Warriors of Jasper vs Pirates of South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

Ok correct me if I am wrong how different is South Pittsburg College from South Pittsburg High? In Jasper's case it went from Pryor Institute to Jasper High to Marion County High.....hmm....I don't see your point here??

It does not matter what the Warriors high school name is, they are still in for a whipping tomorrow night!!

Go Pirates!!! Beat Jasper!!!!

Dang there 1994pirate looks like some one has rattled your cage!!!!!

Like you said doesn't matter how many times the names of the schools have changed they are still the WARRIORS and the pirates coming together for another year of hard hitting football. I just don't see it being a whipping tomorrow night. I see it being a very close game with the WARRIORS coming out on top.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How different wasn't the point that was being made. Is it not different? I thought so....And can you tell us when if was Jasper High? I didn't think so....If you don't know the history of your own school don't post and for sure don't run your mouth about it....

You tell him BigJ!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well all the time is drawing near.........and I am counting down!

My prediction for the scalping that is gonna take place at Beene Stadium tomorrow night is.................

THE MIGHTY WARRIOR STORM 28

the pirates 14

I wish all a good injury free game!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Being raised on the Mtn helped me see the light....unlike many of you fence jumpers. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> MC, you have just been around that stank Warrior fire too long....and I believe you have took one to many puffs on that peace pipe. The Warriors are in for a shocker tomorrow night. I stick by my prediction that it will be a 3 to 4 touchdown win....by THE MIGHTY PIRATES!!! GO ORANGE AND BLACK!!!!!!

You might have seen the light on that mtn., but it was the sewage fog giving off the beatiful glow you saw.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Never had to smoke that peace pipe, but sounds to me that you know a little about that.....Your prediction is your opinion and I respect that. Everybody has there own outcome of the game but just dont be down on yourself if it doesnt come true.

The WARRIORS are on the hunt for peerates and they want all the scalps they can take! Tell you what 1994, go ahead and shave that head of yours and maybe just maybe i can convience them to leave you alone..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey MO$$$Y. How's it going? .....In case you haven't figured it out yet....the South Pittsburg - jasper game is THE game and it doesn't matter whether it is first or last week. Work?? this week?? Naw /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Should I put on the Pirate shirt this week? I wont be embarrassed will I? Hate to wear it and ..... /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I wont say it. Take care of business. GV is a rookie team this year. New coach is looking good working with them. But they havent grasped his concept yet. Bye bye spread and shotgun. So far. He is a defense man.

Should I put on the Pirate shirt this week? I wont be embarrassed will I? Hate to wear it and ..... /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I wont say it. Take care of business. GV is a rookie team this year. New coach is looking good working with them. But they havent grasped his concept yet. Bye bye spread and shotgun. So far. He is a defense man.

To your comment about putting on a Pirate shirt. Go right ahead. I promise you that you will be proud you have that shirt on when the game is over with. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I just dont see what in the world makes all the Warrior fans so confident that they are gonna come in and not only beat the defending 1A state champs but beat them by 2 tds and in some cases more. WOW. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Here is a realistic prediction for you folks. If South Pitt. does come out over confident and doesnt play their A game they will still win. If they come out and play ball like they can and start clicking the first game like I think they will later in the season then their will be a lot of people leaving at halftime from the other side. I dont think it will be a beat down though like it has been the past 2 years so at least Warrior fans will have something to build on. The final 40-27 Pirates on top. The Warriors might have confidence but at the end of the day you got to have the talent too, and their isnt too much of that for the Warriors this year. Have a safe trip down to Beene Stadium and get ready for another classic football game between the Pirates & the Warriors! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

To your comment about putting on a Pirate shirt. Go right ahead. I promise you that you will be proud you have that shirt on when the game is over with. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I just dont see what in the world makes all the Warrior fans so confident that they are gonna come in and not only beat the defending 1A state champs but beat them by 2 tds and in some cases more. WOW. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Here is a realistic prediction for you folks. If South Pitt. does come out over confident and doesnt play their A game they will still win. If they come out and play ball like they can and start clicking the first game like I think they will later in the season then their will be a lot of people leaving at halftime from the other side. I dont think it will be a beat down though like it has been the past 2 years so at least Warrior fans will have something to build on. The final 40-27 Pirates on top. The Warriors might have confidence but at the end of the day you got to have the talent too, and their isnt too much of that for the Warriors this year. Have a safe trip down to Beene Stadium and get ready for another classic football game between the Pirates & the Warriors! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

A typical sp answer.. There you go Marion our game wrapped up for you right there..Why even show up since sp has already beaten us? What excatly has sp done so far this year that gives you the impression that they will beat the Warriors 40-27? Havent seen anyone but lady sqaw pred. a two touchdown game for Marion. Where are all these other pred. you talk about?? Go ahead and take your realistic prediction and cram it somewhere the sun dont shine.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Thats about all it adds up to, trash.

