region 4A

bulldawg23

Will there be any upsets again in 4A this postseason ?

Its a good possibility but you never know. Temple and Clay Co. have to be the odds on favorites to win their perspective regions and host the substate. It would take a monumental effort from the traveling team to win at either of these venues but its not out of the question. Westmoreland almost upset Temple on its home floor last year before falling late in the 4th quarter, and 2 years agon CSAS came up to Pickett Co. and upset them on their home floor so it could happen. I for one can't wait to get the season started! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah there has been many upsets in the past few years in 4a jackson remember put pickett out last year pickett(favor to go to state pre-saeson last year) congrats to kackson on the win and the appearence in state. Clay vs. westmoreland in the region 4a championship. I think it will be a good match up and remember wastmoreland absoluty put it to clay last year in region i thinnk clay will want revenge on westmoreland.

Yeah there has been many upsets in the past few years in 4a jackson remember put pickett out last year pickett(favor to go to state pre-saeson last year) congrats to kackson on the win and the appearence in state. Clay vs. westmoreland in the region 4a championship. I think it will be a good match up and remember wastmoreland absoluty put it to clay last year in region i thinnk clay will want revenge on westmoreland.

I don't look for Westmoreland to be a favorite in Region 8A this year as they lost alot of seniors off of last years team. Pre-season favorites would have to be either FCS or Gordonsville. However as we all know come tournament time none of that matters. Its how you are playing at the end of the year that matters most! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I heard that Gordonsville's coach was involved in an altercation with a player and was dismissed. Any truth to this rumor?

Don't have any idea what your talking about. Coach has been there all summer. Had good camps from everything I have heard; and all the players are in place. Only lost one player from last year's team. You would'nt be trying to start any ugly rumors would you Dev?

Don't have any idea what your talking about. Coach has been there all summer. Had good camps from everything I have heard; and all the players are in place. Only lost one player from last year's team. You would'nt be trying to start any ugly rumors would you Dev?

Not a chance and i need to just delete that post so as to not start anything. i have the utmost respect for the coaching staff and people of Gordonsville. That gym has been very good to us. I was told that by a parent of one of the athlete's there in Gordonsville but i found it very hard to believe so therefor i asked. From all that i've heard G'ville should have a very good team this year. In your opinion how good will they be? I know when we beat them in overtime two years ago they had a very good team that year, will this team be as good? How is the big blonde headed kid doing in college? I always liked his game and work ethic on the floor. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Not a chance and i need to just delete that post so as to not start anything. i have the utmost respect for the coaching staff and people of Gordonsville. That gym has been very good to us. I was told that by a parent of one of the athlete's there in Gordonsville but i found it very hard to believe so therefor i asked. From all that i've heard G'ville should have a very good team this year. In your opinion how good will they be? I know when we beat them in overtime two years ago they had a very good team that year, will this team be as good? How is the big blonde headed kid doing in college? I always liked his game and work ethic on the floor. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well, that'O.K. When you look at it on paper, they should be O.K., maybe a top 3 team in District 8A. Friendship will be very good, as will Trousdale. The Tigers, as I said earlier, only lost one player (a big player) from last year's team. They still have Vaden, Malone, Bradford, McCaleb, and Austin (didn't play last year - torn ACL) as the Senior class. The Junior class will see a lot of playing time as well with Whigham, Bennett, and Randolph. Also some Sophs. that played last year in Sanders, Rodriguez, and the addition of a 6'3" power forward Woodmore. They have a solid starting line-up, and depth off the bench with players who saw a lot of playing time due to the injuries and health issues they had last year. We'll see how it goes in a couple of months. Should be exciting. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!