sequoyah lets talk football

vonore65

Hey guys, if you haven't checked out the Tennessee High School Database, you might want to. You can go to it at hsfdatabase.com. Interesting information on there. Also there is a helmet project section on there that has all the high school helmets on there. He has added a "defunct" section for past helmets of schools. I have submitted a couple from Vonore and a couple from Madisonville that I found in mine and my wife's annuals. If you know of other designs you can submit a picture or a description of the helmet along with the years it was worn and he will put them on there. It might take him a while, he has been busy putting bowl games and results on, but he is getting them on there. He stills likes 1 or 2 of the Vonore helmets I submitted, but he will get them. Also if you know of any bowl games that Vonore, Madisonville, Sweetwater, or Tellico played in, you can submit them too. There is a thread on here for the bowl games. Vonore played in the Little T Bowl in Lenoir City against Greenback (twice I think), but I can't remember the scores or the years. If someone knows them please put them on there. Coach Satterfield might remember when they were if someone could ask him sometime. BlueQB12 would probably know, but he is on vacation. Well, anyway, check out the site sometime.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that is a possibility? From what I have read, Rodgers is fighting to stay 2nd string. He has a good arm and Moser could be used in more ways if he was moved to reciever or wing, but he has the most experience. Again, not cutting any of these kids short, just evaluating possibilities.

im not trying to cut anyone short either but i have hard that kent looks just as good as moser and we could really use hime at wide out

You know, there has been a lot of talk on here about the big backs, and thats good. They deserve every ounce of recognition they have gotten and will get, but what about the Breeden kid? No one has said anything about him on here, and I find that odd. I've got to believe that he has to play an important role on this team too. Otherwise everyone will stack the middle and stop those big backs. From what I've seen from Breeden through little league and up to now, he's one that will make you regret forgetting about him. Take the Rhea County scrimmage....he darted in and out of traffic and made several RC boys look like they were standing still. I was on the RC fence and heard several of them talk about how fast he was and several players kept yelling at the defense to "watch out for the fast one, if he gets open you won't catch him." Maybe everyone is so enamoured by the big power backs they simply overlooked him? Hopefully some of the Chiefs opponents will do that too!!

From what i understand white is the fastest back on the team. So that is a combo of size & speed. If we run out of the I form. that is what we will need. I would say with breeden and don't forget Black alot will depend on what or how they decide to use that wing.

From what i understand white is the fastest back on the team. So that is a combo of size & speed. If we run out of the I form. that is what we will need. I would say with breeden and don't forget Black alot will depend on what or how they decide to use that wing.

I agree, I think Breeden, Black, Carson will be very effective if we can get them into space. Breeden is especially good in space! I have not seen Black since the Dead period. Does anyone know what his status is? I think he showed in the spring that he can help us on Defense and offense. I have not seen a lot of the I formation yet. Mostly the spread passing game. I will be curious to see what type of run package we implement. Offensive line is really good at run blocking and I am sure we need pass protection work since we did not do a lot of that in years past. Go chiefs!

You're right. Black certainly took some heads off in the Rhea scrimmage a few times. I'm glad you mentioned Carson, I was wondering if he was still out or not. Had heard that he was concentrating solely on basketball. If Black is still there that gives us a triple threat at wing and making the depth chart look good.

Fastest on the team? I find that hard to believe. Not a knock on White, I just didn't think he was that fast. Most that I have seen out of him was power running. Would have thought at least Breeden and Carson were faster. Oh well...

Fastest on the team? I find that hard to believe. Not a knock on White, I just didn't think he was that fast. Most that I have seen out of him was power running. Would have thought at least Breeden and Carson were faster. Oh well...

The last time they tested White ran a 4.65, Black 4.67, Breeden 4.7, Corvette 4.7. White has been able to outrun Breeden since the end of there eighth grade year. Carson did not test he was running track. Jake is up to about 195 now. Black is questionable at this point, he wants to concentrate on Bull riding /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I agree, I think Breeden, Black, Carson will be very effective if we can get them into space. Breeden is especially good in space! I have not seen Black since the Dead period. Does anyone know what his status is? I think he showed in the spring that he can help us on Defense and offense. I have not seen a lot of the I formation yet. Mostly the spread passing game. I will be curious to see what type of run package we implement. Offensive line is really good at run blocking and I am sure we need pass protection work since we did not do a lot of that in years past. Go chiefs!

I saw Jake's play book last night. I am still hoping that they will use that double wing some. That way you can have 4 threats on the field with Moser, Breeden, Black, White. With all of them able to touch it at any given time by running mid-line, veer,counter ISO, buck sweep, and the play action pass we ran out of that set. The kids know it like the back of there hand and it could help get them over the hump till they learn the package that Satterfield wants. Its just 6 plays out of one set, but they could make a living on it till they got comfortable with Satterfield's package. Moser could call option on me in the huddle and check to the play at the line of scrimmage best suited by what the defense is giving him for those plays. Moser knows what play to run based on what technique the defense is giving him. You run veer to a one technique, mid-line to a 3 technique, its best to run the counter ISO to a 3 technique, the buck sweep to the weak side if they are overloading one side, by either numbers, or by gaming you to the field or boundary. You throw in that play action off the veer look, with a drag from the back side ( it was always open) and you are clicking.From those six plays you can answer about anything they try and do on defense. I think they could put a bad hurting on Sweetwater

Hasn't one of the biggest problems over the years been special teams? Our punting was sub-par at best, FG and XP was always hit or miss with a relative short distance restricting FG's, and kick-offs were returned to far up field. Returns were the only bright side. Several times returners were within a step of breaking it. It has been argued before about offense and/or defense being the worst, and we do not need to revisit that, but it was special teams that often put them both in jams that were hard to work out of. Anyone know who will be handling kicking and punting duties?

The last time they tested White ran a 4.65, Black 4.67, Breeden 4.7, Corvette 4.7. White has been able to outrun Breeden since the end of there eighth grade year. Carson did not test he was running track. Jake is up to about 195 now. Black is questionable at this point, he wants to concentrate on Bull riding

That is great 4 guys with virtually the same 40 time, maybe we can get one of them busted loose in the secondary upon many occassions this year. Carson should be close to the same as well maybe even faster with his track experience.

im not trying to cut anyone short either but i have hard that kent looks just as good as moser and we could really use hime at wide out

I would like to see moser playing receiver i think he would be really good.

THROW THE DIRT ON THE VEER, BURY IT DEEP IN THE PLAYBOOK.