Has TNFC folded?

Yes, I think we can compete. While ODP has a pool of talent, it is not always the best the state has to offer, especially in TN. At the D1 level 92Impact has played the top teams in the region. I know there is 'should've, would've, could'hv, but they can stay on the field with all of them. I think the problem is a constant level of similar competition just isn't available every week, then when you hit the TX or FL teams it takes a half to realize you got to step it up. I think TN is capable of fielding several good D1 teams, but only if the talent is condensed in each area.

I believe the real problem lies in the fact that Texas and Florida just get to play more! The club and ODP coaches can train year round without restrictions from high school athletic associations. Its a win-win for everyone involved. Players get more games- trainers can train year-round and that equals more money for them. Not to mention the fact that the fields are open practically all the time.

It is imperative that TN condense in major metroploitan areas- it's the players who will benefit.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you will do some research, you will find that the quality teams and coaches (boys and girls) went to Brentwood! I think that TNFC has combined with the local Impact organization in a last ditch effort

to stay afloat? From what I can tell, the top teams have gone along with the showcase coaches.

It was a nice run while it lasted?

Actually, TNFC is doing great. The past leadership did create problems that the new board has had to correct, but those issues have been dealt with and TNFC is moving forward with a bright future. We have great facilities, a new strong competent business savy board. New strong DOC leadership, new great coaches, and very strong teams. Some older teams left and thats unfortunate, but its the way the select soccer environment is. We also welcomed the Impact organization in and its been a great partnership. We are now one club and one family.

The player development plan and process being implemented by our DOC's is new, unique, and really exciting. Our younger teams and players are very strong and thats the future of any club.

Things are great at TNFC. The run isnt over. Its just beginning.