Nashville-area coach Bill Ethridge passes away

CoachT

I received this email this morning. Please help if you can. You can email me with your information:

Long-time and beloved coach, Bill Ethridge, died suddenly yesterday of a heart attack. Bill was 50 years old. Bill was a private coach to countless pole vaulters and gymnasts for the past 20 years from all schools in Nashville and surrounding areas.

Bill's friends and students WERE his family. The only family we believe Bill has left is a sister who we believe lives somewhere in Georgia. Bill's employer has looked through records and not been able to find any next-of-kin noted. We desperately need to find this sister so arrangements can be made.

I'm hoping that you could put something on your website about this and that there may be some former students of Bill's, who became close to him, and know something about his sister - her name or where she lives.

I received this email this morning. Please help if you can. You can email me with your information:

Long-time and beloved coach, Bill Ethridge, died suddenly yesterday of a heart attack. Bill was 50 years old. Bill was a private coach to countless pole vaulters and gymnasts for the past 20 years from all schools in Nashville and surrounding areas.

Bill's friends and students WERE his family. The only family we believe Bill has left is a sister who we believe lives somewhere in Georgia. Bill's employer has looked through records and not been able to find any next-of-kin noted. We desperately need to find this sister so arrangements can be made.

I'm hoping that you could put something on your website about this and that there may be some former students of Bill's, who became close to him, and know something about his sister - her name or where she lives.

I have had a couple of emails from former students but no one has any details about his family yet, as far as I know.