West Tennessee Power Poll

cleansheet1

Mr. CChatt:

I don't think you realize C1 is Canes' Mini Me. This is the first list they produced, but is was quickly revised.

1. Colliersville

2. Colliersville JV

3. Colliersville Freshman

4. Colliersville Middle School

5. Colliersville Booster Club Team

6. Any Lobo Team

7. Germantown Houston

8. Germantow-(don't know them, but C1 says they are real good)- I had this once, but my podiatrist cured it.

9. The Private Schools All-Star Team-2 girls from each school with initials and/or religion in their names.

Is this your post WrongFoot? Let me know and I will take it up from here.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Power Poll Week of August 11:

1. Collierville

2. Houston

3. St. George

4. St. Agnes

5. ECS

6. White Station

7. Germantown

8. St. Mary's

9. Briarcrest

10. Hutchinson

I have to admit your first post on this subject was very funny and I thought you were the straight man for the left footed joker, but now I am thinking you believe what you post. Let's say I accept your rankings, give me and others the basis for the list. My records show St. George's has not beaten St. Agnes ever, ECS ever and Hutchison only once. If something has changed tell us your thinking. I think you may have a bias, what's your zip code?

I mentioned you should join us as a paying poster and will make you a deal, you join and we can have fun. If St. G beats St. Agnes, I will pay for you to be a LIFE member. Deal?

I have to admit your first post on this subject was very funny and I thought you were the straight man for the left footed joker, but now I am thinking you believe what you post. Let's say I accept your rankings, give me and others the basis for the list. My records show St. George's has not beaten St. Agnes ever, ECS ever and Hutchison only once. If something has changed tell us your thinking. I think you may have a bias, what's your zip code?

I mentioned you should join us as a paying poster and will make you a deal, you join and we can have fun. If St. G beats St. Agnes, I will pay for you to be a LIFE member. Deal?

Deal on the membership challenge.

Thanks for "getting" the tongue in cheek first rankings- some need not to not take their soccer knowledge or message board life too serriously.

I have enjoyed the give and take on this board for a while now, and that's all it is - one's opinion and possible attempt at humor.

And I have learned a lot about the soccer in the other parts of the state from those that do not have the opportunity to play club or ODP.

Agreed. St. George is in a less competitive league, but they will be playing with more confidence this year than last and have the chance to challenge others this year.

Let the games begin

Deal on the membership challenge.

Thanks for "getting" the tongue in cheek first rankings- some need not to not take their soccer knowledge or message board life too serriously.

I have enjoyed the give and take on this board for a while now, and that's all it is - one's opinion and possible attempt at humor.

And I have learned a lot about the soccer in the other parts of the state from those that do not have the opportunity to play club or ODP.

Agreed. St. George is in a less competitive league, but they will be playing with more confidence this year than last and have the chance to challenge others this year.

Let the games begin

The absolute "super star" for St. George in our game last season was Kyle Capstick. She stopped so many shots, I lost count. I hope they have another with her skills waiting to step in. No, my name is not Capstick, so don't go there. I watched her play a couple of times and she did a great job. I think I read she did not play club and is playing in college for Spring Hill.

• 3 weeks later...

The absolute "super star" for St. George in our game last season was Kyle Capstick. She stopped so many shots, I lost count. I hope they have another with her skills waiting to step in. No, my name is not Capstick, so don't go there. I watched her play a couple of times and she did a great job. I think I read she did not play club and is playing in college for Spring Hill.

Good Luck to ALL the WEST, no predictions here, I dont want to step on toes, There is some GREAT soccer to watch in the West....and I'll be there.

• 2 weeks later...

Water Dog- time is closing in.... you already lost once to a team that you never lost to before. I will enjoy my lifetime membership after SG takes care of Agnes.

Contrary to popular belief, the soccer world does not end in Tennessee in the triangle of Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga.

A stab at ranking our part of the world:

1. Collierville

2. Houston

3. Collierville JV

4. St. Agnes

5. ECS

6. Germantown

7. St. Mary's

8. Briarcrest

I just want to clarify something here. This is a Memphis/Shelby County poll. West TN is considered to be all land west of the TN river but excluding Shelby County. I`m from Jackson and trust me on this that whenever someone on this end of the state who doesn`t live in Memphis hears the term "West TN" they never think of Memphis. I got on this thread thinking I would see teams like USJ or Madison or JCS. This is no knock on Memphis but we just don`t normally think of Memphis when we say "West TN". The common reaction to a thread like this would be..."Oh, those are Memphis teams."

I think it has more to do with media coverage. Here in "West TN" we just don`t get much Memphis coverage if any at all and on the flip side Memphis folks don`t get much coverage on places like Milan, Jackson, Dyersburg, Savannah etc... It`s seriously like two different worlds even though we both exist on the same end of the state.

Water Dog- time is closing in.... you already lost once to a team that you never lost to before. I will enjoy my lifetime membership after SG takes care of Agnes.

