Another Chattanooga area coach resigns

catsbackr

I saw some of the schools on the magnet list, I don't know why Howard and Brainerd were on it as I've never heard of them as having a specialized curriculum. It almost seems like they slapped a magnet label on two schools that have not been doing the best. I think Tyner used to have about 1,000, they formerly played in the largest class in football and basketball and now it's at about 500. Chattanooga Central has dropped recently too, the projections for the new districts have them in AA in basketball. I would say shifting some from Ooltewah to those two schools would have helped the Ooltewah overcrowding but that might be how it's drawn up anyway and students just cross zones. I don't think they'll ever solve their overcrowding if they allow half-full schools.

On the north side of the county, I used to think a Middle Valley High School would be a benefit but if Hixson and Red Bank regain some of their students I don't think it would be needed. I wonder how many of Red Bank's students come from other parts of the county besides Red Bank and Signal Mountain.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not very many. Red Bank is looking at having roughly 800 students in the next 2-3 years. This fall they will have approx. 900. They will definately be in AA beginning 2009 for all sports except football. I think they will choose to be in what is now AAAA for football play-offs (if you can understand this new system, I still am not sure of everything the tssaa is doing).

As for SD baseball job, it WILL be Hensley or Mulder. Both, are class acts, and know the game very well. I would give the edge to Hensley because he played for Coach Garland, and was an assistant for him for 3 or 4 seasons before going to Red Bank for the past 3 seasons.

However, why would a TSSAA umpire, say on a message board he could not stand Hensley. Especially when he will have to umpire games SD is in if(when) Hensley is the head coach. I think if I am Hensley, after I get the job, I would call a certain official assigner and have someone blackballed from umping ANY of SD baseball games. That comment was completely BUSH. WOW!! Although you may not like someone, there is no need to get on here and tell everyone you hope a guy does not get a job because you can't stand him.

Mr. Chase,

i hope you understand that you are a nobody in the chattanooga "baseball" area. obviously you want to be somebody because you continue to get on coach t and post comments. what kind of man your age does that?? do you not have a life? i guess not. well i hope you live your dreams of baseball through being a below average umpire. take care big guy

not very many. Red Bank is looking at having roughly 800 students in the next 2-3 years. This fall they will have approx. 900. They will definately be in AA beginning 2009 for all sports except football. I think they will choose to be in what is now AAAA for football play-offs (if you can understand this new system, I still am not sure of everything the tssaa is doing).

Wow, I had no idea they'd dropped that much. Naturally they'll lose some to Signal Mountain but I figured they'd get some back as the zone's upper limit moved north. Since this is a baseball board I'll add I'd think they would be put in the district with Bledsoe, Grundy, Sequatchie, Signal Mountain and Chattanooga Christian, in that sport, softball and basketball. That's three valley schools and two of the eastern-most in the county, and it's only got 5 proposed teams. That grouping is the suggested District 7, District 6 with the other Chattanooga teams has eight already with the new East Brainerd school also a possibility. I don't think baseball would be too different in most of the years in the two districts, I'd expect Signal Mountain will be a good program pretty quickly. Boys' basketball would be tougher in 6, girls' in 7.

Projected districts, split for the playoffs in football into 3A and 4A:

District 6: 3A — Boyd-Buchanan, Howard, Tyner; 4A — Brainerd, Chatt. Central, East Ridge, Hixson, Notre Dame

District 7: 3A — Bledsoe Co., Chatt. Chr., Grundy Co., Sequatchie Co., Signal Mountain; 4A — No teams

I hope you're wrong.

I don't know Mulder, but I can't stand Hensley.

MVM, it sounds like Tyner needs to be rebuilt or something or at least updated. If memory serves me, Tyner can accomodate about twice the students it currently has. And Indian is right, the new East Hamilton HS would not be large enough and I don't think students close to the VW plant near Ooltewah would be zoned there anyway.

All in all, it's probably a good problem to have, I guess.

Like the other poster said, I can't believe that a TSSAA ump would talk about how he can't stand a certain coach. Well catsbackr, does that mean that you do such a terrible job on the field and behind the plate because you don't like one of the coaches of the game you are calling. That could be one reason but the biggest is that you are just that bad at what you do. Sorry if the truth hurts, just ask around. I haven't ever heard anyone talk about a good job that you have done in the field or behind the plate.

Like the other poster said, I can't believe that a TSSAA ump would talk about how he can't stand a certain coach. Well catsbackr, does that mean that you do such a terrible job on the field and behind the plate because you don't like one of the coaches of the game you are calling. That could be one reason but the biggest is that you are just that bad at what you do. Sorry if the truth hurts, just ask around. I haven't ever heard anyone talk about a good job that you have done in the field or behind the plate.

Hey catsbacker,

Saw on another post where you said that you didn't like the coach who took the Ooltewah job either. Why do you umpire anyway if you don't like coaches. You just there for the money you make whether you do the job or not. If pay was based on the job done you would more than likely would have to pay the schools back.

OK, I'll try and take these one at a time.

Mr. Chase,

i hope you understand that you are a nobody in the chattanooga "baseball" area. obviously you want to be somebody because you continue to get on coach t and post comments. what kind of man your age does that?? do you not have a life? i guess not. well i hope you live your dreams of baseball through being a below average umpire. take care big guy

Yes, I do understand that I am a nobody in the Chattanooga baseball area. Nah, not really interested in being anybody in particular. Just kind of your average old man, I guess. Nope, no life. And, yes I do continue to strive for average.

Why not? Am I not allowed to offer an opinion about a coach? As an assistant coach, I found him to be a jerk. And as far as my perfomance goes, I guess I'll just say Coach Pharr thought I did okay during his Sectional game this year at Farragut. I think I'll just go on what my assigner believes.

Hey catsbacker,

Saw on another post where you said that you didn't like the coach who took the Ooltewah job either. Why do you umpire anyway if you don't like coaches. You just there for the money you make whether you do the job or not. If pay was based on the job done you would more than likely would have to pay the schools back.

Nope, not crazy about him either. Umpiring has nothing to do with liking the coaches or not anyway. And if you think anyone umpires or officiates for the money, you're insane.

But take heart, umpiring has lost much of its allure to me anyway. It's becoming way too expensive with the price of gas, time away from your regular job, etc. to make it make sense anymore. LOL, and how hard would it be to replace someone as bad as me anyway.

Although I agree that an umpire is entitled to having an opinion, isn't it his duty to promote professionalism and sportsmanship? Is it possible to get a game called fairly when an umpire has stated his dislike for a coach? And/or possibly if he likes another coach? Also, what does the handle, "Catsbcker" refer to? Is that the Hixson Wildcats? Does this umpire work Hixson games? Is that a conflict of interest? Has anyone ever heard of Tim Donaghy?

But ... I thought this thread was about Soddy-Daisy Baseball, their former coach, and new coaching candidates. So, let's get back to that topic. Is Soddy-Daisy a good job? What kind of job did the former coach do? What is expected of the incoming coach?