Huntingdon at Milan

theplayer

Milan put 53 on the stangs..when was the last time that happened..if ever

Milan had never put up that many against Huntingdon as far as the records show. Huntingdon did give up 54 against Westview in 1995.

It's been a long time since we put up 50 against a good team. Might have been trying to say something last night. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan... Too big.. Too fast... Too good..

Hats off to the Bulldogs. Ya'll just wore us down. Another typical Bulldog team.

I imagine there will be some tackling drills in Huntingdon on Monday..

Good luck the rest of the year.

I am glad there are some people in Huntingdon who saw the game for what it was! Your coach not being one of them! Anyone read the paper? "That one call pretty much took the wind out of our sails" "I will be mailing a tape" Milan had 2 tds called back in the SAME drive but steppped up and overcame the penalties. Sometimes you play a team that is better than you are but i guess blaming everything else is just easier than admitting you got beat by a better team. No one call was amounted to 30 points!!

I am glad there are some people in Huntingdon who saw the game for what it was! Your coach not being one of them! Anyone read the paper? "That one call pretty much took the wind out of our sails" "I will be mailing a tape" Milan had 2 tds called back in the SAME drive but steppped up and overcame the penalties. Sometimes you play a team that is better than you are but i guess blaming everything else is just easier than admitting you got beat by a better team. No one call was amounted to 30 points!!

Yeah, Swenson /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" never gave the Bulldogs any credit. Just some whining about the refs. Milan had over twice the penalty yards that Huntingdon had including a TD called back.

Milan made a lot of mistakes over persuing in the first half but adjusted well at halftime to basically shut them down in the 2nd half.

Yeah, Swenson /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" never gave the Bulldogs any credit. Just some whining about the refs. Milan had over twice the penalty yards that Huntingdon had including a TD called back.

Milan made a lot of mistakes over persuing in the first half but adjusted well at halftime to basically shut them down in the 2nd half.

25-0 in the second half (1st team vs 1st team) Something tells me the Milan coaches made the adjustments.

I disagree Swenson the play that took the wind out our your sails was when Chris Beldsoe blocked the punt with 30 seconds left in the half. Then Tim Adkisson got behind your DBs, and then Gilbert did his thing.

I hate the Wing-T. The D got caught over pursuing a couple ot times and the DBs could use some work. But they looked a lot better in the second half. Milan with just too many athletes.

Well we finally won our opening game for a change. Huntingdon hung tight for a half thanks to our carelessness and the officials calls and lack of calls. Things got better in the 2nd half when even the officials realized they couldnt lead a Huntingdon comeback. 53-0 would have looked a lot better. We need to get lots better on defense before we play Trenton and Westview. We got burned by having 5 down linemen in the 1st half, not sure we have the personnel to run that all season.

I am a Milan fan and let me just say it makes us look bad as a fan base when we win by 26 pts. but still complain about calls. Huntingdon is good. They have heart. We are better. The officials call a pretty good game. Maybe they made a mistake or two. If you can officiate better, go get licensed. Otherwise be quiet. You make us look like we are out of touch. Milan will be fine. I don't believe there is a team around here as atheletic as we are. Should be a good year.

I just read the Jackson Sun. I can't believe what I read. Forget what Swenson said, did anyone read what Hatch said? He said Milan didn't beat them, they beat theirselves. That's the craziest thing I ever heard. I sure hope that isn't his opinion after he watches the film. Huntingdon is good, but I don't think anyone can deny that they were no match for Milan last night. I don't care how bad someone might think the officials were, what message do you send to your team when after a 26 poinnt thumping you blame it on one supposed bad call? Real good Swenson. You should pick up right where Mansfield left off. I don't doubt that Milan will probably see you again. I'm sure we post that article all over the locker room. Might have been a lot smarter to tip your hat to the better team and keep your mouth shut. That's the way I was taught anyway.

Yes I saw the comment as well. Pretty ridiculous I don't know how you make enough mistakes to beat yourselves by 5 TDs, oh well. Speaking of Swenson's attitude I had heard a lot of unflattering remarks in the weeks leading up to last night. Evidently not the class character that Mansfield is.

I didn't think Mansfield was that classy. In my opinion it is hard to take a step backwards from him, but apparently they did.

I read the paper too and no matter how much you get beat by, you can almost always use the excuse that you beat yourself. (I do it all the time when UT plays....ha ha), but I agree you just need to take the loss and admit that the better team won.

On another note, I was very impressed with Huntingdon's offense. It takes a while for the defense to get ajusted, then when you think they are, you get hit with a pass. Very impressive.

I lood forward to a great season. Go Dawgs!

Look Yall Done Got Me Started You Say 5 Players You Never Heard Of? Try The Greatest Players Of All Time And Yall Will Have To Put Up With Them For One More Year So Get Ready And What Kinda School Color Is Purple? That Aint No Color For No Football Team! You Ever Seen A Purple Bull Dawg? NEVER! And They Aint Bull Dawgs More Like Yorkies! HA! And Again Jus Look At The Scoreboard On Friday Night And You Will See Who Comes Out On Top! Huntingdon Mustangs! So Get Used To Hearing That Name Cuz Your Gunna Hear It All Year Long! So To All You Bull Dawgs And Bull Dawg Fans Its Mustang Pride Around Here There Aint No Purple Pack! We Will See Friday Nite!

MUSTANG PRIDE!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good god what did i tell you about bringin that weak offense to Johnnie Hale. Plz i ve never seen Milan put in the 3RD STRING versus the MIGHTY MIGHTY MUSTANGS. Keep talkin that smack and you ll get it dished right back at you from me. Jobronski Gilbert OWNED yall. Good god i thought it was gonna be a close game not a Stang ROUTING. Oh and by the way how did those purple fireworks look after we put up 53 on you buddyyyyy? hhahahahahaha get used to the color its gonna be talked about allllllllllllllllllllllllllll year long. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />