good thing is that all 4 of our RB's bring something unique to the table. It's good having diversity. Some one bring us up to speed on the line.

Well we got 2 weeks. I can't wait to see Jordan show us what he's made of. I feel a little better about it every day. The good thing is that all 4 of our RB's bring something unique to the table. It's good having diversity. Some one bring us up to speed on the line.

Comp, do you know what teams are coming to the Tuesday 7/7 and what time they'll get started?

Rebelred, out of respect for a fellow Rebel I'm trying to be gracious. But I can't help but think that you are in fact Jordan Cassell. You are a bit too concerned for someone who is a close friend of the parents of the young man. That said, Stacy would never do anything of the such. To even allude that it is possible is childish. You have misinterpreted most everything I have said. I won't re-explain it...you may want to re-read it over again. There is some meaning between the lines. As far as the scrimmage is concerned...we have concluded that Bobbeye is a bit slow and I gritted my teeth when he was caught from behind. However, he plays with heart and that is everything. It overcomes many obsticles. I think Jordan will be fine and will get on the field. And who knows he may very well step up and write a little history of his own. More power to him. But you have built him up to stratospheric heights that will be difficult to live up to...unless of course his ability is of the magnatude you allude to. And so you have put all eyes on the young man. I hope he has a good year.

Comp, not sure it is wise to out folks on this board. Your call.

In the interest of full disclosure, I will admit to being partial to the Vikings. But, with apologies to Cap and Waco, the Rebels are the most interesting and compelling story in HS football in this corner of the state over the past four years. South resurges, THS slides, and D-B gets turf. No contest in terms of overall excitement and interest week after week (and in the off season). It's interesting that the DB thread is pretty much shut down without Rebel input. Maybe I'll go over there and present the notion that Roop is the better QB than Crawford and see what kind of a hornets nest I can stir up.

I love the South threads!

The reason DB is quiet is that they have nothing to talk about. Automatic winner or second in RI-5A with an early playoff exit. Who cares? Not even a QB controversy. The only topic of interest is if the Sensabaugh kid will win the Heisman. I personally think he will next year - DB will win a state title in 5A football in '09 because they finally may have a bad weather back. Does the rest of the talent equation match up? Topic for another thread.