sequoyah lets talk football

vonore65

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't one of the biggest problems over the years been special teams? Our punting was sub-par at best, FG and XP was always hit or miss with a relative short distance restricting FG's, and kick-offs were returned to far up field. Returns were the only bright side. Several times returners were within a step of breaking it. It has been argued before about offense and/or defense being the worst, and we do not need to revisit that, but it was special teams that often put them both in jams that were hard to work out of. Anyone know who will be handling kicking and punting duties?

You are right there were a few times last year when our defense was put in a bad situation by our special teams. Don't know who will be doing the punting this year but feel pretty confident C. Bell will be doing the FG's, P.A.T.'s and kickoffs. At one of the practices seen lots of kids out on the field taking snaps and punting the football. Didn't get to see them all but really didn't see a standout. Can't wait to see the kids in pads next week. Team is looking good time to get excited!

Hey guys, I started a thread about the top teams in the history of Monroe Co. would like to get some input from everyone, about all the Schools top teams.

(Also if anyone is familar with the Sweetwater teams of the early 70's, I would like to hear some info about them from an opposing player, coach or fans point of view.)

I don't know if anyone has had a chance to check out the High School Football Database or not, but I have been talking to the guy, and he wants as much history on Vonore and Madisonville High Schools as possible. I have already given him the schedule and scores of Vonore's 1984 season and am working on sending him Madisonville's 1990, 92, and 93 schedules and scores. For 92 I just have a schedule so if anyone has the scores post them on here or get in touch with me somehow. Any seasons and scores that you can give will be helpful. Just post them on here and I will update what I have and get them to him. Vonore's history runs from 1916-1995. Thats the schools existence. Don't know when they started playing football. Does anyone know the years for Madisonville? Anything pertaining to the schools and the football programs just put it on here and I will make sure it gets on the database. Thanks in advance guys!

Kevin Kiser

I don't know if anyone has had a chance to check out the High School Football Database or not, but I have been talking to the guy, and he wants as much history on Vonore and Madisonville High Schools as possible. I have already given him the schedule and scores of Vonore's 1984 season and am working on sending him Madisonville's 1990, 92, and 93 schedules and scores. For 92 I just have a schedule so if anyone has the scores post them on here or get in touch with me somehow. Any seasons and scores that you can give will be helpful. Just post them on here and I will update what I have and get them to him. Vonore's history runs from 1916-1995. Thats the schools existence. Don't know when they started playing football. Does anyone know the years for Madisonville? Anything pertaining to the schools and the football programs just put it on here and I will make sure it gets on the database. Thanks in advance guys!

Kevin Kiser

Frank Griffith would be the man to ask anything about Madisonville Football...I can probably get the schedules and scores from 79 to 82 for you. I'll try and remember to do that.

Great, thanks. Also if anyone knows the coaches and years they coached that would be helpful too. I got the 90, 92, and 93 results out of my wife's annuals, so if you have old Madisonville annuals, look in them and see if there are schedules and results. I have annuals from 1983-89 for Vonore and baseball schedules were the only thing in them. If anyone knows how to get in touch with Mr. Griffith, let me know or get in touch with him and get the info. Thanks guys and this would help out a lot. We can keep the histories of these schools alive and allow the kids of today see what was accomplished instead of just hearing it.

Week 3 is big, but week 1 is huge! Yeah week 3 is a big week, for the Regional scene, but we cant look past the Wildcats of SweetH2o. You guys best focus on those Redskins of Loudon, should be a great tune up game for ya. GO CHIEFS!!!

Yeah it should be a good tune up game.. They whipped our butts pretty good last yr, but its another year! We already have two players injured.. 1 lineman with a broke foot, and a linebacker with a broke ankle plus jackson wont be playin against them either.. So things should get interesting lol

Yeah it should be a good tune up game.. They whipped our butts pretty good last yr, but its another year! We already have two players injured.. 1 lineman with a broke foot, and a linebacker with a broke ankle plus jackson wont be playin against them either.. So things should get interesting lol

Plus another lineman suspended for the fight in the playoff game last year.

Who is the injured linebacker?

Definitely. Jerome is a special guy. From what I have read on the Lions site and several of their fan message boards, there is great expectations for him. Coach Gash thinks he will compete for playing time immediately. Their camp starts today and they have a game against the Titans (don't remember the date).