Henry County ready to roll

oooooooo

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you Henry Co. folks think your defense will match up with Northsides offense? i got to see them the other night in practice. the line is very big and physical! of course you know how good Mann is but what you might not know is that they have two recievers that are very good and very fast! i know one of them was clocked in the 4.4s! The quarterback has a very good arm as well! Their fullback is a big young kid that runs well! Looks like they are going to have more weapons than they had last year!

how do you Henry Co. folks think your defense will match up with Northsides offense? i got to see them the other night in practice. the line is very big and physical! of course you know how good Mann is but what you might not know is that they have two recievers that are very good and very fast! i know one of them was clocked in the 4.4s! The quarterback has a very good arm as well! Their fullback is a big young kid that runs well! Looks like they are going to have more weapons than they had last year!

Well our defense still needs some work. But by the time we play northside we should have it worked out. I am a lil scared cuz our defense aint as big or fast as last years, but I think when mac (our new guy) learns it he will make us better. I think that will be the game to watch this year. Northside players was talkin a lot after last years game so I think our boys will be ready.

As I have told you before; this year's freshmen will have NO BEARING on the defense or offense for the varsity. One or two guys may contribute, but don't think for a minute that freshman will show up big against Melrose, Maplewood, Hillsboro, or Maryville.

I totally agree in most cases, but 3 years ago robbie gallimore was a freshmen and the Melrose coaches were very impressed with his performance in the second round loss to Melrose.

Two years ago, Shonte Sims returned a punt to about the 2 yard line inthe first half, did I mention he was a freshmen? Last year Neal Capps started playoff games as a freshmen,

No there will not be several freshmen contribute big in playoffs, but dont be so sure that one maybe two wont.

Najee Ray played a few snaps with the varsity at safety and Andrew Jelks looks ot be a solid lnog snapper and think not for a moment that long snapping is not a huge contribution.

I totally agree in most cases, but 3 years ago robbie gallimore was a freshmen and the Melrose coaches were very impressed with his performance in the second round loss to Melrose.

Two years ago, Shonte Sims returned a punt to about the 2 yard line inthe first half, did I mention he was a freshmen? Last year Neal Capps started playoff games as a freshmen,

No there will not be several freshmen contribute big in playoffs, but dont be so sure that one maybe two wont.

Najee Ray played a few snaps with the varsity at safety and Andrew Jelks looks ot be a solid lnog snapper and think not for a moment that long snapping is not a huge contribution.

I agree about najee. He looks pretty good but we won't know until he has a snap in a high school game. And I wouldn't mind seein him returnin kicks cuz he looks just a step behind marsalis. And I heard florida just offered marsalis. Congratulations to him, that's a big offer.

its about that time.. i can smell it in the air.. ive read alot about the scrimmage.. i was unable to make it.. did any special teams take place? if so how was it? is the kicking game gonna be good?

Yes. At the begining they punted and we could have blocked a few of them but coaches told them not to. There was no returning and no kickoffs. And on the field goals number 19 was kickin them from deep. He was hittin them from the 30 with plenty to spare.

Yes. At the begining they punted and we could have blocked a few of them but coaches told them not to. There was no returning and no kickoffs. And on the field goals number 19 was kickin them from deep. He was hittin them from the 30 with plenty to spare.

thats good to hear.. our kicker last year number 10 was he a senior last year or is he back to kick again?

Right now I wouldn't think our defense would match up very well with any good offensive team. We have a lot of improvements to make but it is a long time until we play Northside.

Don't count on any freshmen to make major contributions.

if i recall last years "upset" was real our on fault cause on paper we creamed MHS

if i recall MHS beating Herny Co was no upset ..it was going to happen .. and it did ..and the game wasnt played on paper it was played on the field and you lost ...so you can take your paper and cream and make you a panther shaped pinata and beat it like MJ ..because thats as close as you are going to get to beating MHS and one more thing it was your own fault .. for even thinking you was going to win!!