Memphis City Athletic Director Out

wtnoff

True on all accounts of your posts concerning this topic..King Wille rules Memphis on every avenue pursused..remember he applied for MCS super,supposely to leave his mayorial throne..not! > he wanted to throw everything in Memphis in disarray as is common for his unscroupous misdemeanor by renigging on it..also before Dr.Cash recieved his approval The King (what a Joke) threanted to revoke it,later to jokingly take his name out of the approval process..his way to let Dr.Cash know whos running the "funny" show in Memphis.. is it racism in Memphis.. one has but one guess...look at him giving his former bodyguards (all who had served jail time)jobs in Memphis upper class positions. yes the racism bell rings loud and clear in Memphis ..the Kings way is best no matter whom it hurts

MCS coaches are not hired to be a role model as suggested by others..just win at all costs..think again if the best athlectics arent MCS spread all around to have at least two schools in each region /class to bring back the Gold. VERY SAD

So if Memphis is a racist city, what does that say about the cities and counties in rural west TN, where there are very few minorities in leadership positions?

I'm just asking.........................

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Memphis is a racist city, what does that say about the cities and counties in rural west TN, where there are very few minorities in leadership positions?

I'm just asking.........................

I was replying to post 24 , also to inform ppl that dont know the circus King Wille has established in Memphis ..very sad! supposely you dont get Memphis news channels is why you have no idea ...however,to answer your ??..there are several cities / counties in rural west Tn that have minorities that are Highly Respected in leadership positions not handed / given to them, rather voted on (white or black) as it should be ..plz read the entire topic and you'll notice what I was responding to..its called R-E-S-P-E-C-T..Not Racist

If everything y'all say is going on then please explain why only Germantown has won a state championship in 5A in the last 10+ years? I know Melrose gets to the big dance, but they never seem to get it done either.

Better yet if it is going on then why haven't y'all done anything about it? NO politician is appointed for life. They can, and SHOULD, be replaced regularly reguardless of race, creed, or color. This can happen even with all the dead bodies that vote from the Ford Funeral parlor. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The last actual KING of America was REMOVED, rather forcibly, in 1776 if I remember my history correctly.

If everything y'all say is going on then please explain why only Germantown has won a state championship in 5A in the last 10+ years? I know Melrose gets to the big dance, but they never seem to get it done either.

Better yet if it is going on then why haven't y'all done anything about it? NO politician is appointed for life. They can, and SHOULD, be replaced regularly reguardless of race, creed, or color. This can happen even with all the dead bodies that vote from the Ford Funeral parlor. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The last actual KING of America was REMOVED, rather forcibly, in 1776 if I remember my history correctly.

You seem to be getting the picture. Dead bodies, splitting of votes, political favors, with an abundance of total ignorance keep the "King" in place. Help me out here...What are you referencing to with the comment about G,town and Melrose?

You are correct in one sense...however, when an administrator is moved back to a classroom, again it is not considered a dismissal or suspension but rather a transfer within the system. This is perfectly legal as long as it is not done for improper reasons. If a plantiff can provide proof of improper reasons, l.e. Discrimination as an ex., He or She is entitled to relief as deemed fit by the courts. As far as a coach is concerned, (let's use one with tenure as a teacher for example) he/she may be transferred within a school system (shipped off to another school) with absolutely NO RIGHTS ...UNLESS ..Some type of improper motive was behind the transfer. Prove it with facts and the transfer become invalid and damages (according to the extent) are ruled on. Hoperfully for the plantiff, in proving improper motivesw, punitive damages can be awarded along with actual damages. We are..Still in America.

Your position is exactly right, however the US of A does not exist anymore; as evidenced by the fact that most cases today are decided solely on the merit of race not facts. In Memphis the same perfidious standard applies to hiring and firing.

Your position is exactly right, however the US of A does not exist anymore; as evidenced by the fact that most cases today are decided solely on the merit of race not facts. In Memphis the same perfidious standard applies to hiring and firing.

Sadly, your post has a great deal of merit. Hopefully, those wronged will continue to challenge the powers that be and maybe, just maybe, justice will prevail in some cases. It's going to take someone to "burst the bubble" and once done, if the penalty is high enough ($) some of this will stop! Until the bubble bursts though, you continue to bang on it as you would a pinata.

You seem to be getting the picture. Dead bodies, splitting of votes, political favors, with an abundance of total ignorance keep the "King" in place. Help me out here...What are you referencing to with the comment about G,town and Melrose?

The simple fact that only Melrose and Germantown are the only two teams from West Tn that have made it to the BIG DANCE in the last 10 years that I know of and only ONE of them got it done and actually won a gold ball. As heavily populated as that area is surely some team should have made it more than that because the atheletes ARE there.

Is it the fault of the AD of the area or what? Is he the one that is picking the Coaches? If not then who exactly is picking them? All I know is the fact some teams from the Memphis area should be making the trip to Murfreesboro more often than is happening. The fact they are NOT is telling me something is wrong there.

The simple fact that only Melrose and Germantown are the only two teams from West Tn that have made it to the BIG DANCE in the last 10 years that I know of and only ONE of them got it done and actually won a gold ball. As heavily populated as that area is surely some team should have made it more than that because the atheletes ARE there.

Is it the fault of the AD of the area or what? Is he the one that is picking the Coaches? If not then who exactly is picking them? All I know is the fact some teams from the Memphis area should be making the trip to Murfreesboro more often than is happening. The fact they are NOT is telling me something is wrong there.

Ridgeway went and won..East won in 99, lost in finals in 00, Mitchell has been, Melrose several times. You need to understand that there are I think 27 city teams, 7 county teams, and too many private schools to mention. Talent truly prevails in Memphis, however, remember that talent is spread out. Also, you'll find if you look at Murphy's book in the coaching records, you'll be hard pressed to find many that appear above .500. That should tell you a little something. As previous posters have said..There have been numerous coaches highly qualified for positions only to be told they were of the wrong color. Coaching supplements in Memphis are extremely low (ex. asst. coach with less than 5 yrs experience will receive only about a thousand dollars). This certainly is a negative factor for someone considering coaching in the MCS.

As for the duties of the city athletic director, he sets up schedules (stadium schedules) for the city team, including middle, jr. high, B team, and varsity programs. He coordinates the same for all other sports. He is responsible for the stadiums and playing field conditions for all sports. He handles local rules meetings in coordination with tssaa rules. He works in part with the Medical and Insurance programs for the city schools and local athletes. He is responsible for writing and applying for grants. (weight equipment). He is responsible for purchasing equipment needed for various athletic events (ex. vaulting pads, jumping bars, etc. for track). He is also responsible for double checking eligibility for each athlete submitted for each school. He coordinates all championship events in the city. He is responsible for providing and maintaing security at all athletic events. And if these things weren't enough, he is supposed to do it with a very limited budget.

Weedon may not have been the most popular person in the world, but I will give him this....Stadium and playing fields were vastly improved under his direction, athletic events were well run and supervised, and I know that he made vast improvements in the insurance programs as well as updating equipment. To compare him to his predecessor is like comparing BMWs to Volkswagons. Too bad he was too pale for the job!!!! Hopefully he'll stand up and say ENOUGH!!!!