vandy 7 on 7

timbdp

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it--7on7 is not real football, so I would not go around and necessarily say that DL can play with the big boys like BA,MBA, and Hillsboro. The lines are just better and all these teams are bigger than DL. Also the head coach at DL doesn't like competition so he never will schedule a game vs these three teams.

Thanks, but that should go without saying. I was just impressed by David Lipscomb's skill guys, ESPECIALLY Zach Rogers. Oh, DL's skill guys CAN play with MBA's, HHS's and BA's. They just proved they could yesterday.

Granted, I agree that HHS, MBA, and BA would likely beat DL in the regular season, but you gotta give DL credit for what they earned. I wasn't implying that DL necessarily had a better overall team. They won a very competitive 7 on 7 tournament by outplaying the other teams. They earned a bid to play in Hoover's national tournament. It is what it is; no more, no less. Every coach that was there including DL's and HHS's (the last two winners) will tell you that.

Let's face it--7on7 is not real football, so I would not go around and necessarily say that DL can play with the big boys like BA,MBA, and Hillsboro. The lines are just better and all these teams are bigger than DL. Also the head coach at DL doesn't like competition so he never will schedule a game vs these three teams.

You are a private hater. That is perfectly fine by me. I have no dog in that fight whatsoever. Your opinion of that is fine and you are entitled to your opinion.

With that having been stated though the fact that you say DL couldn't play with MBA, Brentwood Academy, and Hillsboro and also basically calling Coach Mac out by portraying him as a guy who hides from competition is something that I portray of you speaking with your thoughts and feelings instead of with your brain.

David Lipscomb has played and beaten Goodpasture, Pearl Cohn, Fulton, Dyerbsurg, Covington, Greenbrier, Tyner, Alcoa, White House, BGA, DCA, and a ton of other very fine football programs in the past years of football under Coach Mac & Co. They don't have to run and hide from anyone.

I give Coach Mac & Co. all the props in the world because before those guys took over the fact is that the football program at David Lipscomb was just not very good. I wish DL all the luck in the world this upcoming season (except for Week 4 of course) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to the Mustangs! You beat some quality opponents and deserve the credit.

Reading the write-ups it sounds like Evan Webb was a standout on the offensive side of the ball! We knew he was great on defense, but offense too? We know about the recruiting attention that Rogers is getting (and he deserves it), but are Webb and Saggio getting heavily recruited too? They are both great, playmaking linebackers that have good height and good speed, so schools should be interested.

Congrats to the Mustangs! You beat some quality opponents and deserve the credit.

Reading the write-ups it sounds like Evan Webb was a standout on the offensive side of the ball! We knew he was great on defense, but offense too? We know about the recruiting attention that Rogers is getting (and he deserves it), but are Webb and Saggio getting heavily recruited too? They are both great, playmaking linebackers that have good height and good speed, so schools should be interested.

Webb is a D1-A prospect in my mind, and didn't really need the 7-on-7 to tell me that [he did have a good one though]. Maybe not the SEC, but Big East, CUSA, Sun Belt, I think definitely so. Be it linebacker or fullback.

I wonder who the quarterback was?

Caleb Simpson. A solid player and very good basketball player. I'm not a private hater in fact I always root for Lipscomb in their sports and division for football, basketball, and baseball. I am a realist. This class at Lipscomb is one of the most athletic classes DL has had not even counting Zach Rogers who did not play offense hardly at all in the last 7 on 7 game.

Caleb Simpson. A solid player and very good basketball player. I'm not a private hater in fact I always root for Lipscomb in their sports and division for football, basketball, and baseball. I am a realist. This class at Lipscomb is one of the most athletic classes DL has had not even counting Zach Rogers who did not play offense hardly at all in the last 7 on 7 game.

Who was the QB for Indepedence?

BINGO, thank you for those very good words of wisdom... ITS 7 on 7, anyone can flare two backs and throw little five yard outs until they get a first down. I certainly hope someone doesnt think DL could play with those schools

Hillsboro wishes they would it would be a great gate.

It sure would! So many of the HHS & DL kids know each other, hang out together etc. Not a lot of gas and expenses for travel either!

I know the Burros are excited about hosting MBA this year. Hopefully the trend of the Nashville area public/privates playing each other will continue.