I did not ignore you post above, just saw it for the first time. Now we have lost to TWO teams that haven't beaten us in 5 years. We play Houston tomorrow and have games Thurs. Friday. and Sat. The 1-0 loss to Briarcrest was unfortunate and was due to a SAA error. Now my bud Canes says goals are caused by defensive misses, and we can use that term, but it was not because a great offensive break away of great footwork. It was a loss, but more a gift to Briarcrest. I have not commented on that game, because of the error, but soccermom and I did not see the same game and it is on tape. Its over, they got the W, look to the future.

The ECS game was very physical, ref called nothing. I wanted my daughter to grab a girl, any girl, even on our team, by the ponytail and throw her to the dirt and see if the noticed. I think his only role was to keep time. Not complaining, cause we played tough, but it is not our style and we don't come out that way and have to build on the physical play as the game progresses. We held our own, not making excuses. ECS was a true loss. They scored two good goals and we did not. The paper said we had 12 to 8 sog and we did not convert. I think we have scored 15 goals in 11 games. For a team that has always been able to score, we have not found our timing, but the talent is there and at this point we are a work in progress. ECS is the only team that has scored more that one, so D is working.

SG is the last game of the season, four weeks away, so pray we don't get it together. Since you are in the driver's seat, try to be humble and I do honor by bets. Want to up the stakes?

I just want to clarify something here. This is a Memphis/Shelby County poll. West TN is considered to be all land west of the TN river but excluding Shelby County. I`m from Jackson and trust me on this that whenever someone on this end of the state who doesn`t live in Memphis hears the term "West TN" they never think of Memphis. I got on this thread thinking I would see teams like USJ or Madison or JCS. This is no knock on Memphis but we just don`t normally think of Memphis when we say "West TN". The common reaction to a thread like this would be..."Oh, those are Memphis teams."

I think it has more to do with media coverage. Here in "West TN" we just don`t get much Memphis coverage if any at all and on the flip side Memphis folks don`t get much coverage on places like Milan, Jackson, Dyersburg, Savannah etc... It`s seriously like two different worlds even though we both exist on the same end of the state.

I certainly have never meant to ignore the true geography of the State and you are absolutely correct, we use Memphis/Shelby county teams as our definition of West TN. Having never seen any other schools besides Bolton, in our short time in HS, Jackson schools don't some to mind. Why don't you get your coaches to call some of the Memphis coaches and get some games. They are all on EurosportscoreBoard. Our private schools get to play the local AAA's and just don't know your geography. Collierville and Houston have a major event (Rivals) and the best in the Mid and East come to play. Why don't you organize a West TN Event and break down the barriers? I think the west gets the press because of the years of representation at State. How does USJ or JCS get left out of the mix?

I am embarrassed that I don't know.

I certainly have never meant to ignore the true geography of the State and you are absolutely correct, we use Memphis/Shelby county teams as our definition of West TN. Having never seen any other schools besides Bolton, in our short time in HS, Jackson schools don't some to mind. Why don't you get your coaches to call some of the Memphis coaches and get some games. They are all on EurosportscoreBoard. Our private schools get to play the local AAA's and just don't know your geography. Collierville and Houston have a major event (Rivals) and the best in the Mid and East come to play. Why don't you organize a West TN Event and break down the barriers? I think the west gets the press because of the years of representation at State. How does USJ or JCS get left out of the mix?

I am embarrassed that I don't know.

USJ and JCS both played ECS earlier this year and JCS plays Bolton Saturday. Both schools have also traveled to Nashville to play Lipscomb, DCA, and FRA (scrimmage). USJ plays St. George this weekend. Soccer in the Jackson area is improving and both of these schools play a competitive game of soccer.

USJ and JCS both played ECS earlier this year and JCS plays Bolton Saturday. Both schools have also traveled to Nashville to play Lipscomb, DCA, and FRA (scrimmage). USJ plays St. George this weekend. Soccer in the Jackson area is improving and both of these schools play a competitive game of soccer.

WOW! That's great and just what we (WEST TN) needs to be family. I don't think any team would not want every team to be part of the Region. There is just so little time for Girls High School soccer, and so many teams, and traditions, but it looks like the gap is closing. TSSAA could allow mort scrimmages and then more of us could get together. Congrates on moving the game forward.

I did not ignore you post above, just saw it for the first time. Now we have lost to TWO teams that haven't beaten us in 5 years. We play Houston tomorrow and have games Thurs. Friday. and Sat. The 1-0 loss to Briarcrest was unfortunate and was due to a SAA error. Now my bud Canes says goals are caused by defensive misses, and we can use that term, but it was not because a great offensive break away of great footwork. It was a loss, but more a gift to Briarcrest. I have not commented on that game, because of the error, but soccermom and I did not see the same game and it is on tape. Its over, they got the W, look to the future.

I would beg to differ about us not seeing the same game. Even one of the St Agnes parents told me at the half that they thought that Briacrest had more opportunities and was playing the better game during the first half. Second half, St Agnes did come out stronger, but it was a very evenly played game with both teams having opportunities throughout.

Any tape of the game would show that the Briarcrest team consists of some of the top players in the city on varying club teams (as does St Agnes). It is quite true that the Briacrest goal was scored on keeper/defensive lack of communication in ball distribution after a save. A mistake that was capitalized on. The Briacrest players used their kills and footwork to make numerous runs on goal. It would not consider the win a "gift" to Briarcrest as we also had some starters out that game.