sequoyah lets talk football

vonore65

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

redwhite, you had a good idea moving SS to fullback and JW to tailback, would definitely be a powerful backfield, but I can also see dumdum's point. It could take away from what is already a powerful line. Anybody have any suggestions as to who could fill Sterlings spot if that move was made? Don't really know a lot of the kids so I am just looking for input. Black & Gold, how about your boy? It would be hard to replace Sterling on the line just because of his athleticism, but I'm sure there could be somebody that could do it. Any more news on assistants? How about the Central transfers? There has been a lot of passion on all the Sequoyah threads and that can be a good thing. We need (and I think it is heading that way), to direct all that passion solely toward this team and its progress. Going back to the mountains for awhile. Leaving after this post. See everyone in about a week or week and a half. Everyone have a great week and GO CHIEFS!!!!

Kevin Kiser

redwhite, you had a good idea moving SS to fullback and JW to tailback, would definitely be a powerful backfield, but I can also see dumdum's point. It could take away from what is already a powerful line. Anybody have any suggestions as to who could fill Sterlings spot if that move was made? Don't really know a lot of the kids so I am just looking for input. Black & Gold, how about your boy? It would be hard to replace Sterling on the line just because of his athleticism, but I'm sure there could be somebody that could do it. Any more news on assistants? How about the Central transfers? There has been a lot of passion on all the Sequoyah threads and that can be a good thing. We need (and I think it is heading that way), to direct all that passion solely toward this team and its progress. Going back to the mountains for awhile. Leaving after this post. See everyone in about a week or week and a half. Everyone have a great week and GO CHIEFS!!!!

Kevin Kiser

My boy is his counter part on the left side. He can play on both sides with no problem... Seen at practice last night the Jolley kid from Central was lining up at fullback and Jake was in the TB spot. Jolley kid looks good...IMO leave SS where he is. That would give us a right and left guard who both run under 5.0 40 and both can pull and lead block down the field

What do you think,the best way to end the rock throwing is to man or woman up,or don't post,and if we all agree its kinda of like beening united.Whats everyone think.If they won't man or women up don't reply to nothing they say.Let them talk to theirself.

JEFF ROBERTS

Jeff that may be the best idea I have ever read on a Sequoyah thread. I for sure am all for it count me in, sure will make things a lot more positive and up front. What everyone keeps saying they want anyway

My boy is his counter part on the left side. He can play on both sides with no problem... Seen at practice last night the Jolley kid from Central was lining up at fullback and Jake was in the TB spot. Jolley kid looks good...IMO leave SS where he is. That would give us a right and left guard who both run under 5.0 40 and both can pull and lead block down the field

Yeah SS could play FB, but his shot at the next level will come at the position he is playing now. When they talked to him about moving him to Guard, I told him you can be a average FB or an outstanding guard with a shot at college ball. I don't see a line in the entire region that will be any better, but they still have to earn that on the field.

Yeah SS could play FB, but his shot at the next level will come at the position he is playing now. When they talked to him about moving him to Guard, I told him you can be a average FB or an outstanding guard with a shot at college ball. I don't see a line in the entire region that will be any better, but they still have to earn that on the field.

have dave you r right he is a good blocker and we need that because like we all know that where it all starts is with the line

have dave you r right he is a good blocker and we need that because like we all know that where it all starts is with the line

And on 1 more note,and i may be drawing draws here,but Jolly kid looks good,well built,but hes not had the pads on yet,but if he can handle the fb position,i like that combo with his size leading for jake.But there again he has 2 prove that.But hes built like a fb,and looks strong.Time will tell.

Have to find a tight end.Not sure who thats going to be yet.

And on 1 more note,and i may be drawing draws here,but Jolly kid looks good,well built,but hes not had the pads on yet,but if he can handle the fb position,i like that combo with his size leading for jake.But there again he has 2 prove that.But hes built like a fb,and looks strong.Time will tell.

is justin phillips not out this year

Murphy Fair Pre-season Coaches Poll

Class 2A

RANK TEAM 1ST PLACE VOTES 2007 RECORD

1 Alcoa 29 14-1

2 Goodpasture 3 13-2

3 Milan 3 11-2

4 CPA 0 6-5

5 Tyner 0 7-5

6 Smith Co. 0 10-2

7 Lewis Co. 0 11-1

8 Westview 0 9-2

9 CAK 0 10-2

10 York Institute 1 12-1

Others Receiving Votes (in order): Gatlinburg Pittman, Sweetwater, Humboldt, Loudon, Rockwood.

3A Comes out tomorrow.

I think Z. Helms has been working at Tight end. Good hands and good blocker but a little slow footed. I think C. Topa would be a good option at FB or TE, tough kid, good runner and blocker. JW is our best option at TB!! However dept at all positions is CRITICAL!!!!!!!! I have been watching workouts all week and have been impressed with our QB's and Receivers. ELI, Rogers and R. Coleman all have made improvements at QB and we are catching the ball much better. Coach S. told the receivers yesterday that they had been taught well on route running and fundamentals. Good job Coach Roberts!

CH