Has TNFC folded?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that at least on the girls side that some or all of TNFC club teams have folded. Is this true and if so can anyone shed any light as to what has happened?

I can only speak to this years TNFC girls u16 and 17s Coached by Chris Price. I don't have any knowledge of the other age brackets.

As you may know Chris was the DOC for the TNFC girls for the last couple of years. Over the last year or so there has been turmoil with the TNFC Board of Directors due to some financial improprieties by the past president. I thought Chris did a great job of keeping that turmoil at the Board level and away from the coaches and players. Craig Long the original president and one of the founders came back on board to try to right the ship. I don't know much of the details but Craig and the new board had some ideas on how to do things and Chris and many of the coaches didn't agree with many of these ideas... Chris announced that he was going to resign as DOC about a week before the state tournament and would not coach the upcoming u18s next year.

Since then the TNFC u17 Blue as broken up. About 4 or 5 players moving over to play with the Stone River Strikers and the rest moving to the Brentwood Club to combine with the Attack. Some of the u17s had decided not to play at all next year.

I think the u16 tried to go to Brentwood too but something happened and that didn't transpire. It really puts many of the u16's in a bad situation because of the need to be seen by college coaches next year but the team has come apart. Many are looking for somewhere else to play.

Obviously there was a lot more that went down over the last 4 or 5 months but I really don't know too much of the details. I hope that the displaced girls find a home, there was quite a bit if talent on these teams.

To echo Hamlet's remarks it is a shame for the girls to have to go through the stress of trying to find a new team. Many of the girls I am sure have played for years with the same girls and that is difficult to change this late in their club careers. There has certainly been a wealth of talent on these teams and I hope that all who still want to play can find a place to play this year. Best of luck!

To echo Hamlet's remarks it is a shame for the girls to have to go through the stress of trying to find a new team. Many of the girls I am sure have played for years with the same girls and that is difficult to change this late in their club careers. There has certainly been a wealth of talent on these teams and I hope that all who still want to play can find a place to play this year. Best of luck!

Just to correct the previous posts... Brentwood Premier 92 and most of the girls on TNFC 92 Blue are combining with both Ashley Halter and Chris Price as coaches under Brentwood Soccer Club. This includes younger players (GK and a forward) who were playing up on Attack. This should be a very strong team that will give east and west TN a run for state.

If you will do some research, you will find that the quality teams and coaches (boys and girls) went to Brentwood! I think that TNFC has combined with the local Impact organization in a last ditch effort

to stay afloat? From what I can tell, the top teams have gone along with the showcase coaches.

It was a nice run while it lasted?

I can't believe I'm saying this, But I hope TNFC can pull it back together. It's not easy changing teams at the U-16/U-17 age group. As my Daughter is finding out this year.

Good luck to Chris and all the girls.

Got serious issues in Memphis. Fury and MFC ( Memphis Futbol Club) have merged to be Midsouth FC. A keep afloat deal as well. The 91 girls from both teams have all but quit. Hopefully, will get revitalized at the end of high school season. Really tough on those wanting to keep playing for college.

See, I think this is the best reason for one large club in just about any area of the State of TN. We just don't have the population density to support age 16 and above. You can have a couple of teams, but the talent gets so diluted, that outside the state we have a difficult time competing. Hence, the FC Alliance in Knoxville, and now it seems the same may happen in Memphis and Nashville. One large club in each area makes the attrition that occurs year end year out a little easier on every one.

See, I think this is the best reason for one large club in just about any area of the State of TN. We just don't have the population density to support age 16 and above. You can have a couple of teams, but the talent gets so diluted, that outside the state we have a difficult time competing. Hence, the FC Alliance in Knoxville, and now it seems the same may happen in Memphis and Nashville. One large club in each area makes the attrition that occurs year end year out a little easier on every one.

Bean I'm torn with this one. I understand what your saying that there are alot of big fish in small ponds out there. But, I wonder if you took all the big fish from each area and placed on a regional team. Say, only 5 div. 1 teams in the state, one team out of Memphis, Nashville, Chatt., Knoxille and maybe Jackson or Johnson City if we still could compete in regionals.

Even in ODP, Tennessee still struggles againest Texas and Flordia. I also wonder how many Div.2 teams would fold since those girls could not make the Div. 1 team?

Like I said I'm torn with your Ideal. Where Mustcoach like to hear what your ideal maybe.

Yes, I think we can compete. While ODP has a pool of talent, it is not always the best the state has to offer, especially in TN. At the D1 level 92Impact has played the top teams in the region. I know there is 'should've, would've, could'hv, but they can stay on the field with all of them. I think the problem is a constant level of similar competition just isn't available every week, then when you hit the TX or FL teams it takes a half to realize you got to step it up. I think TN is capable of fielding several good D1 teams, but only if the talent is condensed in each area.