CAK vs Boyd

HSfootball54

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will probably be won by The Bucs. The Buccaneers have a living legend in the making at quarterback. I was very impressed by Boyd's linebackers last season so I am sure they are even better this year. I look forward to a couple of trips to The Swamp this season. From a Living Legend's perspective, the Bucs win by 14.

I agree with the LivingLegends spread. TheLivingLegend knows of my Legend status. Us Legends stick together. Bucs by 14. This is the year Nic Hughes proves himself. (knock on wood) He has not done it yet due to injury. The team is a year older this year. The defense will be better than last year, and the offense will def. be a lot better with Hughes. Gilley and Beasley will run well this year if the O line blocks like they did at the jamboree. As well as Nic Hughes will have all day to pick defenses apart. We will miss G Baby on the O line, he was a motivator. I did not see CAK last year, but I am sure they will bring a good squad down to the swamp. 1 day left till football season! Travel safe from Knoxville CAK fans. And someone please drag that soccer coach of yours BigG out of hiding and force him to come to the swamp. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Payne was A senior and ya it is terrible to hear that I found out to day that he will be having surgery A week from Friday! Week of Meigs county game....But lets keep focus on this week Bucs

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of the season, especially for a senior. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. What was he expected to start at?

Bucwild, I am a follower of BBS football and hope that they have the talent you speak of in the post above but to say "the best receiving core to ever come through boyd" is a pretty bold statement. You maybe right and I have not seen any of this years wideouts play but are you saying that they are better than Drew Akins, Alex Jones, Ryan Headen, Blake Beckham the group that played in the state championship game? Will their passing game be as efficient as Will Healy's when throwing to those guys. If the defense is as good as you say and the receivers can get the ball we should be looking at a region championship and a win at CAK.

Is this the Buc that wore the famous # 24? I think the bucs have a lot of talent this year. They have some young guys who will start, but also loaded with return starters. The Seniors on the O line will definately get er done. Some of the others are young, but they are big and progressing. I don't think anyone would say better than Drew Akins (who was like having a coach on the field) or the others you mentioned. Nic has good finess when he stays calm. He looked great at times as a Sophomore....missed last season due to injury....but this should be his year. He also has many talented young targets to throw it to. If they catch everything he throws, break some big plays, score lots of TDs and come back and do it again next year...then we can put them in the Jones, Headen class, let's see how it goes.

I have always had high respect for the fans and supporters of Boyd. However this post and a previous post by DoctorGridIron has me questioning my thinking.

I wish the very best for your Team and your players Friday night.

I thinks it's all in fun. I assure you that Boyd has the highest respect for CAK. You all were very hospitable last year when we were up there. I hope we can be as gracious to your fans as you were to ours. You guys are a class act. Hope everyone has a safe trip. The concessions at Boyd are GREAT. Come early and eat, if you get there close to kickoff you will have to park across the street. (A long way from the stadium)

Don't be so sure that he is really a Boyd fan...sound like stirring the pot to me

Hi ZP, good to see you again. South Pitt should have their way in 1A this year. Good luck. I mean....until we come down. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Payne was A senior and ya it is terrible to hear that I found out to day that he will be having surgery A week from Friday! Week of Meigs county game....But lets keep focus on this week Bucs

To lose G-BABY is tough. He is a good player and loves the game. He has contributed to the program a lot over the past 2 years. He will certainly be missed.

Is this the Buc that wore the famous # 24? I think the bucs have a lot of talent this year. They have some young guys who will start, but also loaded with return starters. The Seniors on the O line will definately get er done. Some of the others are young, but they are big and progressing. I don't think anyone would say better than Drew Akins (who was like having a coach on the field) or the others you mentioned. Nic has good finess when he stays calm. He looked great at times as a Sophomore....missed last season due to injury....but this should be his year. He also has many talented young targets to throw it to. If they catch everything he throws, break some big plays, score lots of TDs and come back and do it again next year...then we can put them in the Jones, Headen class, let's see how it goes.

depends? who all do you remember being number 24?

He played Center last year, so unless there was any type of change I believe that is where he would of been.

Hate to hear the loss.

Reaction, I talked with that "sorry" soccer coach as you wanted and he cannot make it down. Something about football being barbaric or something /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />