Morgan County Pigskin

Since losing two legendary football coaches.......

Will anybody be interested in watching Coalfield without there "how ever many year" old legendary coach and will anybody watch Oakdale football without there 1 year legendary coach?

From what I understand Coach Chip DID play at the University of Tennessee...........

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since losing two legendary football coaches.......

Will anybody be interested in watching Coalfield without there "how ever many year" old legendary coach and will anybody watch Oakdale football without there 1 year legendary coach?

From what I understand Coach Chip DID play at the University of Tennessee...........

Of course. Why would you not want to watch Coalfield Football? And yes Coach K. is a legend in the area. Why shouldn't he be? He had a successful program.

Coach K is defiantly a legend in East Tn, Not only a great coach but a great guy. You wouldn’t think little ol Morgan County has been blessed with some fantastic coaches like it has. Boy what I wouldn’t give to have all those guys coaching the same team lol… Could you imagine? It would be like Kingston back in the late 70’s and 80’s

Coach K is defiantly a legend in East Tn, Not only a great coach but a great guy. You wouldn't think little ol Morgan County has been blessed with some fantastic coaches like it has. Boy what I wouldn't give to have all those guys coaching the same team lol… Could you imagine? It would be like Kingston back in the late 70's and 80's

Well, since Roane Co. has more than one high school like Morgan. We all ready have a team and program like that. It is called Coalfield.

Lol, Cy im sorry I got to laugh pretty hard at that /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Kingston has the most tradition of a lot of schools in east Tennessee.. State champs, state runner ups, undefeated numerous years, ranked nationally numerous years. Rockwood as well, State Champs and so on… oliver springs went to state im pretty sure. Morgan county as much as I love it, hasn’t had near the success as Roane county in sports. And Midway will continue to go up in 1-a ranks they are already right up there with coalfield.

Lol, Cy im sorry I got to laugh pretty hard at that /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Kingston has the most tradition of a lot of schools in east Tennessee.. State champs, state runner ups, undefeated numerous years, ranked nationally numerous years. Rockwood as well, State Champs and so on… oliver springs went to state im pretty sure. Morgan county as much as I love it, hasn't had near the success as Roane county in sports. And Midway will continue to go up in 1-a ranks they are already right up there with coalfield.

Uh, no Gibson, it was your premise to want a Morgan County Team like Kingston in the time period. I simply compared the Counties and pointed out that Coalfield in Morgan County is the closest to that example in the County. I made no mention of their successes, I don't have to because you and I are both aware that Coalfield's Football program has been the most successful in Morgan County over the last 30 years and certainly in the last say oh, 3. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You have to compare apples to apples. Those apples are multil school counties and finding the closest program with success. That is what I did. Even a consolidated high school in Morgan Co. would not produce what you are asking.

And no Cy, I was talking about, could you imagine if some of the great coach’s that Morgan county has had in the past coached together on the same team. Kingston had that in the early 80’s with ex head coaches with sim porter, jess plemons, & Papaw, and all three had successful coaching careers. It was just a funny statement not trying to stir an argument. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

There is no argument. We had that in Morgan Co. at Coalfield. Why did you want to argue it? The man won approximately 165 games, lost less than 50 in 21 years, and made the play-offs consistently. We don't need to have "three" high calibre coaches on one team to have a winner, a winning program, or a success. Morgan had one, and we are about to have two in Coach H.

BTW, there were other successful coaches at Coalfield that helped the program. One of those was JIM GIBSON. one of the best coaches ever to be at Coalfield. Then there was W.D. Sissom, Bill Jacobs, who went to Indian town up north and their tradition took off from there, Don Williams, John "Smokey" Diggs, and yes George Lowe. All consistently had winners. Hat's to all those guys for the assistance they gave to Coalfield in building that program.