New Lenoir City Thread

noonesfool

I hope the young men are buying into Coach Z's program. Does LC have much speed or size?

I wish we had more speed and size, but I do think the kids are buying into Coach Z's program. I think we have lost at least 9 lineman from last years team which could be good or bad, depending on how you want to look at it. Although we will be extremely thin up front on both sides, I think we have some good skill position players. Our schedule is brutal as always though. The new Middle School program should pay dividends in the next few years.

Good info, Is coach committed to his 1 foot splits between the line or has he spread out a little bit these days. Coach likes to throw but he believes in pounding to throw, but then the throwing goes full circle and the pounding gets easier.

I haven't seen them with an O-line . Just saw the 7 on 7 passing scrimmage at Maryville College. They played 4 teams and scored 18 TD's and looked pretty good slinging the ball around. As you and I both know, the rubber meets the road when they put pads on and have to block/tackle.

I haven't seen them with an O-line . Just saw the 7 on 7 passing scrimmage at Maryville College. They played 4 teams and scored 18 TD's and looked pretty good slinging the ball around. As you and I both know, the rubber meets the road when they put pads on and have to block/tackle.

Ouch, your right /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

Should know more at the end of next week. Summer practice starts Monday and a scrimmage is scheduled for Friday at Heritage.

After a couple scrimmages, I think it's obvious the Panthers weakness is in the trenches, especially O-Line. They have good skill players, as was displayed at the 7 on 7 passing scrimmage, but you have to block to allow the skill players to do anything.

• 2 weeks later...