Gallatin vs Wilson Central

GWAVE1

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALOT of folks will be wondering how this one turns out as they will probably be seeing both teams later in the season. Both teams are sound fundamentally and play good football.

Good luck to both teams. Have a good safe scrimmage. Now is not the time for injuries as the REAL season is just a couple of weeks away.

ALOT of folks will be wondering how this one turns out as they will probably be seeing both teams later in the season. Both teams are sound fundamentally and play good football.

Good luck to both teams. Have a good safe scrimmage. Now is not the time for injuries as the REAL season is just a couple of weeks away.

Independence beat them easily last week WC jumped out to lead early after that all INDY and passing of Heckman WC wore down quickly...

Independence beat them easily last week WC jumped out to lead early after that all INDY and passing of Heckman WC wore down quickly...

overseascoach, where did you coach in England? I ask because I played at Lakenheath a LONG time ago. I asked in another thread but I guess you didn't see it.

Thanks,

LOD

Welcome home to Sumner Co. FATMAN. I might bring you some chicken wings and say hello to you. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I heard one of Wilson Central's coaches say that they played with more heart and desire after their first scrimmage. It showed. While Gallatin had very little emotion and the coaches were disappointed in how we were preparing. This was very simple one of those examples of what will happen if you don't do all the right things.

The JV started the scrimmage with both getting a couple of sets of 10 plays apiece. Gallatin scored on their last drive With a good run by Ethan Burns.

Wilson Central won the varsity scrimmage 17-7. I liked the format with the kicking game getting some much needed work. Wilson Central scored on long drives while Gallatin used a 70 yard run by Holder to get on the board. Gallatin also had a screen called back for holding. Overall their were no injuries and it was a good scrimmage with the starters getting several reps.

Wilson Central had some good looking athletes. #32 was probably the fastest player on the field and he had several nice runs from the wingback position. #3 and #8 at wideouts were tall and lanky but ran good routes and #8 made a very good catch to get into field goal range. Wilson Central's defense wasn't great but they did take advantage of several mishaps by Gallatin. While Gallatin could move the ball, dumb penalties and costly turnovers proved to be a problem. The qb for WC was very elusive and #4 got some good gains. Their line wasn't as big or as physical as Blackman but they had more speed. Of course it was still that crazy motion offense with plenty of speed traps and sweeps. Wilson Central should be pretty good if they can sure up the defense. Overall I would say Blackman has the edge in the line but Wc has the edge in the backfield.

Gallatin has work to do but we needed this to get ready for the season. It wasn't all bad. Several players I thought played really well. We just need more intinsity and get mentally tough.