Cant wait for that "not so much talent" to run right over your sp team..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Old Pirate says the day has finally come and it has been a fun couple of weeks rattling the Jasper cages.

OP will say the warriors appear poised to be a better team. The Pirates have a huge amount of talant returning. Folks relate this matchup back to when each team were in middle school and their game was close. Well it may well be again.

The warriors appear to have a 3-5 defensive front with linebackers stunting from different spots and on different defensive reads. Then the 3-5 becomes a 5-3 which in Jasper's view may confuse the young Pirate line. This tactic is obviously a high risk attempt to create big defensive stops. The Pirates linemen and blockers will need to read this changes and adjust their blocking on the run. The Pirates can play the speed game but can run the power inside game between the tackles. Look for the warriors too sale out defensively in an attempt to slow the Pirate attack. OP says look for the Pirates to make some big plays offensively with the warriors becoming out matched once past the line of scrimmage. The Pirates defensively with be tough on the warriors with perhaps the warriors making a few big plays.

OP says the game of football as always comes down to will & desire from the respective players. OP says both will show these two things but in the end the Pirates will sail to another win. OP says the warriors perhaps will score

14 pts, that will not be enough to scalp the Pirates. OP says the Pirates should score 35 pts.

IF the Pirates start quick..............the warriors will be in for an even longer night.

OP's prediction SP 35- Jasper 14

OP says, SP folks need to rattle those Jasper cages all..............day. For some of us this will be our last time to witness this rivalry between these two programs and for the rest of us it's a long time until next year.

OP says enjoy the game and RATTLE those cages Pirate folks. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OP says, enjoy the day and game for we are some blessed folks!

A typical sp answer.. There you go Marion our game wrapped up for you right there..Why even show up since sp has already beaten us? What excatly has sp done so far this year that gives you the impression that they will beat the Warriors 40-27? Havent seen anyone but lady sqaw pred. a two touchdown game for Marion. Where are all these other pred. you talk about?? Go ahead and take your realistic prediction and cram it somewhere the sun dont shine.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Thats about all it adds up to, trash.

Cant wait for that "not so much talent" to run right over your sp team..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

WHY SHOW UP............................................................mercy that's simple.................... to get that free

crow soup the Pirates will have for the Jasper folks /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Old Pirate says the day has finally come and it has been a fun couple of weeks rattling the Jasper cages.

OP will say the warriors appear poised to be a better team. The Pirates have a huge amount of talant returning. Folks relate this matchup back to when each team were in middle school and their game was close. Well it may well be again.

The warriors appear to have a 3-5 defensive front with linebackers stunting from different spots and on different defensive reads. Then the 3-5 becomes a 5-3 which in Jasper's view may confuse the young Pirate line. This tactic is obviously a high risk attempt to create big defensive stops. The Pirates linemen and blockers will need to read this changes and adjust their blocking on the run. The Pirates can play the speed game but can run the power inside game between the tackles. Look for the warriors too sale out defensively in an attempt to slow the Pirate attack. OP says look for the Pirates to make some big plays offensively with the warriors becoming out matched once past the line of scrimmage. The Pirates defensively with be tough on the warriors with perhaps the warriors making a few big plays.

OP says the game of football as always comes down to will & desire from the respective players. OP says both will show these two things but in the end the Pirates will sail to another win. OP says the warriors perhaps will score

14 pts, that will not be enough to scalp the Pirates. OP says the Pirates should score 35 pts.

IF the Pirates start quick..............the warriors will be in for an even longer night.

OP's prediction SP 35- Jasper 14

OP says, SP folks need to rattle those Jasper cages all..............day. For some of us this will be our last time to witness this rivalry between these two programs and for the rest of us it's a long time until next year.

OP says enjoy the game and RATTLE those cages Pirate folks. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dang OP, have you been sneaking up to the Warriors practice? Maybe your just guessing what Marion is going to do...Of course, those peerates have to make it past the line of scrimmage to make those "possible big plays"

Im looking forward to a good, hard hitting game with the WARRIORS coming out on top. Wouldnt be the first time that Marion upset a perfect season for the peerates... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The only cages i see you rattling today is those cages youll be locking yourself in when the Warriors upset you peerate fans.....Oh yea, and the cage surrounding that ring match at half time.....Take em down LADY SQUAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Thank you AC, for clarifying that. This topic has been discussed before. I guess some people don't know as much as they think they do. I think it was 1924 before it was officially South Pittsburg, while on the other hand Pryor Institute was changed to Marion County in 1910.

Hey einstein it was still called South Pittsburg whether college or high school it doesn't matter!!