sequoyah lets talk football

vonore65

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the priviledge of seeing a practice earlier this week. After watching, I have to say, I believe the boys are seeing nothing but Blue & Gold. Plays were being executed well and the Senior leadership was very present. Was glad to see some of the underclassmen challenge the Seniors in one particular drill. When asked why they wanted the Seniors, their reply was "we want to beat the best". Keep working hard guys, you still have a ways to go and a short time to get there, but you have made big strides toward being ready for the Wildcats.

What kind of numbers are out there? I here Moore has came back, any truth to that? Any injuries during two-adays?

I was just out there one morning. There were 43 then and coach said there were some out that day. The only injury I know about is Cody Goodman (Freshman I think). Hurt his arm, he was going to get it checked, wasn't for sure if it was broke or not.

Staying healthy during two-a-days is huge, word is that Central has had a few injuries may hurt them against Loudon. The Harriman scrimmage should tell us alot about our speed. The devils hung tough with Austin East to a 0-0 tie, but there were mixed reports that it may had been AE's jv team. I was hoping to judge us a little more by the Harriman scrimmage because Sweetwater played them in the fall but again, they were short 9 starters when they played the Wildcats. So who knows. The only thing I know is, ITS FOOTBALL TIME! GO CHIEFS, GO BLUE DEVILS and GO TORNADOES!!!

Staying healthy during two-a-days is huge, word is that Central has had a few injuries may hurt them against Loudon. The Harriman scrimmage should tell us alot about our speed. The devils hung tough with Austin East to a 0-0 tie, but there were mixed reports that it may had been AE's jv team. I was hoping to judge us a little more by the Harriman scrimmage because Sweetwater played them in the fall but again, they were short 9 starters when they played the Wildcats. So who knows. The only thing I know is, ITS FOOTBALL TIME! GO CHIEFS, GO BLUE DEVILS and GO TORNADOES!!!

I was at the Harriman, AE scrimmage. If that was AE's JV they brought about 70 of'em and two D1 prospects played.

Well if that is true then it should be a great scrimmage. GO CHIEFS!!!

What is everyone's thoughts on this upcoming scrimmage? I hope its a good one. Glad to see Coach putting some of the old plays back in. The guys really liked that. I think Coach will play a lot of different kids to see what he has. The next two scrimmages, I think he will fine tune and get ready for the cats. Good Luck Chiefs!!!!! Get us started off on the right foot!!

alls i know is u all gonna get trucked by dem devils! they coming to hit u alls hard. i hopes that coach fatterfield is ready to take a whipping cause We ready! we ready! we ready!

Take English much? I do believe Sequoyah has outscored Harriman 59-20 in the two games they have played. So bring those little Devils on over to the Chop House and polish their little pitchforks up so they will slide easier when the Chiefs stick them were the sun don't shine. And the name is SATTERFIELD, don't disrespect it again. I believe the Chiefs fans on here will agree, we give opposing teams coaches the respect they deserve, so don't crack on ours. You want to talk trash about what your team is going to do in the scrimmage is fine, but don't disrespect our coach, got that?

Take English much? I do believe Sequoyah has outscored Harriman 59-20 in the two games they have played. So bring those little Devils on over to the Chop House and polish their little pitchforks up so they will slide easier when the Chiefs stick them were the sun don't shine. And the name is SATTERFIELD, don't disrespect it again. I believe the Chiefs fans on here will agree, we give opposing teams coaches the respect they deserve, so don't crack on ours. You want to talk trash about what your team is going to do in the scrimmage is fine, but don't disrespect our coach, got that?

Well said SID, I believe it will be a good scrimmage for both teams. After today we will know more on what we need to work on and maybe any changes to be made. It was awesome to hear that they will be running some of the "last year" plays, simply because they run them well. I would love to see the O-line come out and make a statement with our running game. The boys tell me that the start time has changed can anyone confirm this? GO CHIEFS!!

Well said SID, I believe it will be a good scrimmage for both teams. After today we will know more on what we need to work on and maybe any changes to be made. It was awesome to hear that they will be running some of the "last year" plays, simply because they run them well. I would love to see the O-line come out and make a statement with our running game. The boys tell me that the start time has changed can anyone confirm this? GO CHIEFS!!

Yes dumdum,

The start time has been changed to around 7:00. The O-Line will dominate with our running game!!! Go Chiefs!!

What are some of the thoughts from last night? Overall I thought it was a good scrimmage. There were some sputters on offense and defense, but I would think that was expected. I got there late, so I didn't get to see the first of it. What I saw that I thought was very important, was that several of the "back-ups" stepped up and played well which indicates depth which is something that has hardly ever been considered reliable at Sequoyah. Through the years there has been depth at certain positions, but this team looks like it has more depth at more positions, which will be key. By the way, red_nation, appreciate the talk we had last night. Best of luck to you this year with your players.